After useing this new format since it started i am not digging it

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
It is VERY difficult to navigate on my phone (note 10+)
The reply box rarely stays on the screen so I can actually see what I am typing.
Searching through any particular thread with more than a handful of responses is an arduous fishing expedition because everything just kind of bleeds together.
It is also HUGE on my screen.
While the old format was very plain it was incredibly easy to navigate and find exactly what you wanted.

I will have both of you banned immediately! We can suffer no discontent!

emoti 1.jpg

Looks like we don't have to like it, we just gotta do it if we continue to hang around here.

Me no likey either. The old wasn't broke.

Actually the old forum was failing, it was no longer being supported (means NO updates for security and compatibility with server) the errors were building up because the server host had upgraded their php to the next version, which the old forum can't do. It gets old quickly having to come in to clean up the errors, reset the background set up to keep it going.

I was initially not satisfied either, but the Administrators did a lot of tweaking to make it much better, it is faster, better set up and easier to use than the old one. Change upsets people, it is a common reaction, but this one was NECESSARY!

Cheers.

Last edited:
I HATES IT ...

This new format would have been MURDER on a dial-up modem, forget using floppy disks ... at this rate I'll have to replace all the vacuum tubes in my machine every year ... 256 colors is useless on a black-and-white monitor ... so STOP will ya ...

Actually the old forum was failing, it was no longer being supported (means NO updates for security and compatibility with server) the errors were building up because the server host had upgraded their php to the next version, which the old forum can't do. It gets old quickly having to come in to clean up the errors, reset the background set up to keep it going.

I was initially not satisfied either, but the Administrators did a lot of tweaking to make it much better, it is faster, better set up and easier to use than the old one. Change upsets people, it is a common reaction, but this one was NECESSARY!

Cheers.
Well! You better hope your check from the mods is good, because mine bounced!! ;)

Cheers.

Again, this is where an 'informative' button would be useful.

Cheers.

Again, this is where an 'informative' button would be useful.
I agree. I don't understand why the informative button "disappeared" :dunno:

While I can understand the necessity of the change based upon the admins' explanation, I am personally missing the warm and welcoming feeling or mood ( ambiance ) I remember the previous format having. There was more intimacy although I can't remember any details. I remember only a coziness the format contained. I will become accustomed to this one as time goes on and the memory of the last two formats fades. :sigh2:

While I can understand the necessity of the change based upon the admins' explanation, I am personally missing the warm and welcoming feeling or mood ( ambiance ) I remember the previous format having. There was more intimacy although I can't remember any details. I remember only a coziness the format contained. I will become accustomed to this one as time goes on and the memory of the last two formats fades. :sigh2:
jesus H holy Christ! How can you be intimate with a piece of software??? Call out the the men with the nets!

Yes, I still vote to:

1. Ditch the thumbs down button
2, Give us back our funny & agree button
3. Give us back our informative button.
4. And again a sympathy or prayers button would be helpful when we just want to empathize with somebody.

I mainly post here from my phone and the new format makes that odd and rather difficult.

I’ll get used to it. Or I won’t. Either way, I’m just a guest at this party, so I’ll refrain making fun of the decorations too much.

Cheers.
Well! You better hope your check from the mods is good, because mine bounced!! ;)

What check?

If they held onto the old forum software, it would have eventually CRASHED or hacked, then we ALL get bounced, no checks for sure.

I have been on THREE forums that failed this way, BECAUSE they stayed with a version that was long unsupported (No ugrades, no security upgrades) It is INEVITABLE for it to happen. One of the Forums was called Liberty Dwells, the owner never upgraded from the very old vBULLETIN 3 series, thus after about 5 years of NO upgrades, it got hacked due to security holes never patched. Bouncers Forum is gone too because the stupid owner didn't take MY advice that he upgrade to php3 series, which gets full software support. He got angry with me, by banning me, which his own global moderator didn't agree, by unbanning me, since I didn't violate the forum rules. It died soon after. when It was swamped with THOUSANDS of bogus members, crashing it. The third one happened so long ago, Globalic warming , died due to never upgrading to phpBB3, it got hacked by filling every nook and cranny of the server space with many thousands of bogus members, crashing it and burn, I knew the moderator of that forum who lamented that his owner did nothing to fix it, he refused to upgrade saying he didn't like the newer version, result was a destroyed forum.

There is another forum I can't name, since it is still alive BARELY, I have been trying to convince the owner to abandon a terrible software he is using, it was the forum I should have taken over 4 1/2 years ago, when the original owner offered it to me, which I regret to this day, as it was at the time an active living forum (until it got hacked the first time under the second owner (who didn't take care of the software) then after a month, fixed it up, but got hacked again, shut down (which the dumb ass owner didn't notice for 5 months, despite frantic e-mails from moderators!) That pretty much killed it, the latest owner is even worse, he switch to a horrid software, then like the last two become an absente owner, while the forum limps along...., he quickly stopped replying to my suggestions, thinks he is doing a great job, no wonder it has about 8 active members, when it used to have HUNDREDS of active members, a day under the original owner.

Came back to add this:

I advised a forum owner (I am a moderator in the forum) to upgrade from the old phpBB2 to myBB 1.6 series, my favorite free forum software, he was struggling with the long out of date old phpBB2 forum software so much, with its limited set up to deal with troublesome members, worried about security. He made the change, which saved his forum, it is still alive 6 years later.

Good owners maintain or upgrade their forums, they stay alive and grow.

Bad owners disappear for months, fails to maintain or upgrade gets smashed or crashed forum.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back