Air your issues, be heard

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by jimnyc, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Any attacks by a moderator should and will be addressed. I have asked the mods to lower the heat a bit when engaging in a debate, and to seek assistance from another mod should there be issues. They are free to lash back if someone attacks them, but I do expect them to hold themselves to a higher standard as a moderator and not abuse their power.

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248

1- Thank you, that's exactly what I'm doing

2- Users who break the rules will be banned. Those who don't can remain. The mods and myself will decide when that line has been crossed.

3- There are 11 moderators and myself. With people posting throughout the day and night we would like to have ourselves covered. There are times when 4 or 5 mods are here together and times only one. I feel we have adequate coverage for the current size of the board.

4- Mods have special status as I trust them to look out for the best interest of the board. This includes warning, closing threads, moving threads and sometimes banning users. All complaints about mods should be directed to me.

5- I thought about removing the rep system but then decided against it. It's just a 'fun' tool that allows a little more interaction between members. It's not meant to be taken seriously. If someone is getting abused or feels there is a problem with the rep system, contact -=d=- or myself and we will have it stopped.

6- There isn't anything happening up 'here'. John has elected to leave the board. Everything else remains the same. Nothing is being hidden from the members that I am aware of.

7- I sort of covered this in my prior response. The rules still apply here. If a mod flames someone then they should expect it in return and not use their power as a debating tool. I'm hoping this won't be seen anymore with the mods, but should it happen they will be held to the same standards.

8- ok

9- I believe I have chosen wisely. I have much faith in the moderators I have chosen. We are human like everyone else, and always look to improve, but I think the mods normally work in the best interest of what I have asked them to.

10- The purpose of this board has been and always will be the same - to allow users the freedom of speech to engage in debate and have their point of views and opinions heard.

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248

1- I believe 2-3 of the mods know one another personally off the board but after that I believe everyone else has met here. I don't think the playing field is uneven, because I don't see it as 'mods against members'. Everyone should use and enjoy the board for the same reasons. I can be contacted directly if someone has an issue with a moderator or feel moderators are 'ganging' up on them.

2- It more or less does take more than one mod to ban anyone. I have authorized the mods to ban anyone that is a nuisance and has broken the rules - but I personally review EVERY ban. I have overturned quite a few bannings that I felt were unwarranted, and have left most in place. I try to give a fair shake to all that come here and I'm confident even a few liberals would vouch for that.

3- See prior posts. I will not tolerate a mod starting trouble then threatening members when they pounce back. I feel this problem was addressed with the mods and I don't expect to see this as an issue down the road.

4- Nobody is allowed a 2nd ID, mod or not. There are no duplicate moderators that I have detected and if I did they would face the same punishment as anyone else that tries to do the same.

5- There is a 'hack' for vBulletin that allows for moderator tools that perform similar functions that you speak of. I very well may implement that down the road, but I have neither the time nor the money right now to invest in another project.

6- I am VERY happy to announce that Isaac Brock has accepted a mod position with the board effective immediately. Yes, he's a liberal, but perhaps one of our smartest members, extremely well spoken and quite fair with everyone he encounters.

7- That's exactly what I'm doing right now. I feel this is best for the board but I'm not naive enough to believe I'll be pleasing everyone.

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    I have a question for you that you are free to answer via a direct PM to me.

What in the world thinks you are entitled to hear any damn explanation at all as to what happens between me and my family?

5. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    I'll reiterate my question to you, what makes you think I owe you an explanation as to what transpires in my family? This is about the USMB, not personal issues.

6. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    She does exist, at least to those of us bright enough to speak with facts.

You won't be banned. I promised I would allow members to speak their minds and I plan on honoring that.

7. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    I've addressed this elsewhere and countless times through various other avenues.

THERE IS EXACTLY ZERO PROOF TO BELIEVE GABBY IS ANYONE OTHER THAN SHE CLAIMS. BELIEVE ME, I'VE LOOKED INTO IT AND FOUND NO ISSUES.

I fel this was worth repeating for all to see once and for all.

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    I am working with the moderators to make this a more pleasant place for everyone. I have no specific issues with any of the moderators. We all make mistakes from time to time, and the mods do as well. We usually correct ourselves and move on. It's just an online message board and these are who I have chosen to help me run things.

9. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248

1- Agreed 100%. I have spoken with the mods and I don't believe we'll see this happen again.

2- Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself.

10. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    There was one argument. One member decided to leave. There is no more arguing amongst mods that I am aware of. Not every mod thinks identically, but they are bright and mature enough to resolve through differences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.