African Union Troop Deployment to Darfur Delayed

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by onedomino, Oct 17, 2004.

1. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Could it be any slower getting AU troops deployed in Darfur? Are they walking there? Do they need air transport? Nigeria must have at least a couple of C130s that could be used. I think the "logistics" delay is code for political delay. Anyway, here's a story about Rwanda troops delayed a week because of "logistics." We must hope they do a better job of preventing genocide in Darfur than they did in their own country.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Annan has to wait until all those who support it are "done" with thier business.
    How many more years to we have to deal with this asshole anyway?

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    YAY, thousands more will die as the world does nothing. let's all celebrate the triumph of evil in darfur. terrorists are winning and no one gives a damn. we all know damn well if a few certain powerful countries (Britain, cough, France, cough, America, cough) put their all into making an intervention happen (w/wo UN approval), this bullshit would stop immediately. sadly, this ain't bound to happen any time soon.

btw, China and Russia are celebrating as well. Their victory over US human rights is total and complete.

4. MJDuncan1982

MJDuncan1982 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hear, Hear! I'd like to see Bush actually prove he has the high moral ground and help Darfur.

5. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    He already proved it by taking out Saddam.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Well dammit--get the congress to declare war on them !!! Any Dems wanna write the declaration that will send troops and aid to Sudan?? I'm fucking sick and tired of this whining !!!!! The Dems just sit on their asses and blame everyone but themselves. Congress has power !! Use it or shut the fuck up!!

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    in all fairness, its not about moral high ground... the prez has very difficult decisions to make that most politicians have no idea of... the army is tied up in iraq... the american people seem to be growing weary, what more can he do at this point? the onus is on the american people to support their leaders, not second guess them.... prez. bush may feel he'll be second guessed at every turn if he tries to do something, especially during the election season

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I agree NATO and most reasonable people are aware of this yet the damn left has to bitch about Korea, Iran, Sudan , Saudi Arabia etc etc. If they are serious then they can start writing their declarations of war. THEY ARE NOT IMPOTENT yet the act like it and blame Bush. PUT UP OR SHUT UP . Let's see how this flies when the Dems start carrying this flag!!

9. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Not to mention the numerous things one can do to help as an individual, NGO's would be perfectly happy to accept volunteers.

10. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i'm only allowed by the military to volunteer for online/writing support. they won't allow me to go to darfur or chad. :bs1: eh, i joined and i must follow orders. first things first when i get out i'm going to whatever trouble spot is in serious trouble.