"Active Shooter" video game lets you be school shooter

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Good lord, how sick is this shit ?!

Valve Criticized Over ‘Appalling’ School Shooting Game on Steam

One week after a student shot and killed 10 people in Santa Fe, Texas, digital video game storefront Steam and publisher Valve are being criticized for an upcoming game that lets the player kill civilians and cops in a school environment.

Active Shooter” comes out June 6 and calls itself a “dynamic S.W.A.T. simulator” where the player can be either a S.W.A.T. team member or the shooter. Developer Revived Games also plans to release a civilian survival mode where the player takes on the role of a civilian during a shooting.

A disclaimer on the game’s Steam page reads: “Please do not take any of this seriously. This is only meant to be the simulation and nothing else. If you feel like hurting someone or people around you, please seek help from local psychiatrists or dial 911 (or applicable). Thank you.”

Terrible idea for a game!

But I bet it would be a lot of fun!

Terrible idea!

I'm not looking at banning it, I'm looking for people who would never design something like this in the first place, and people who would never purchase this kind of sick crap.

You know, this is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. What would be the reaction if a kid bought the game, played it as a shooter repeatedly to try to figure out the best way to do a shooting, and used it as a simulator for the real thing? I think that they should be held liable if something like that happened.

Yeah.................I like violence in my movies and games just like the next fella, but something like this pushes boundaries in a very bad way.

You know, this is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. What would be the reaction if a kid bought the game, played it as a shooter repeatedly to try to figure out the best way to do a shooting, and used it as a simulator for the real thing? I think that they should be held liable if something like that happened.

Yeah.................I like violence in my movies and games just like the next fella, but something like this pushes boundaries in a very bad way.

And imagine if a kid had this game on his phone, and played it at school.

If you are able to play the game from the murderer's perspective, then to me, that only glamorizes such a horror. In my opinion, anyone who actually buys this game will only be incriminating themselves which is what the game makers are already doing with themselves by creating such a product.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If you are able to play the game from the murderer's perspective, then to me, that only glamorizes such a horror. In my opinion, anyone who actually buys this game will only be incriminating themselves which is what the game makers are already doing with themselves by creating such a product.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's further desensitizes kids to this kind of violence.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

We have lots of things that desensitizes some people to (this kind) of violence. I'm not saying it's right. But it is a price we pay for living in a free society. Every see any of the Saw movies?

One week after a student shot and killed 10 people in Santa Fe, Texas, digital video game storefront Steam and publisher Valve are being criticized for an upcoming game that lets the player kill civilians and cops in a school environment.

Active Shooter” comes out June 6 and calls itself a “dynamic S.W.A.T. simulator” where the player can be either a S.W.A.T. team member or the shooter. Developer Revived Games also plans to release a civilian survival mode where the player takes on the role of a civilian during a shooting.

A disclaimer on the game’s Steam page reads: “Please do not take any of this seriously. This is only meant to be the simulation and nothing else. If you feel like hurting someone or people around you, please seek help from local psychiatrists or dial 911 (or applicable). Thank you.”

Soros probably funded it

God bless you always!!!

Holly

We have lots of things that desensitizes some people to (this kind) of violence. I'm not saying it's right. But it is a price we pay for living in a free society. Every see any of the Saw movies?

"Now that ceaseless exposure has calloused us to the lewd and the vulgar, it is instructive to see what still seems wicked to us. What still slaps the clammy flab of our submissive consciousness hard enough to get our attention?"

Its a damn video game, people.
If this is sooooo bad, why isnt EVERY game that kills people bad? What about movies? Comic books? STEPHEN KING! :eek:
Turn off your tv if you cant handle a little black box with led lights.

They make zombie games where you can be the zombie and eat peoples brains!
giphy.gif

Okay, everyone tell me again how video games have nothing to do with mass shootings. None at all.
THIS FUCKING GAME SHOULD BE ILLEGAL AND THE PEOPLE WHO DESIGNED IT SHOULD BE ...... I won't say it.

Its a damn video game, people.
If this is sooooo bad, why isnt EVERY game that kills people bad? What about movies? Comic books? STEPHEN KING! :eek:
Turn off your tv if you cant handle a little black box with led lights.
Every game that kills people IS bad. And the movies that legitimize and romanticize violence and shootings. I've never read Stephen King. Do his characters shoot a lot of people? Christine and the folks in The Shining didn't.

Forum List

Back