Actor’s homophobia made her commercially toxic, tribunal told

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I really dont understand why she is suing the theatre. I do suspect that some fundie group is financing this.

Tommys view -- She should take her backward beliefs and fuck off back under a rock.

Too bad Britain doesn't have Freedom of Speech.

Oh, wait,

that only works if you are a minority.
Ms Omooba may consider herself to be part of a minority but that is irrelevant in this instance.

She was hired to play a lesbian character and refused to do so. That leaves the theatre with a big problem.

They should sue her for wasting their time and money.

Oh, wait,

Ms Omooba may consider herself to be part of a minority but that is irrelevant in this instance.

She was hired to play a lesbian character and refused to do so. That leaves the theatre with a big problem.

Ms Omooba may consider herself to be part of a minority

In your mind, straight people are the minority?

Oh, wait,

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean there aren’t repercussions for what you say. And last I checked, the theatre group isn’t the government. Personally I wouldn’t want to work with a hate filled pos.

you also give up some of your freedom of speech when your words reflect on your employer.

funny how trumpkins only care about free speech when it’s filled with hate. I don’t recall the radical right defending The Dixie Chicks.

whiny angry white males are pathetic

Last edited:

Oh, wait,

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean there aren’t repercussions for what you say. And last I checked, the theatre group isn’t the government. Personally I wouldn’t want to work with a hate filled pos

`

Doesn't negate the FACT that does not have freedom of speech. You leftist would love for that TO BE TRUE HERE TOO.

Oh, wait,

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean there aren’t repercussions for what you say. And last I checked, the theatre group isn’t the government. Personally I wouldn’t want to work with a hate filled pos

Personally I wouldn’t want to work with a hate filled pos

Most people wouldn't.

Explains why you work from home, doesn't it?

Oh, wait,

It's not a matter of Freedom of Speech. It's a matter of lack of professionalism.

She was hired to play a gay character. She said she didn't read the script and didn't realize the character was supposed to be gay. (You'd think that would be the first thing you'd do as an actor or actress, but never mind.) She then complained about her job on social media, which will probably get you fired in any profession.

Oh, wait,

It's not a matter of Freedom of Speech. It's a matter of lack of professionalism.

She was hired to play a gay character. She said she didn't read the script and didn't realize the character was supposed to be gay. (You'd think that would be the first thing you'd do as an actor or actress, but never mind.) She then complained about her job on social media, which will probably get you fired in any profession.
Which has nothing to do with the statement that Britain DOES NOT HVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Oh, wait,

Ms Omooba may consider herself to be part of a minority

In your mind, straight people are the minority?
That makes me a minority then. Even worse I am white. A double burden to carry.

Oh, wait,

Which has nothing to do with the statement that Britain DOES NOT HVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
What has actually happened here that would not have happened in the US ? I am genuinely interested in this.

A couple of weeks ago there were reports of Capitol rioters being sacked after being identified by their employers. Surely that is a freedom of speech issue and suggests that we have similar boundaries?

Sure they do.

Oh, wait,

That's true, but the issue is that she can't find work elsewhere, which is why the word toxic was used.

Oh, wait,

What has actually happened here that would not have happened in the US ? I am genuinely interested in this.

A couple of weeks ago there were reports of Capitol rioters being sacked after being identified by their employers. Surely that is a freedom of speech issue and suggests that we have similar boundaries?

wrong your government criminalizes free speech we don't.

I really dont understand why she is suing the theatre. I do suspect that some fundie group is financing this.

Tommys view -- She should take her backward beliefs and fuck off back under a rock.
Is refusing to play the part of a fag homophobic?
It would obviously lead to operational difficulties. If the job entails acting on a stage then its probably not possible to work from home. Or maybe you have worked out a solution for actors who dont want to act ?

So to put it in perspective, supposed you were doing a production of the Diary of Ann Frank, and then you found out your lead actress was a regular poster on Stormfront and asked that Ann not be portrayed as Jewish.

Is refusing to play the part of a fag homophobic?
It would obviously lead to operational difficulties. If the job entails acting on a stage then its probably not possible to work from home. Or maybe you have worked out a solution for actors who dont want to act ?
Dumb dodge of the question. Joe B, although a certifiable lunatic, at least made a point of sorts

Forum List

Back