ACLU files suit on Arizona law

Under this law they can ask for papers of anyone they speak to.

You are full of shit. The law says NO such thing. The contrary in fact is true, you deliberately lying asshole.

Why do you profess in your username to be concerned about truth when you are so dedicated to being such a dishonest little whore?

i dont know about the whore part....but dishonest....geezus.....

You are right. I don't know about the whore part, either. A little over the top rhetorically. But I am so fed up with her constant dishonesty, I just let it fly.

I'll retract the "whore" reference.

But truthdoesn'tmattertoheratall is glaringly dishonest.

No, he didn't. Nor did I expect him to...plus he's not my hero.

So it is your contention that because the patriot act exists it is okay for the government to take away more of our freedoms. Good for you.

Hey RETARD? The Arizona law is essentially the US Government law. I do not see ANY of you complaining about IT.
No, it isn't.

Yes it is. It mirrors federal law, I challenge you find ONE thing in SB1070 that goes above or beyond federal law.

Hey RETARD? The Arizona law is essentially the US Government law. I do not see ANY of you complaining about IT.
No, it isn't.

Yes it is. It mirrors federal law, I challenge you find ONE thing in SB1070 that goes above or beyond federal law.
It isn't a state's responsibility to enforce a federal immigration law.

So Arizona has made it illegal to be in Arizona if you aren't an American citizen or have a visa, etc. Arizona has no right to question my American citizenship or require me to have identification proving it.

When Arizona arrests all these people and puts them in jail, Arizona will be obligated to pay for the costs incurred...because they will have arrested them for breaking an Arizona law.

No, it isn't.

So Arizona has made it illegal to be in Arizona if you aren't an American citizen or have a visa, etc. Arizona has no right to question my American citizenship or require me to have identification proving it.

When Arizona arrests all these people and puts them in jail, Arizona will be obligated to pay for the costs incurred...because they will have arrested them for breaking an Arizona law.

You really are a fucking moron, aren't you? It most certainly is Arizona's responsibility to protect it's citizens and if the Federal government isn't going to take it's own law seriously then Arizona is well within it's rights to do it themselves.

Arizona has not made it illegal to be in Arizona if you're not a LEGAL resident of the United States. The Federal government did that. Arizona is just going to uphold the Federal law by giving their state law officers the authority to enforce the Federal law. IDIOT.

Arizona isn't arresting ANYONE for breaking this law, and if you'd take the time to actually know just a little bit of what you're talking about you'd know that. They are authorized with this law to turn anyone they find over to ICE and Federal immigration officials. They are not arresting anyone, they are detaining them until the federal officials decide what to do with them.

You are truly ignorant.

Rick

No, it isn't.

That's why they made it a state law...duh!

Yes the government has every right to know who is in this country or state and what their legal status is. That's the entire point of having immigrations laws.

FAIR's (The Federation for American Immigration Reform) new breakdown shows that illegal immigrants take $1.6 billion from Arizona's education system, $694.8 million from health care services, $339.7 million in law enforcement and court costs, $85.5 million in welfare costs and $155.4 million in other general costs.

The organization concedes that enforcing Arizona SB1070, the new law that allows local police to ask for immigration documents and arrest those who don’t have them, will increase the state’s incarceration costs, police training budgets and prosecution expenses -- but it says those numbers can’t yet be estimated with certainty. Also, it says, some of those costs will be offset by revenues from fines levied against businesses charged with knowingly hiring illegal immigrants, as well as from immigrants themselves who might be charged with minor crimes and fined before being deported.

FOXNews.com - Cost of Illegal Immigration Rising Rapidly in Arizona, Study Finds

We'll see. Being detained with no real reason by the government is just not kosher...but good of you to give up your pursuit of life, liberty and happiness.

Hey fuckO? Your herO Obama has not repealed The Patriot Act has he? That pretty much allows the Federal Government to detain and hold anyone for any reason whatsoever. But I guess that falls in with the it's ok that the so-called Anti-War madman Obama still has us in Iraq and Afganistan crowd. You dipshits are the biggest hypocrites. You frauds are finished. ~BH

So it is your contention that because the patriot act exists it is okay for the government to take away more of our freedoms. Good for you.

I never said anything of the sort. I understand though, you get owned so much here that all you can do is put words in other peoples mouth and make up delusional lies. ~BH

Hey fuckO? Your herO Obama has not repealed The Patriot Act has he? That pretty much allows the Federal Government to detain and hold anyone for any reason whatsoever. But I guess that falls in with the it's ok that the so-called Anti-War madman Obama still has us in Iraq and Afganistan crowd. You dipshits are the biggest hypocrites. You frauds are finished. ~BH

I never said anything of the sort. I understand though, you get owned so much here that all you can do is put words in other peoples mouth and make up delusional lies. ~BH

BH and I have exchanged words (some were a bit over the top, in fact) over our differences regarding the USA PATRIOT Act.

I support that Act.

BH has uniformly opposed it upon grounds that are quite consistent with his form of conservatism.

In fact, I have never known BH to support the PATRIOT Act.

Just goes to show you that Ravi makes shit up on the fly -- and yet she always seems oddly puzzled that people so often call bullshit on her.

You said exactly that by pointing out that this law doesn't matter because the Patriot Act exists.

You said exactly that by pointing out that this law doesn't matter because the Patriot Act exists.

You reading comprehension problems are on full display, Ravi.

Why did he bring it up then?

LOL.

Reading comprehension really isn't yer strong suit, eh? :lol:

YOU had just finished suggesting that detaining folks for "no reason" is not kosher. (Of course, the AZ immigration bill provides for no such thing, but why quibble about reality?)

BH responded to your sophomoric blather by noting liberal hypocrisy, specifically that the child-king hasn't done anything to undo the USA PATRIOT Act.

I believe both of you (in different ways) misinterpret the PATRIOT Act. But that's a debate for another day and another thread.

Why not ask BH what he meant instead of making an ass of yourself by reading shit into his question that was never actually there?

My interpretation of BH's comment might be a bit off. But it sure looks like he was suggesting that if you are "concerned" with such civil rights as not being detained without probable cause, then you OUGHT to be all riled up at the child-king for his refusal to "do something about" the PATRIOT Act.

BH and I have exchanged words (some were a bit over the top, in fact) over our differences regarding the USA PATRIOT Act.

I support that Act.

BH has uniformly opposed it upon grounds that are quite consistent with his form of conservatism.

In fact, I have never known BH to support the PATRIOT Act.

Just goes to show you that Ravi makes shit up on the fly -- and yet she always seems oddly puzzled that people so often call bullshit on her.

I appreciate that bro. I was beggining to think I was surrounded by idiots. ~BH

Actually it's called exposing your herO madman Obama's hypocrisy. Of course an intelligent guy like Liability doesn't seem to find it hard to understand what I was getting at. You on the other hand clearly do and that doesn't suprise me at all. Move along Sister. ~BH

LOL.

YOU had just finished suggesting that detaining folks for "no reason" is not kosher. (Of course, the AZ immigration bill provides for no such thing, but why quibble about reality?)

BH responded to your sophomoric blather by noting liberal hypocrisy, specifically that the child-king hasn't done anything to undo the USA PATRIOT Act.

I believe both of you (in different ways) misinterpret the PATRIOT Act. But that's a debate for another day and another thread.

Why not ask BH what he meant instead of making an ass of yourself by reading shit into his question that was never actually there?

My interpretation of BH's comment might be a bit off. But it sure looks like he was suggesting that if you are "concerned" with such civil rights as not being detained without probable cause, then you OUGHT to be all riled up at the child-king for his refusal to "do something about" the PATRIOT Act.
Obama is a schmuck for not doing away with the PA. That has nothing to do with Arizona's law.

LOL.

Obama is a schmuck for not doing away with the PA. That has nothing to do with Arizona's law.

Special Ed back in school eh? I figured so. :cuckoo: ~BH

LOL.

President Obama has done few things (damn few) intelligently. NOT gutting the PATRIOT Act is on that short list. Of course, you are on the wrong side of that issue.

And the AZ immigration bill DOES NOT actually have any significant relationship to the PATRIOT Act. That's true. But it clearly DOES have a relationship to FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS. And in moving to enforce such laws (when the fucking Federal government has abdicated its duties in that regard), Arizona has done NOTHING wrong at all. You are on the wrong side of THAT issue, naturally, as well.

LOL.

:lol: Dope. The Patriot Act has nothing to do with Arizona's law. Quite the non-sequitor on you part.

Phoenix, Arizona
Over the past month as the illegal immigration debate has heated up, one illegal immigrant as grown to certain prominence in Arizona. His name is believed to be God. God, age unknown, has no birth certificate, no valid social security number, no green card or other legal documents and was born outside of the United States. Aliases include Jesus (pronounced “hey-zeus”), Allah, and Yahweh.
While very few have claimed to have actually seen God, it is believe by many scholars, philosophers, clergy members and the theologians that God is omnipresent. It is believed that God takes up residence all over the state of Arizona in churches, mosques, and synagogues. However, the reality is God is but one of millions of illegal immigrants believed to be living in the United States.
Outside of the Arizona Capital Building, protesters were waving signs saying “GET GOD OUT OF ARIZONA!” and “HELL NO, ILLEGALS GO!”
An Arizona state senator who wished to remain nameless commented “This law was crafted with the intention of avoiding racial profiling. Its not my damn fault so many Hispanics, Latinos, and Chicanos commit minor traffic violations, give officers reasonable suspicion to investigate them, or commit crimes.”
Sarah Palin (Fox News commentator, former GOP vice presidential candidate, and GOP frontrunner for President in the 2012) speaking at an event had this to say “We don’t want those who are tired, poor huddled masses, hungry, or homeless illegals entering our country. Americans didn’t build the Statue of Liberty so America could be undermined by Mexicans.” While factual inaccurate the sentiment drew applause.
An ACLU attorney had this to say “We find it ironic that we have been trying to keep Jesus out of the government for so long but now have to come to Jesus’ defense against civil liberty violations. We remain committed to bringing forth and exposing all claims of racial profiling.”

/satire

Last edited:

:lol: Dope. The Patriot Act has nothing to do with Arizona's law. Quite the non-sequitor on you part.

Face it, You're too fucking clueless to comprehend the arguement. You can pretend that I think it has everything to do with Arizona all you like but it doesn't take away the fact that you're a stupid bitch who makes shit up here every single day because you can't hold your own in any debate. Poor thing you. :cuckoo:

smiley_deadhorse.gif
~BH

Forum List

Back