AIG is taking the US to court

Edit why do you think contiuing the same stupid as policies as your predecessor is a good idea?

It is not a good idea. That is the why of the 90% tax on the bonuses for incompetance. And that is why right now is a good time to raise that taxes on the very wealthy. 50%, plus the personal SS tax, I think that is about 6.3%, would be about right, keep it at that level until the economy is in good shape, and then reduce it slowly, but retain the SS tax. After all, it is their security also.

Just a reminder to you partisans seeking to pin this mess entirely on the current administration?

Bush II gave the first two rounds of cash to AIG.

I know how inconvenient that might be to any of you who have the capacity to think beyond your prejudices, but there it is.

Where has anyone said differently about Bush starting this? Oh and the second one he procured, but passed it to President Obama.

Every post you read where some partisan nitwit attpts to pin this crap on OBama, honey.

Kittennorner, Xited, Garyd posts for example seem to want to play the partisan blame game, don't you think?

Poetic justice.

The idiot gov gives them money, and they use it to sue them.

A wonderfully symmetrical fuck you to the bailout brigade.

Is Chapter 11 still an option for AIG, or is it too late for that?

FWIW - AIG, Bush, Obama, and Congress are all at fault.

Last edited:
The US gov owns 80% of it, if they go chapter 11 you will be treated to the spectacle of the gov working with bankrupcy courts trying to sort this out.

Just a reminder to you partisans seeking to pin this mess entirely on the current administration?

I know how inconvenient that might be to any of you who have the capacity to think beyond your prejudices, but there it is.

Where has anyone said differently about Bush starting this? Oh and the second one he procured, but passed it to President Obama.

Every post you read where some partisan nitwit attpts to pin this crap on OBama, honey.

You seem a reasonable person, most of the time. Honey is a bit over the line, I'll chalk that up to condescension, not chauvinism. It seems that your perspective addresses the 'partisanship' label towards on side only, not that you show any bias of course. :rolleyes:

You seem a reasonable person, most of the time. Honey is a bit over the line, I'll chalk that up to condescension, not chauvinism. It seems that your perspective addresses the 'partisanship' label towards on side only, not that you show any bias of course. :rolleyes:

ed wouldn't have to condescend if the rest of us were just a little smarter.
:eusa_whistle:

Good,I'm glad. Our congress critters are trying their hand at mob rule. They need to be told they aren't going to get away with it.

Want to bet? AIG just told the American Citizen that he is a loser. Just fork over the money, we are going to do whatever we like. Right now, they are telling the people that work at AIG not to wear or display company logos, for their own safety.

The American Citizen has realized that he has been the victum of major thievery, and is mad as hell. And will continue to be angry. The kind of anger that leads to major changes in the political and economic structure of this nation.

It's not the "average" citizen harrassing the employees of AIG. It is the Unions (bought and paid for by Oblah blah) driving angry Union protesters there via bus. This is all a big dog and pony show to rile up the mob mentality.

It seems to be blowing right past the rights heads that what they are suing us for happened UNDER BUSH!

ed wouldn't have to condescend if the rest of us were just a little smarter.
:eusa_whistle:

Can't all be editec in the Ivory Tower...Hello up there!

The least experienced most untested and untried president in the entire history of the country. You hire an incompetent ignoramus you get an incompetent ignoramus.

Pertty much. Once he brought up his "educational" status I knew he was actually a moron (well before but that just re-enforced it). As I say "never hire an educated person to do any real work", the more they talk about what school they go to, the more they flash their degrees ... the less they really know.

It seems to be because they are so sure of themselves and their superior knowledge and intellect that they haven't a clue when they're in the dark about something. I was building a new home for a highly billeted IU professor once. Seeing me strike a blue chalk-line for the next wall I was going to build, he said: "So.......that's how you make those blue lines !"

Kittennorner, Xited, Garyd posts for example seem to want to play the partisan blame game, don't you think?
and YOU want to pin it all on Bush
so?

It seems to be blowing right past the rights heads that what they are suing us for happened UNDER BUSH!
and passed by the democrat controlled CONGRESS, moron!
you just want to place blame on ONE person
this thing is a huge ass clusterfuck and YOUR GUYS were in on it

You seem to be missing the point that AIG, Bush, Obama and Congress are all at fault.
and missing the fact that most CONSERVATIVES were absolutely against bailing out ANYONE
let them fail
its not the governments place to prop up a failing business
this is what happens when the government over steps it limits

as i recall the bush admin let a few financial institutions fail....then everyone started screaming and timmy and bennie started passing out loans to aig ..... the dem controlled congress then drafted and passed the bills that bush signed into law and timmy and ben only passed out 1/2.....now barry timmy benneynanny and dirty harry are passing out money like candy at halloween.....

and the same congress that started this is still there accusing others, claiming the know how to fix this and passing out money.....

i blame one group of people.....if there is a person in office that you voted for.....it is your fault....you hired em....you had your chance to fire them ...you failed....suck it up.....

as i recall the bush admin let a few financial institutions fail....then everyone started screaming and timmy and bennie started passing out loans to aig ..... the dem controlled congress then drafted and passed the bills that bush signed into law and timmy and ben only passed out 1/2.....now barry timmy benneynanny and dirty harry are passing out money like candy at halloween.....

and the same congress that started this is still there accusing others, claiming the know how to fix this and passing out money.....

i blame one group of people.....if there is a person in office that you voted for.....it is your fault....you hired em....you had your chance to fire them ...you failed....suck it up.....
IIRC, only Lehman Bros. failed...the rest were bought by other banks.

When Lehman failed it became apparent that the entire financial market was nothing but a house of cards being run by people with nothing to lose, in part because CEOs received billions of dollars just for taking a job and employees were promised billions of dollars in bonuses for taking ridiculous risks.

To blame it on Bush or Obama is convenient but ridiculous. To blame it on people that voted for either one is also ridiculous. It will be extremely difficult for anyone to sort out this mess...if not impossible.

Forum List

Back