Air Force considers drilling for oil at Vandenberg

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Good luck. The deal has to be approved by the state Lands Commission and the California Coastal Commission. Story @ Air Force considers drilling for oil at Vandenberg | Military Times | militarytimes.com

Personal note: Nearby Pismo Beach got its name from the tar balls that constantly washed up on the beach. I clearly remember seeing them on the shores when I was young, NATURAL leakage from the multitude of oil pools offshore. It it's there, why on earth don't we use it! The Treehuggers once again are doing everything possible to defeat our energy independence.

:eusa_whistle:

Good luck. The deal has to be approved by the state Lands Commission and the California Coastal Commission. Story @ Air Force considers drilling for oil at Vandenberg | Military Times | militarytimes.com

Personal note: Nearby Pismo Beach got its name from the tar balls that constantly washed up on the beach. I clearly remember seeing them on the shores when I was young, NATURAL leakage from the multitude of oil pools offshore. It it's there, why on earth don't we use it! The Treehuggers once again are doing everything possible to defeat our energy independence.

Given the poor enviro record of the military cleaning up after itself --- this probably wouldn't harm the tons of OTHER damage they've caused on their property..

Article title:
"Air Force considers drilling for oil at Vandenberg"

Actual text:
"U.S. Air Force officials are considering leasing land to private companies to drill for oil and gas..."

Article title:
"Air Force considers drilling for oil at Vandenberg"

Actual text:
"U.S. Air Force officials are considering leasing land to private companies to drill for oil and gas..."

That makes more sense.. Big diff between "here we go ---- into the wild blue yonder" and "here we go --- drilling holes in the ground"... :cool:

Forum List

Back