Adolf Hitler was a Devout Christian doing the Lord's Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Some people say Adolf Hitler was an atheist. They blame atheism for Hitler's philosophy and actions. But the historical record shows that Hitler believed in God and was convinced he was carrying out God's will.

Hitler was raised in a Catholic family. He went to Catholic schools and served as an altar boy in the Catholic Church. Growing up in this environment, he surely learned something of the centuries of discrimination and persecution the Church had supported against Jews in Europe.

Former Jesuit theologian Peter de Rosa describes the groundwork Catholic theology laid for Hitler and the Nazis: "[Catholicism’s] disastrous theology had prepared the way for Hitler and his ‘final solution.’ [The Church published] over a hundred anti-Semitic documents. Not one conciliar decree, not one papal encyclical, bull, or pastoral directive suggest that Jesus’ command, ‘love your neighbor as yourself,' applied to Jews."

Not surprisingly, then, Hitler wrote in his book, Mein Kampf: ". . . I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work." He made essentially the same claim in a speech before the Reichstag in 1938.

Hitler considered himself a Catholic until the day he died. In 1941 he told Gerhard Engel, one of his generals: "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so." In fact, Hitler was never excommunicated from the Catholic Church, and Mein Kampf was not placed on the Church's Index of Forbidden Books.

As for atheism, Hitler specifically opposed it in a 1933 speech in Berlin: "We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out."

Hitler's biographer John Toland explains Catholicism's influence on the Holocaust. He says of Hitler: "Still a member in good standing of the Church of Rome despite detestation of its hierarchy, he carried within him its teaching that the Jew was the killer of god. The extermination, therefore, could be done without a twinge of conscience since he was merely acting as the avenging hand of god. . .."

Even after World War II, Catholic assistance to the Nazis continued. The Vatican aided the escape of more Nazis than any other governmental or private entity. Christopher Hitchens adds: "It was the Vatican itself, with its ability to provide passports, documents, money, and contacts, which organized the escape network and also the necessary shelter and succor at the other end."

The Protestant influence on Nazi Germany was no better. Hitler is said to have greatly admired the German founder of Protestantism, Martin Luther. Among Luther's many denunciations of the Jews, there are such religious sentiments as: "The Jews deserve to be hanged on gallows seven times higher than ordinary thieves," and "We ought to take revenge on the Jews and kill them."

When Hitler was asked in 1933 what he planned to do about the Jews, he said he would do what Christians had been preaching for centuries. And the Nazis carried out their first large-scale pogrom of Jews in honor of Luther's birthday.

Christians constituted a wellspring of support for Hitler. Steve Allen notes that Nazi Germany in the 1930s "was the most church-affiliated nation in Europe. The German people were almost entirely Catholic and Lutheran. Despite such factors they launched the Holocaust and World War II." Charles Kimball likewise says the Holocaust "would not have happened without the active participation of, sympathetic support of, and relative indifference exhibited by large numbers of Christians."

Hitler's Christianity

Bush also professes to be a Christian and that he was doing gods work bombing the hell out of Afghanistan and Iraq..the reality is they are both occultist..the Bush ties to the nazi death cults is well documented..with prescot bush support of the nazis..and his sons involvement in skull and bones and the bohemian grove..

As the article said, Germany was the most Christian of all Europen nations before WWII

Hitler himself declaired that he was doing the "Lord's Work".

How do we know that he wasn't?

NWO-Nazi Occult Aryan Worship

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZzIYCb41Ug[/ame]

Bush Nazi Connection
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wazjA_ZVSXw]YouTube - Bush Nazi Connection[/ame]

The Order of Skull & Bones, Nazi & Bohemian Grove

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZhDPHbDnHg]YouTube - The Order of Skull & Bones, Nazi & Bohemian Grove[/ame]

Last edited:
A popular image of the Nazis is that they were fundamentally anti-Christian while devout Christians were anti-Nazi. The truth is that German Christians supported the Nazis because they believed that Adolf Hitler was a gift to the German people from God. German Christianity was a divinely sanctioned religious movement which combined Christian doctrine and German character in a unique and desirable manner: True Christianity was German and True German-ness was Christian.

It is widely recognized that Protestants were more attracted to Nazism than Catholics. This wasn’t true everywhere in Germany, but we can’t ignore the fact that Protestants, not Catholics, produced a movement (German Christians) dedicated to blending Nazi ideology and Christian doctrine. Protestant women were especially attracted to Nazism because of its cultural conservatism and promotion of traditional female social roles. Nazism was non-denominational, but Protestants favored it.

It is widely recognized that Protestants were more attracted to Nazism than Catholics. This wasn’t true everywhere in Germany, but we can’t ignore the fact that Protestants, not Catholics, produced a movement (German Christians) dedicated to blending Nazi ideology and Christian doctrine. Protestant women were especially attracted to Nazism because of its cultural conservatism and promotion of traditional female social roles. Nazism was non-denominational, but Protestants favored it.

Adolf Hitler: Many people pretend he wasn't a Christian. - The Skeptic Tank

Not one conciliar decree, not one papal encyclical, bull, or pastoral directive suggest that Jesus’ command, ‘love your neighbor as yourself,' applied to Jews."
This quite honestly might be the stupidest thing I've ever read. Jesus was a Jew you freaking ass. Hello?

But let us take this logic further. Nowhere in the bible is Islam mentioned, so Jesus certainly wasn't talking about muslims when he said "love thy neighbor." Therefore we can assume we need not love muslims and are free to vaporize them at will.

Yes, Hitler was a Christian that perverted his religion just like many muslims do currently. Blaming Jews for all the woes in the world was socially acceptable at the time but that doesn't make it RIGHT any more than pedophilia being socially acceptable among muslims doesn't mean Mohammed was RIGHT in being a pedophile.

This quite honestly might be the stupidest thing I've ever read. Jesus was a Jew you freaking ass. Hello?

But let us take this logic further. Nowhere in the bible is Islam mentioned, so Jesus certainly wasn't talking about muslims when he said "love thy neighbor." Therefore we can assume we need not love muslims and are free to vaporize them at will.

Yes, Hitler was a Christian that perverted his religion just like many muslims do currently. Blaming Jews for all the woes in the world was socially acceptable at the time but that doesn't make it RIGHT any more than pedophilia being socially acceptable among muslims doesn't mean Mohammed was RIGHT in being a pedophile.

Were the Catholic priests right about it?

Ravi, you are a closet lapsed Catholic bigot. Shame on you! I will ask all pit bulls to pray for/prey on you.

Of course not. You mistake me for a bible thumper, missy. IMO all religions suck, some just suck more.

They all suck equally, even your beloved Catholic Church.

Last edited:
They all suck equally, even your beloved Catholic Church.
No, the muslims suck the most, then the Christian fundies, then the Catholics. I kind of like the Jewish religion though as they seem the most tolerant. Atheists are the worst.:lol:

Therefore assume you need not love atheists either and are free to vaporize them at will.

Yes, Hitler was a Christian that perverted his religion just like many muslims do currently. Blaming Jews for all the woes in the world was socially acceptable at the time but that doesn't make it RIGHT
Why are you jumping on me? I didn't write the piece nor was I attacking the Jews.

The OP was just covering a part of history that many people are not aware of, that Hitler was a self described Chrisstian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back