Administration Will Cut Border Patrol Deployed on U.S-Mexico Border

Intense

Aug 2, 2009
Obama Is His Own Worst Enemy. Unbelievable.

(CNSNews.com) - Even though the Border Patrol now reports that almost 1,300 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border is not under effective control, and the Department of Justice says that vast stretches of the border are “easily breached,” and the Government Accountability Office has revealed that three persons “linked to terrorism” and 530 aliens from “special interest countries” were intercepted at Border Patrol checkpoints last year, the administration is nonetheless now planning to decrease the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Border Patrol Director of Media Relations Lloyd Easterling confirmed this week--as I first reported in my column yesterday--that his agency is planning for a net decrease of 384 agents on the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal 2010, which begins on October 1.

A Department of Homeland Security annual performance review updated by the Obama administration on May 7 said the Border Patrol “plans to move several hundred Agents from the Southwest Border to the Northern Border to meet the FY 2010 staffing requirements, with only a small increase in new agents for the Southwest Border in the same year.”

Easterling said on Tuesday that in fiscal 2009, 17,399 Border Patrol agents have been deployed on the U.S.-Mexico border. In fiscal year 2010, the Border Patrol plans to decrease that by 384 agents, leaving 17,015 deployed along the Mexican frontier. At the same time, the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Canada border will be increased by 414, from a fiscal 2009 total of 1,798 agents to a fiscal 2010 total of 2,212.

The Border Patrol is responsible for securing a total of 8,607 miles of border, including the U.S.-Mexico border, the U.S.-Canada border from Washington state to Maine, and sectors of coastline in the Gulf of Mexico, Florida, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Each year, the Border Patrol sets a goal for “border miles under effective control (including certain coastal sectors).” “Effective control,” as defined by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, means that when the Border Patrol detects an illegal border crosser in a particular area of the border the agency can be expected to succeed in apprehending that person.

CNSNews.com - Administration Will Cut Border Patrol Deployed on U.S-Mexico Border

That money is needed for the organization formerly known as ACORN .......

Why doesn't the US just annex Mexico and be done with it. They are all going to end up over here anyway. They are like cockroaches... Bring one into the house by accident and then you just can't get rid of the fucking things.

"(CNSNews.com) - Even though the Border Patrol now reports that almost 1,300 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border is not under effective control, and the Department of Justice says that vast stretches of the border are “easily breached,” and the Government Accountability Office has revealed that three persons “linked to terrorism” and 530 aliens from “special interest countries” were intercepted at Border Patrol checkpoints last year, the administration is nonetheless now planning to decrease the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Mexico border."

Well it's not like the FBI has uncovered any terrorist plots or anything recently. What could possibly be the harm in decreasing security? Obama's lack of experience is a wonder to behold.

It's like Obama wants to destabilize The US and put Us more at risk. It's like He wants Us to get Hit.

In fiscal year 2010, the Border Patrol plans to decrease that by 384 agents, leaving 17,015 deployed along the Mexican frontier. At the same time, the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Canada border will be increased by 414, from a fiscal 2009 total of 1,798 agents to a fiscal 2010 total of 2,212.

Canadian / US border: 5,525 miles, 2212 agents, or 1 agent for every ~2 1/2 miles of border.

Mexican / US border: 1,969 miles, 17105 agents, or 1 agent for every ~0.12 mile of border.

Hmmm. If I were a terrorist wanting to enter this country, which border would I attempt to cross?

Decisions, decisions....

PBS - frontline: trail of a terrorist: crossing borders: how terrorists use fake passports, visas & other identity documents

When Ahmed Ressam was caught at the Canadian-U.S. border, he was using a false Canadian passport with the alias Benni Noris. He was carrying fake identification with another alias. And investigators soon discovered he had entered Canada using yet another fake passport, from France. He had also manipulated Canada's asylum system by applying for political asylum at the border, knowing that the Canadian authorities would refer his case to another agency and let him stay in Canada while he waited for his asylum hearing.

http://www.hsaj.org/pages/supplement/issue1/pdfs/supplement.1.2.pdf

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d07884t.pdf

U.S. gets tough on Canadian border (page 2) - Los Angeles Times

Last edited:
I have only a few comments on this one, the Govt. will cut these agents up and until a person or person(s) that have entered into this country illegally have committed an act of terrorism causing the deaths of even more Americans. I find it amazing that some of the 9-11 terrorists came across the Canadian border legally and we all know the results of lax attitudes and looking the other way when it comes to that right? Well here we are just making it easier is all, well that is until it makes the evening new(s) and the Administration announces they will increase border protection as a result of the terrorist action in (fill in the blank ). To all those future families who will have to endure the suffering that many many American families have had to go through as a result of our lax vigilance and trading safety for political points you have have my deepest sympathies and hopes that this issue will be corrected before you have to suffer that fate.

In fiscal year 2010, the Border Patrol plans to decrease that by 384 agents, leaving 17,015 deployed along the Mexican frontier. At the same time, the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Canada border will be increased by 414, from a fiscal 2009 total of 1,798 agents to a fiscal 2010 total of 2,212.

Canadian / US border: 5,525 miles, 2212 agents, or 1 agent for every ~2 1/2 miles of border.

Mexican / US border: 1,969 miles, 17105 agents, or 1 agent for every ~0.12 mile of border.

Hmmm. If I were a terrorist wanting to enter this country, which border would I attempt to cross?

Decisions, decisions....

PBS - frontline: trail of a terrorist: crossing borders: how terrorists use fake passports, visas & other identity documents

When Ahmed Ressam was caught at the Canadian-U.S. border, he was using a false Canadian passport with the alias Benni Noris. He was carrying fake identification with another alias. And investigators soon discovered he had entered Canada using yet another fake passport, from France. He had also manipulated Canada's asylum system by applying for political asylum at the border, knowing that the Canadian authorities would refer his case to another agency and let him stay in Canada while he waited for his asylum hearing.

We need more boots on the ground Emma, nothing Less. No Excuses.

Decisions, decisions....

Seems to be a bit of overkill on the Southern border, however, considering what they are charged with guarding. One for every 10th of a mile? Good Lord. That's a freakin' human fence.

Decisions, decisions....

Seems to be a bit of overkill on the Southern border, however, considering what they are charged with guarding. One for every 10th of a mile? Good Lord. That's a freakin' human fence.

The difference is that almost all the illegal aliens coming into this country are approaching from the south, not the north.

Decisions, decisions....

Doh.

The difference is that almost all the illegal aliens coming into this country are approaching from the south, not the north.

The issue I'm bringing up is that of security against those who want to harm us.

I also think Emma was making the point that if you're going to sneak in, you're going to do it through that wide-open northern border.

The issue I'm bringing up is that of security against those who want to harm us.

You don't think the millions of illegal aliens in this country aren't already harming us?
Harm may not be their intent, but is a result.

You don't think the millions of illegal aliens in this country aren't already harming us?
Harm may not be their intent, but is a result.
:lol:

Now why did I know you were going to say that..

I'm more concerned with those whose INTENT is on harming us.

I also think Emma was making the point that if you're going to sneak in, you're going to do it through that wide-open northern border.

Lets Get more border Agents. Why relocate those who's experience is valuable where they are? Why did Bush deny Border Security? Why does Obama Now?

Decisions, decisions....

Your math is very misleading.

You have to figure in that the agents work shifts, days, nights, afternoons. So while one shift is working, the other two shifts are off duty.

Plus there is the couple of days off per week like any other job.

Then you have to factor in administrative personal, trainers, and other staff.

Forum List

Back