Afghanistan may be a new theatre of US-Russia rivalry

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by Vikrant, Apr 13, 2017.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,558
    Croatia was the portion he was born in. The redistricting names or lines were changed in the wars. I'll see about finding maps for you. "During World War II, when Bosnia was part of the Nazi puppet state known as the Independent State of Croatia,"

The Independent State of Croatia (Croatian: Nezavisna Država Hrvatska, NDH; German: Unabhängiger Staat Kroatien; Italian: Stato Indipendente di Croazia) was a World War II puppet state of Germany[5][6][7] and Italy. It was established in parts of occupied Yugoslavia on 10 April 1941, after the invasion by the Axis powers. Its territory consisted of most of modern-day Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as some parts of modern-day Serbia and Slovenia.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,820
    thanks-----DA BALKANS was always a mess--------it is tragic. I think rome did
    it. When I was a kid-----my playmates were two sisters of Yugoslavian
    background. -------lots of Yugoslavian stuff-----the parents---born in the USA--- spoke to each other in it. --------They were clearly of the SERBIAN FLAVOR----eastern orthodox. Nice people but they harbored unexplained "hatreds"----
    catholics, blacks, Hispanics -----(they kept their anti-Semitism quiet when I
    was around----but it "leaked" ) Had I not known them-----I would never have
    been able to FATHOM-----the political dilemma in the Balkans----congenital
    feud-like hatred

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,558
    The tribal based religions (of all sorts), control mongers, pride and old hatreds do that. I had a dear friend of Chinese decent. She was sold into slavery as a child. She thought she hated all blacks because of the way the ones treated her when she worked at the mess hall. Her husband was Rod's sergeant and good friend. I will publish what I wrote about her friendship and another very good friend one day and link it here. So many different customs around the globe and we humans can easily get tunnel vision.

4. Vikrant

Vikrant Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,040
    NEW DELHI – President Donald Trump's national security adviser has discussed the situation in Afghanistan with India's prime minister, nearly a week after the U.S. military dropped a massive non-nuclear bomb in the country that it said killed 94 militants.

H.R. McMaster's meeting Tuesday with Prime Minister Narendra Modi marked the first visit by a Trump administration official to India, a key ally in Asia.

The U.S. Embassy says the two also discussed ways to increase defense and counter-terrorism cooperation, and McMaster assured Modi of India's status as a major defense partner in the global fight against terrorism.

Indian TV stations broadcast images of McMaster and Modi, each flanked by officials, sitting together at Modi's home in the Indian capital.

McMaster's visit followed stops in Kabul and Islamabad.

US national security adviser discusses Afghanistan in India

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,558
    You may want to read the articles I translated with google and posted in this thread to<>Who is fighting for limited govt in the Middle East?

6. yiostheoy

yiostheoy Gold Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,774
    If the Russians want A-stan back then I think we should turn it over to them with love and kisses.

7. Vikrant

Vikrant Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,040
    Afghanistan is far more important to the US than Syria and Iran combined.

8. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,820
    why?