Actor Benedict Cumberbatch foiled an attempted robbery by fighting off a gang of muggers in London

His armor is like tenfold shields, his teeth are swords, his claws spears, the shock of his tail a thunderbolt, his wings a hurricane, and his breath death!

I liked Cumberbatch best in the movie, Parade's End. He was also very good in, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. He precisely reflects the British essence in the characters he portrays which makes him a really good actor.

He is playing lead in the current tv series, Patrick Melrose, which I do watch but find to be more offensive than interesting -- although his performance in the title role is about as good as can be expected.

I won't watch Cumberbatch in the current tv version of Sherlock Holmes (nor would I watch Robert Downey's version) because the original Sherlock Holmes black&whites with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce are among my favorite movies of all time. And those classic characters, along with every peripheral aspect of the films, from the supporting casts, the sets, the analog audio and antique special effects, are irreplaceable.

Last edited:
I liked Cumberbatch best in the movie, Parade's End. He was also very good in, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. He precisely reflects the British essence in the characters he portrays which makes him a really good actor.

He is playing lead in the current tv series, Patrick Melrose, which I do watch but find to be more offensive than interesting -- although his performance in the title role is about as good as can be expected.

I won't watch Cumberbatch in the current tv version of Sherlock Holmes (nor would I watch Robert Downey's version) because the original Sherlock Holmes black&whites with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce are among my favorite movies of all time. And those classic characters, along with every peripheral aspect of the films, from the supporting casts, the sets, the analog audio and antique special effects, are irreplaceable.
Cumberbatch does an excellent job as Holmes with Bilbo...... errrrrr, Martin Freeman as Watson and I was a Rathbone fan from the first time I saw him do Holmes.

Forum List

Back