Al Gore Calls For Single-Payer Health Care

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
NEW YORK ― Al Gore called for single-payer health care on Tuesday, one day after a revolt by GOP senators dashed Republican hopes of passing a bill to repeal Obamacare.

Speaking at an event to promote his new climate change documentary, the former vice president said health insurance companies have failed to offer cost-effective coverage, even under the Affordable Care Act. A government-run, single-payer system would provide taxpayer-funded basic health care coverage for everyone.

“The private sector has not shown any ability to provide good, affordable health care for all,” Gore told a packed auditorium at Borough of Manhattan Community College. “I believe we ought to have single-payer health care.”

More: Al Gore Calls For Single-Payer Health Care

I agree, Al. Thanks for your support.

NEW YORK ― Al Gore called for single-payer health care on Tuesday, one day after a revolt by GOP senators dashed Republican hopes of passing a bill to repeal Obamacare.

Speaking at an event to promote his new climate change documentary, the former vice president said health insurance companies have failed to offer cost-effective coverage, even under the Affordable Care Act. A government-run, single-payer system would provide taxpayer-funded basic health care coverage for everyone.

“The private sector has not shown any ability to provide good, affordable health care for all,” Gore told a packed auditorium at Borough of Manhattan Community College. “I believe we ought to have single-payer health care.”

Is everyone getting healthcare going to pay taxes?

1srn7e.jpg

Single payer?

Makes sense, given where we are now in the Nation's history, and the current global sociology climate.

Although I'm not sure that Mister I-Invented-the-Internet is the right champion for that particular cause.

Think he's sniffing-around Dead Duck Hillary's carcass, to sneak back into a leadership role?

No. Babies don't pay many taxes, nor do those on the other end of life. Grow up.

Single-payer is inevitable. Just a matter of time.

Who gives a fuck what Al Gore thinks? Did he explain why it didn't work in Vermont, or why voters in Colorado turned it down last fall or why the deepest blue state in the country (CA) decided not to try it? Did he say why we should believe the federal gov't can run a national health are system any better than they're doing with the VA? Which stinks to high heaven?

The guy should have been arrested when they caught him with the smoking phone in his hands illegally soliciting donations from foreign entities but he managed to convince his minions in the media that there was "no controlling legal authority" and they laughed it off. The freaking hypocrite used more energy in his little compound than most small towns when he was preaching about less energy consumption for the rest of us. How did that arrest for molesting a massage therapist turn out?

With all due respect Al is a putz.

Well if this is anything like his global warming predictions, Obamacare will be repealed during Trumps first term and replaced by Medical savings accounts, Medical vouchers and cross State insurance policies.

Thanks, Al, you give me newfound hope of Obamacares inevitable demise

Time to quit employer health insurance, then they can offer better pay. How many here keep their jobs due to health insurance, and otherwise would quit. I am sure none of the Pubs here would admit it, but they do and they also worry about losing their job. Lets not pretend.

Well if this is anything like his global warming predictions, Obamacare will be repealed during Trumps first term and replaced by Medical savings accounts, Medical vouchers and cross State insurance policies.

Thanks, Al, you give me newfound hope of Obamacares inevitable demise

Where have you been, they have had HSA's for a long time. Also they have had across state lines health insurance as well. The ACA is not working due to Trump and the GOP. Time for universal care. We will not go back to the way it was.

Time to quit employer health insurance, then they can offer better pay. How many here keep their jobs due to health insurance, and otherwise would quit. I am sure none of the Pubs here would admit it, but they do and they also worry about losing their job. Lets not pretend.
Ok, there's a good point

The leeches aren't but you get to pay for them. Great system huh.

With all due respect Al is a putz.
Al Jezeera Gore is due zero respect, and yes he is a major putz.

Forum List

Back