Airline Seating Policy 'Demonizes' Men

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bonnie, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Airline Seating Policy 'Demonizes' Men
    By Patrick Goodenough
    CNSNews.com International Editor
    November 29, 2005

more
    http://www.gopusa.com/news/2005/november/1129_airline_men1.shtml

What are your opinons about this???

2. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

in todays world I can understand the airlines concern and policy...better safe than sorry...I can also feel for the shipping manager and father of two for his embarrassment...I think the airlines could have avoided the problem by assigning the seats prior to boarding though!

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I think that sucks! Unless they had a reason to think he would harm the child, that is unfair. It's up to the airlines, who've assumed the responsibility of loco parentus, to ensure the safety of the child, not to foist that onto another, in this case a woman.

Wrong.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I think it's just another example of the LONG trend of demonizing men. And people wonder what's happening to fathers these days.

5. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    It is absurd to think that a woman is somehow more able to look after a complete stranger's child better than a man...to ask a member of EITHER sex to spend their airplane trip (which they paid exorbitantly for and probably aren't looking forward to to begin with!) babysitting because the flight attendants don't feel like it is ludicrous.

Either the airline can accept responsibility for the child sitting alone next to whoever they sit next to (or the flight attendants will take responsibility for checking on the child regularly) OR the airline has to accept the consequences of NOT taking unattended children on their planes!!!

Sorry...but male or female...a person flying on a plane did NOT check a little box on travelocity or unitedair.com "Yes, I'm willing to babysit an unattended minor." And since that little box isn't available to check OR NOT check...I should not be expected to do the airlines dirty work.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Gosh--you think it was safe for a male to even FLY the plane??? or fuel the plane?? or load the baggage??
    These silly little attempts to "protect" the world from men are biting us all in the ass.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Nah, kill them all! No one else would say that, let it be me! BBBbwwwwaaahhhhhaaaaaaa

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    It's just the outgrowth of modern feminism. These brats have basically convinced themselves that having a penis should be considered a felony. Now that somebody brings it up, there's only one time I've ever seen a male sitting next to an unattended kid on a flight (and I've flown quite a bit). It was me, and I was wearing Naval Academy clothes because it was all I had...and I was using crutches...and looked like I hadn't slept well in weeks (I hadn't). I got put next to a kid on both legs of the flight and was more than happy to babysit, but can certainly understand the trauma of being stuck next to somebody else's brat for 3 hours. If somebody had expressed to me that they thought a woman should've sat next to him instead of me, I would have protested.

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

:laugh: Isn't that the truth!!! I can't even stand going out to restaurants anymore because I wind up watching other people's children for them. In one case a toddler was standing up in her booster seat while her parents ignored it, sure enough she fell backwards and luckily because I was in the booth adjacent to their table and directly behind the baby I was able to catch her. The whole meal I was a wreck thinking she would do it again...

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

Would you prefer that they look at you as if you were some kind of child molester and keep their kid as far away from you as possible?