Adam and Eve could not love God or each other before eating of the Tree of Knowledge.

Jan 12, 2012
Adam and Eve could not love God or each other before eating of the Tree of Knowledge.

The Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil is the tree of love. Would you abstain from eating of it and lose the ability to Love?

Adam and Eve, mythical representatives of you and I, could not love without eating of the tree of knowledge. It holds the knowledge of love as love has good and evil components.

Love, as we all know is quite good. Like most concepts though, it has some evil to it as well as the good. Adam and Eve were thus ignorant of what love was because it has good and evil aspects. Unfortunately, part of being in ignorant bliss of evil, is having to suffer not knowing the beauty of love.

You may have noted that God gets angry when his commands are broken. Genesis 3 is clear in this. God did not get angry at A & E in Genesis 1 where they ignored his command to reproduce because God knew that for man, it is desirable to have love as a prerequisite to sex. God forgave this first disobedience because Adam and Eve were still innocent and did not know they were naked. God thus takes sex out of the lower animal dimension and elevates it in our minds for social reasons.

Wanting Adam and Eve to know love, God drew Satan to Eden to minister to his needs and make sure that Eve ate of the Tree of knowledge/love. She did as bid and the rest as they say is mythical biblical history.

If God attaches sex and love and knows that knowledge of good and evil are required to find or recognize love, then to think that he would want to deny mankind the knowledge of love, with it’s good and evil components, is ridiculous. Sex and reproduction would also fly out the window.

So why do you Christians think God would deny you love, though Adam and Eve that is?

Christians say that Eden was a fall for man yet God said we became as Gods. I see it as being able to love, --- at last.
My bible tells me to emulate God just as yours does yet Christians find fault in becoming as Gods.

Are Christians afraid to love? Is that why they have made an idol of the word and call their God --- Love?

If in Eden, and knowing as you do now, that to know love you have to disobey God, and have to know good and evil, --- would you disobey and eat of the tree of knowledge/love, --- knowing that you could not love if you did not?

Regards
DL

The Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil is the tree of love. Would you abstain from eating of it and lose the ability to Love?

Adam and Eve, mythical representatives of you and I, could not love without eating of the tree of knowledge. It holds the knowledge of love as love has good and evil components.

Love, as we all know is quite good. Like most concepts though, it has some evil to it as well as the good. Adam and Eve were thus ignorant of what love was because it has good and evil aspects. Unfortunately, part of being in ignorant bliss of evil, is having to suffer not knowing the beauty of love.

You may have noted that God gets angry when his commands are broken. Genesis 3 is clear in this. God did not get angry at A & E in Genesis 1 where they ignored his command to reproduce because God knew that for man, it is desirable to have love as a prerequisite to sex. God forgave this first disobedience because Adam and Eve were still innocent and did not know they were naked. God thus takes sex out of the lower animal dimension and elevates it in our minds for social reasons.

Wanting Adam and Eve to know love, God drew Satan to Eden to minister to his needs and make sure that Eve ate of the Tree of knowledge/love. She did as bid and the rest as they say is mythical biblical history.

If God attaches sex and love and knows that knowledge of good and evil are required to find or recognize love, then to think that he would want to deny mankind the knowledge of love, with it’s good and evil components, is ridiculous. Sex and reproduction would also fly out the window.

So why do you Christians think God would deny you love, though Adam and Eve that is?

Christians say that Eden was a fall for man yet God said we became as Gods. I see it as being able to love, --- at last.
My bible tells me to emulate God just as yours does yet Christians find fault in becoming as Gods.

Are Christians afraid to love? Is that why they have made an idol of the word and call their God --- Love?

If in Eden, and knowing as you do now, that to know love you have to disobey God, and have to know good and evil, --- would you disobey and eat of the tree of knowledge/love, --- knowing that you could not love if you did not?

Regards
DL

Maybe human's are fucked up because of incest. First A&E's kids had to fuck each other then Noah's kids had to fuck each other. I saw a show last night that said from space our footprint is covering something like 80% of the land mass and our carbon footprint is polluting more sufur or co2 than all the volcano's on earth combined. Meanwhile we still have idiots who believe in god but not global warming.

Adam was so bat s**t crazy in love with Eve, that before He ate the apple he knew that he would be giving up his title of Dominion Over All, food that grew without work, the most prime piece of real estate in the world, a lack of disease, his children's inheritance, a trouble free, worry free, toil free lifestyle and immunity from death. He literally signed his own death sentence to keep from being separated from his love. And he knew it and he ate, to stay with her.

We should all be lucky enough to realize that depth of love. He got it from His Father, who still loves us no matter what.

Last edited:
I don't believe that things are that complicated.
Thanks for sharing, though. :thup:

Complicated. I do not see anything but simple truth in the facts that I gave.

I do appreciate though that unless one has thought about such things, it could be difficult to grasp right off the bat.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Maybe human's are fucked up because of incest. First A&E's kids had to fuck each other then Noah's kids had to fuck each other. I saw a show last night that said from space our footprint is covering something like 80% of the land mass and our carbon footprint is polluting more sufur or co2 than all the volcano's on earth combined. Meanwhile we still have idiots who believe in god but not global warming.

Thanks, but you forgot to speak to the issue of the O.P.

Regards
DL

Adam was so bat s**t crazy in love with Eve, that before He ate the apple he knew that he would be giving up his title of Dominion Over All, food that grew without work, the most prime piece of real estate in the world, a lack of disease, his children's inheritance, a trouble free, worry free, toil free lifestyle and immunity from death. He literally signed his own death sentence to keep from being separated from his love. And he knew it and he ate, to stay with her.

We should all be lucky enough to realize that depth of love. He got it from His Father, who still loves us no matter what.

Yes indeed. Loves us so much that the vast majority of us he has condemned to hell.

You know as little of love as you do of God.

Regards
DL

I don't believe that things are that complicated.
Thanks for sharing, though. :thup:

Complicated. I do not see anything but simple truth in the facts that I gave.

I do appreciate though that unless one has thought about such things, it could be difficult to grasp right off the bat.

Regards
DL

I have contemplated such things. I've also simplified them. It works for me, but may not for others.

It's so darn hot here that Lake Erie is starting to thaw.

God's plan -- Garden. Man's plan-- sin and death. God's plan -- Redemption.

Sure. But he has to condemn before redemption.

Typical cheery picking lying Christian.

Regards
DL
Well, at least I'm cheery about it. ;)

No He doesn't have to condemn before mercy. Judges condemn. Because of Christ's work on the cross, therefore NOW, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. The Judge is free to return to the merciful Father we started out with.

Before the Law was given, God not only forgave on the spot while the sin was being committed, but he provided what ever provision was necessary. Then He provided a temporary covering for those under the law. Then He gave us Christ to cover our sins permanently, for all those who seek it.
He couldn't be more magnanimous to people that don't deserve it. :eusa_angel:

Romans 8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Last edited:
It's so darn hot here that Lake Erie is starting to thaw.

God's plan -- Garden. Man's plan-- sin and death. God's plan -- Redemption.

Sure. But he has to condemn before redemption.

Typical cheery picking lying Christian.

Regards
DL
Well, at least I'm cheery about it. ;)

No He doesn't have to condemn before mercy. Judges condemn. Because of Christ's work on the cross, therefore NOW, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. The Judge is free to return to the merciful Father we started out with.

Before the Law was given, God not only forgave on the spot while the sin was being committed, but he provided what ever provision was necessary. Then He provided a temporary covering for those under the law. Then He gave us Christ to cover our sins permanently, for all those who seek it.
He couldn't be more magnanimous to people that don't deserve it. :eusa_angel:

Romans 8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Quite disgusting.

How will you get yourself into heaven? On your own merit or via a scapegoat?

Revisit substitutionary atonement or vicarious redemption and scapegoating with me just to refresh your memory.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtBkOXItqw]Christ is Back in Christmas! - YouTube[/ame]

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty. Scapegoating IOW.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning as we all know that it is immoral to kill the innocent. God knows this yet Christians do not seem to. You do. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a son just to prove it's benevolence. When you die, Satan will ask you; how was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

If and when you say yes, you become his.

-----------------------------------

The other option in scriptures, a moral one, is shown here. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Scriptures indicate that God prefers repentance to sacrifice and as God’s will is supreme and cannot be thwarted, this will come to pass.

---------------------------------

It is a special distorted Christian view of love that sees, --- as the greatest act of love possible, --- their God condemning them, and then turning and demanding his son’s deaths and thus corrupting God's perfect justice. A bribe set by God as judge himself for himself. This is of course ridiculous.

Christians have an insane view of love, IMO.

Would you express your love for humanity or those you love by having your own child needlessly murdered?

Or if convinced that a sacrifice was somehow good, would you have the moral fortitude to step up yourself to that cross instead of sending your child?

Your cowardly God did not.

Regards
DL

purpose of scapegoat:
When the Temple still stood, it was on this day - the only day - that the High Priest was able to enter the Holy of Holies, and then only after elaborate ceremonial washings, offerings, and associated rituals. This was also the day that two goats were selected. One goat was killed as an offering to atone for sins, and one, the "scapegoat," had the nation's sins ceremonially placed on it and was sent into the wilderness in order to remove those sins far away from the people. Christians literally and once and for all laid our sins on Christ. So yes. And how is the old, "I can get there on my own merit going for ya? Still sin free, I hope!

For the millionth time: Christ volunteered, not by force, but out of love. His IS Emanuel. God with us.
John 10:18 No one takes it from me, I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. ... the authority to give my life, and I have the authority to take my life back again.

And I know exactly what to say if Satan dares try to tear me from my Father's hand:
neener neener neener.
Then I'll dance in front of the weak one and sing this song>>>>>Can't touch this! :)

I do my fathers will and not my own. Jesus' own words

Stop lying to us. It gives the impression that all Christians are liars.

By the way, from a moral standpoint, it does not matter if he was sent or volunteered.

You are volunteering to accept the punishment of the innocent as good justice and that is quite immoral.

You seem no more moral than your genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

Regards
DL

See there's the thing. If it didn't matter, you'd be able to continue to accuse God of murder. But it does. Forced or sent means it wasn't Christ's will to redeem us. It was.

So, have you ever told a lie? Ever take or keep something that wasn't yours? Ever lose your temper? Ever whine? Ever fail to love your neighbor? And you credit your father for this less than moral conduct?

And yes, I accept the gift that Christ offers me. With thanks giving, because I know that no matter how well you may think your doing:

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

There is only one way to the Father according to the volunteer:

John 14:6 - Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

Last edited:
Ram

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

Would Jesus go against the bible and it's morals?

Who is more likely to ask that you embrace human sacrifice and the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty? Satan or God?

You follow Satan as he is the one who would follow such immoral tenets.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

If we interpret the Garden of Eden narrative literally God is no longer suitable for worship because He staged that entire sequence of events as a way to justify subjugating women. If God didn't intend Eve to disobey and eat the forbidden fruit why put a forbidden fruit in the Garden in the first place? If the serpent was somehow anti-God also disobediant to Him, why was it there at all?

The Eden story is the required logical beginning to the a book attemptingto explain Big Questions and establish a kind of threat-reward system for people to follow. 'Better obey or this might happen...' as recurs throughout it's texts.

Eden did not literally occur, or to be fair, the chance of it being a real event is zero plus 1 subatomic particle in an entire universe representing the fraction. :)

Regards

DL

That really is bizarre - that people believe in an invisible sky fairy but don't believe in science.

Especially since not acting on climate change is killing the planet they say they believe the invisible sky fairy created.

IOW, they hate their god so much, they are willing to destroy what he made.

Pretty freaky.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Regards
DL

If we interpret the Garden of Eden narrative literally God is no longer suitable for worship because He staged that entire sequence of events as a way to justify subjugating women. If God didn't intend Eve to disobey and eat the forbidden fruit why put a forbidden fruit in the Garden in the first place? If the serpent was somehow anti-God also disobediant to Him, why was it there at all?

The Eden story is the required logical beginning to the a book attemptingto explain Big Questions and establish a kind of threat-reward system for people to follow. 'Better obey or this might happen...' as recurs throughout it's texts.

Eden did not literally occur, or to be fair, the chance of it being a real event is zero plus 1 subatomic particle in an entire universe representing the fraction. :)

Adam is subjugated to Eve as the breadwinner.

Forum List

Back