Ad casts McCain as strong, patriotic leader

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Gunny, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,776
    :wtf:

You seem okay with getting cozy with Marxist wannabe leaders and psycho, divisive preachers ...

Oh, but I forgot ... those are conspiracy theories, right?:cuckoo:

Then address it realistically, and the impact on the economy you are so worried about McCain not knowing anything about.

As if Obama does ....

2. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754
    Semantics.

3. CrimsonWhite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754
    This says that you would have a hard time seeing McCain as patriotic or strong.

So basically your one issue is the only thing that matters. I get it know.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,776
    Rubbish. He's selling himself as strong and patriotic based on his politics, and using his military service and time as a POW to reinforce it.

But it IS all about semantics since it IS about political idealism which IS what the Presidential election is all about which IS relative to one's position on the political spectrum.

By literal definition I'm not saying McCain is not a patriot. I don't consider his views on illegal immigration patriotic in regard to what is best for this nation.

But it isn't about a single issue. I believe he said the economy is find and his solution is to watch it? he must not pay his own bills.

Oh, and everything's fine Iraq. No specifics.

"Strong" is about semantics as well. One could not be a POW for as long as he was, where he was and not be a strong person internally. That does not in any way equate to a strong leader. And if there's one thing I have PLENTY of personal experience with, it's stong, lukewarm and weak leaders.

Who exactly is he going to lead where? He thinks he's going to get bipartisan support from the Dems in Congress? Like Bush did? First time he says no that honeymoon'll be over just like it was with Bush.

he needs to sell himself as what he is ... the candidate the media chose for the GOP.

5. nibor

nibor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR AMNESTY......................have you folks never heard of AZTLAN.....................SOMEBODY better wake the fuck up.........you seem to be babbling over moot, TREATY SIGNED POINTS!!!!!! :eusa_drool: :eusa_think:

Is it only a matter that the SHIT HOLE TRAITORS WHOM WE CALL LEADERS HAVE FORGOTTEN TO TELL US?????:eusa_drool: :eusa_think:

Is that why they're ALL SITTING AROUND WITH THEIR THUMBS UP THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES??????:rolleyes:

Was the movie Red Dawn actually a FUTURE CAST???????

http://www.limitstogrowth.org/WEB-text/aztlan.html

http://www.americanpatrol.com/RECONQUISTA/aztlanwarmap.html

http://tommywonk.blogspot.com/2006/05/can-you-find-aztlan-on-map.html

Patriotism you say.......DEFINE IT and is it now actually spelled SUBVERSION?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

6. CrimsonWhite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754
    Last time I checked, the media doesn't vote.

7. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Not to be rude, but the media is run by people, and people vote.

8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,328
    Now, that's a rather silly rebuttal, don't you think?

The media is where most people figure out who they're going to vote for. The media doesn't need to physically select the candidate for us, they psychologically select candidates by shaping your opinions for you.

I'm sure most of us on here do a little better, and at least check into other sources for information. But the majority of Americans are politically influenced ENTIRELY by the MSM.

I know you're trying really hard to find a way to accept what's been given to you by the GOP, but why try? You don't have to just find a way to be ok with yourself inside for voting for McCain. You can go out and lobby your community and beyond, and while we still have so much time left until the election, and the convention even, you can do your part in getting the masses to say NO.

I think you know deep down inside that McCain doesn't represent you at all as a conservative. There are plenty of others like you, myself and Gunny included. You don't have to have the if you can't beat em, join em mentality. You don't just have to cast your vote. Please don't cast your vote just to beat the other party, either. That gets this country nowhere. We're given 2 candidates to choose from, and either one is always going to be a benefit to the establishment, because the establishment knows we vote only to "win", so that way, they get their way no matter what the outcome.

There's better choices, onthefence. You know it, too.

9. CrimsonWhite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754
    Exactly. People vote. In the end a person goes to the poll. Media is only one factor that people take into account when voting.

10. CrimsonWhite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,754
    You assume that I was given McCain. I supported McCain in 2000. support him now. I have had the rare chance to sit down and speak person to person with him and I was blown away. He s a leader and encapsulates everything That I consider a conservative to be. I believe in the GOP of Goldwater. McCain is a Goldwater conservative. Remember that Goldwater said, "One day the members of my own party will consider me to be liberal." McCain is the right choice, the only choice, and has been since 2000.

Oh and deep down, I think you know that Limbaugh and Hannity are full of shit.