African-American Music Appreciation Month

another favorite

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REVl4skqqUg]YouTube - Stomp Em In The Nuts[/ame]

I hate when people say that black American music is the root of all American music. I do not deny whatsoever that black American music is extremely influential to many people. Motown was one of the greatest music revolutions ever. But saying this, I disagree with it influencing all American music and dedicating a month to it is racist. Therefore, Boedicca, I believe this thread is in the right forum.

I hate when people say that black American music is the root of all American music. I do not deny whatsoever that black American music is extremely influential to many people. Motown was one of the greatest music revolutions ever. But saying this, I disagree with it influencing all American music and dedicating a month to it is racist. Therefore, Boedicca, I believe this thread is in the right forum.

It's no more racist than black history month. When is white history month again? Oh, that's right.....

It's no more racist than black history month. When is white history month again? Oh, that's right.....

January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

That's nonsense.

Presidential Proclamation- African-American Music Appreciation Month | The White House

Certainly well deserved since African American music is at the core of all American music.

A. You're full of shit. American music traditionally has been Gaelic. Too bad for your lying, dumb ass.

B. When's Gaelic American Music Appreciation Month?

C. Go fuck your racist self, huh?:eusa_eh:

Every month is Gaelic American Music Appreciation Month.

Join me for 'the one'.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuRjO8WbgT8]YouTube - The One (song by Gaelic Storm)[/ame]

Presidential Proclamation- African-American Music Appreciation Month | The White House

Certainly well deserved since African American music is at the core of all American music.

A. You're full of shit. American music traditionally has been Gaelic. Too bad for your lying, dumb ass.

Gaelic music? You can't be serious.

All popular American music has it's roots in The Blues.

The Irish have great music!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xtVipOjTEE]YouTube - Gaelic Storm - The Night I Punched Russell Crowe.[/ame]

No African influence needed here....in the music of my people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n08JRxVLKLE&feature=PlayList&p=EE857DBC5A2E9463&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=7]YouTube - Enya - On your Shore[/ame]

Still the influence they bring has it's good value ... They offer it in exchange for what we need not want to see.

DeFord Bailey was a true pioneer, the first African-American artist to perform at the Grand Ole Opry (from 1927 to 1941).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7VBJTHWxo&feature=related]YouTube - DeFord Bailey - Fox Chase[/ame]

Gaelic? That's not off the mark. If you know the history of the southerly migration from our earliest colonies, you know that the Scotch and Irish were disproportionately represented in that pattern. Many settled in Appalachia...many lines have still never left some of those "hollers." You can hear that influence in early country music, in bluegrass and more.

When you figure out where the blues originated, let me know how embarrassed you are. Well, that's if you can reason and whatnot .....:eusa_whistle:

Gaelic? That's not off the mark. If you know the history of the southerly migration from our earliest colonies, you know that the Scotch and Irish were disproportionately represented in that pattern. Many settled in Appalachia...many lines have still never left some of those "hollers." You can hear that influence in early country music, in bluegrass and more.

That would be "Scottish". Adhesive tape is "Scotch". Otherwise, I completely agree.

What's great about all music in America, is that we assemble parts of other cultures to make our own unique thing.

I agree all contemporary music has it's roots in the blues. However, the blues has it's roots in spirituals, tribal beats, and even bluegrass. Leadbelly cut "Gallis Pole" which is an old Celtic Song (I think) then Led Zeppelin cut "Gallows Pole".

That's the ironic thing, we sucked in all this culture and made our own, then we exported it back to Europe and then the Beatles invaded followed by the Stones and the Who.

I am enjoying the revival that bluegrass is having with groups like "Old Crow Medicine Show". Good stuff.

So, like, they couldn't just combine everything into black history month? wtf is with this 'month' shit anyway? People have the attention span of a gnat and some think they will pay attention to anything for an entire month? Good Lord. :rolleyes: Hey, when's Irish American month? Yeah, thought so.

Forum List

Back