Afghanistan: Smart Political Move by Obama

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
He actually said we would be withdrawing last year but this was pretty slick. Release the campaign video just before the one year anniversary of bin Laden's death. Use Romney's own words about how he would never go into Pakistan against him and lure him into a quibble.
Then go to Afghanstan and announce our full withdrawal.

I'll be curious to observe what the GOP comes up with as a counter-punch and I'm sure it will be regurgitated here as soon as it's out. I'm betting they go with "He's only doing it because it's an election year." which is like "Yeah so what?". They might try "He's taking too long and will be spending too much money!" but that will be tough to sell, considering they put us there in the first place. Maybe they'll get more creative.

In any case, this was smart politics by Obama.

BTW, John McCain, who campaigned for president by saying he had a secret plan to find and kill bin Laden, has come out to say it's wrong to mention bin Laden as a compaign point. Hmmm.
Romney who said it's wrong that Obama is using this sort of thing in a campaign, spent the day with NY Mayor Rudi Guilani and some firefighters who were at 9/11. Hmmm.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back