Adulthood

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
I have finally come to realize that my childhood is over. Friday, I was poring over W-2 forms and filling out tax forms and I caught myself genuinely caring about social security. NOOOOOOOO, I DON'T WANNA BE GROWN UP! I'M ONLY 22!

I think it had something to do with the fact that twice as much was withheld for social security than for state and federal tax combined.

Hobbit said:
I have finally come to realize that my childhood is over. Friday, I was poring over W-2 forms and filling out tax forms and I caught myself genuinely caring about social security. NOOOOOOOO, I DON'T WANNA BE GROWN UP! I'M ONLY 22!

I think it had something to do with the fact that twice as much was withheld for social security than for state and federal tax combined.

You have to------you're gonna be paying for mine ! :teeth:

Hobbit said:

:boohoo:

I wonder what the average amount of Social Security each person puts in...over the course of their working lives....

It can't be more than the 25K per year...over 15 years that people average in retirement....no wonder they system is so messed up!

Even if you put in the max to Social Security over 25 years (and figuring the max to be high at: $6000 per year), you would only contribute 175,000

If you took out the max amount (since you paid in the max amount) your benefits over 15 years would be 375,000 at 25k per year!

Someone do the math, and see if I am correct, here!

This systems is FUBAR!!!!!

Fmr jarhead said:
Even if you put in the max to Social Security over 25 years (and figuring the max to be high at: $6000 per year), you would only contribute 175,000

If you took out the max amount (since you paid in the max amount) your benefits over 15 years would be 375,000 at 25k per year!

Someone do the math, and see if I am correct, here!

This systems is FUBAR!!!!!

It was fine when it was made. On average, a person would die 5 years before being eligible for benefits. However, it hasn't changed with the times. If it had, the age you could draw at would be somewhere around 80.

fuzzykitten99 said:
my sister whos 17, makes me feel old--- she just went to her junior prom on saturday, and is enrolling for her classes to graduate next year...i feel like mine was just yesterday...but it was actually 8 YEARS AGO! ARGH! I'm not even 25 yet!...just kill me now.

quit whinig--you could easily be my daughter---now THAT would really give ya something to bitch about !! :cof:

Forum List

Back