Al Gore endorses Dean

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MtnBiker, Dec 8, 2003.

1. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Dec 8, 4:54 PM (ET)

By RON FOURNIER

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - Former Vice President Al Gore intends to endorse Howard Dean for the Democratic presidential nomination, a dramatic move that could cement Dean's position in the fight for the party's nod.

Gore, who lost to President Bush in the disputed 2000 election, has agreed to endorse Dean in Harlem in New York City on Tuesday and then travel with the former Vermont governor to Iowa, sight of the Jan. 19 caucuses which kickoff the nominating process, said a Democratic source close to Gore.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Dean will return from Iowa in time for Tuesday night's Democratic debate in New Hampshire.

Dean's campaign declined to comment.

Gore won the popular vote by half a million votes in 2000 but conceded to Republican Bush after a tumultuous 36-day recount in Florida and a 5-4 Supreme Court vote against him. Gore's concession came Dec. 13, 2000.

The endorsement comes just weeks after two key union endorsements boosted Dean's candidacy. Gore's approval adds further evidence to Dean's case that he can carry the party's mantle next November and is more than an Internet-driven outsider.

Dean leads in key early state polls in New Hampshire and Iowa, and is trying to persuade Democrats wary of his lack of foreign policy experience and missteps on the campaign that his nomination is all but certain.

link

Looks like Dean is in a very strong postition to recieve the nomination.

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I wonder if Dukakis, Mondale, and McGovern, the Dems other losers, will also endorse Dean.

There's a great ad:

Endorsed by McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, and Gore!

3. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    not being one of THEM, if I were running for office I would try and get as far away from Mr.Gore as I could. wont be long before HE invented dean. which is all an well as I dont think any of them have half a chance get elected. I thank GOD everyday that G.W. is were he is instead of gore.:D

4. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    That's great Jeff. You can bet your ass Clinton will not be endorsing Dean. That is if he thinks Dean can win.

5. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Although Al Gore is giving his endorsement to Dean, Dean should hope Al Gore does not give advise on winning Dean's homestate during the general election.

6. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :laugh:

7. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I think that you are forgetting that Bush STOLE the election, and Mr.Gore should be president(i lost all faith in the dems after they didn't even put up a fight), so i think that if the majority of americans supported Gore last time, then it can only help Dean.
    http://www.consortiumnews.com/2001/111201a.html

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Stealing is a criminal act, what charges have been brought forth as a result of this theft?

Don't feel bad for Mr. Gore, it's not as if he was left unemployed, he's still receiving royalties from his business called the 'internet'.

Watching these people claim Bush stole the election still squirming about it 3 years later cracks me up!

9. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :laugh: it just keeps on getting better

10. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Palestinian Jew... WELCOME TO DECEMBER 2003!!! Bush has now been our president for almost three years! Al Gore has not! Myabe you went into a coma three years ago and just woke up... but please get over it!