Access denied: Reporters say federal officials, data increasingly off limits

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
This is the tactic we see everyday. Delay, deny, obstruct, ignore and attack.

Access denied Reporters say federal officials data increasingly off limits - The Washington Post

“It’s really expensive to fight this hard” for public information, said Singer, now an editorial writer at the newspaper. She suspects that officials were slow to respond because news of the TB outbreak might have harmed Florida’s tourism industry. “They know that to delay is to deny. . . . They know we have to move on to other stories.”

The stories aren’t always as consequential or as dramatic as a TB outbreak, but Singer’s experience is shared by virtually every journalist on the government beat, from the White House on down. They can recite tales with similar outlines: An agency spokesman — frequently a political appointee — rejects the reporter’s request for interviews, offers partial or nonresponsive replies, or delays responding at all until after the journalist’s deadline has passed.

Starting to act like Bush and Cheney is they???

I get the same brush off when it comes to communicating with My Coke Rewards...

Access denied Reporters say federal officials data increasingly off limits - The Washington Post

“It’s really expensive to fight this hard” for public information, said Singer, now an editorial writer at the newspaper. She suspects that officials were slow to respond because news of the TB outbreak might have harmed Florida’s tourism industry. “They know that to delay is to deny. . . . They know we have to move on to other stories.”

The stories aren’t always as consequential or as dramatic as a TB outbreak, but Singer’s experience is shared by virtually every journalist on the government beat, from the White House on down. They can recite tales with similar outlines: An agency spokesman — frequently a political appointee — rejects the reporter’s request for interviews, offers partial or nonresponsive replies, or delays responding at all until after the journalist’s deadline has passed.

When the government doesn't answer to the "people" - we have a tyranny. "Land of the Free"? Absolute bullshit. Freedom in this country is gone. We are slaves to the federal government.

oh well , their fellow ass kissing (lamestream/government propagandist) so called reporters help make it that way.. so they can thank them...

Obama and this administration threats them like shit, yet they still drool and trip over themselves to get ONE WORD from them

Hello. Welcome to the real world. FYI - "The Washington Brotherhood" is an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. They tell us what they want us to know, nothing else. The general public is nothing more than votes and tax revenue.

Hello. Welcome to the real world. FYI - "The Washington Brotherhood" is an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. They tell us what they want us to know, nothing else. The general public is nothing more than votes and tax revenue.

Indeed. Although the idea of "the vote" is bullshit as well. Doesn't matter what candidate or what party you vote for. Makes no difference whatsoever. Voting is nothing more than an illusion that they use to "comfort" the idiot masses.

Starting to act like Bush and Cheney is they???

I get the same brush off when it comes to communicating with My Coke Rewards...

Bush and Chaney never promised to be different.

And there is a difference between promising something and brushing off an unemployed comedian.

oh well , their fellow ass kissing (lamestream/government propagandist) so called reporters help make it that way.. so they can thank them...

Obama and this administration threats them like shit, yet they still drool and trip over themselves to get ONE WORD from them

When the press becomes complicit (as in the case of Obama) in their support of ANY CIC - the result is propaganda. Obama is no fool. He has used this as a valuable tool for his agenda. Unfortunately, the press is NOW beginning to understand what exactly their boot licking has gotten them. Used.

"After every useful idiot has served their purpose - they should be disposed of quickly" - Stalin

Indeed. Although the idea of "the vote" is bullshit as well. Doesn't matter what candidate or what party you vote for. Makes no difference whatsoever. Voting is nothing more than an illusion that they use to "comfort" the idiot masses.

I'm beginning to believe that. Years ago with Carter, the people took how horrible things were after one term and voted him out. with Obama's record after his first term there should have been, NO WAY he was re-elected...But walla, there he was with that ugly smirk on his face after he was crowned again

I'm beginning to believe that. Years ago with Carter, the people took how horrible things were after one term and voted him out. with Obama's record after his first term there should have been, NO WAY he was re-elected...But walla, there he was with that ugly smirk on his face after he was crowned again

Stephanie - the American people have been hoodwinked for years. The more "trust" we place in those at the federal level - the more freedom we lose. We are now watched and listened to at every turn. The NSA's dishes are turned INWARD - TOWARD America, not outward. Thank you George Bush. Thank you Barack Obama. Now, laws are passed to "control" the American people. Remember, every time you hear these words "We are a nation of laws" - take the word "laws" out and replace it with the word "slaves". Every new "law" that is passed is one more link in the chain. All in the name of "protection". Protection my black ass. Call it what it is - control.

The federal government has grown into a monster - given more power than it could ever have imagined that it would have. A thousand times more than was EVER authorized by the Constitution. When you couple that with a "press" - who is a willing supporter of those who enslave us - you have what we are faced with now - a legal tyranny; where the elite control the masses. Where "royal families" control the entire electorate.

I suggest that you fasten your seatbelt. It is going to get very interesting in the next 10 years.

Stephanie - the American people have been hoodwinked for years. The more "trust" we place in those at the federal level - the more freedom we lose. We are now watched and listened to at every turn. The NSA's dishes are turned INWARD - TOWARD America, not outward. Thank you George Bush. Thank you Barack Obama. Now, laws are passed to "control" the American people. Remember, every time you hear these words "We are a nation of laws" - take the word "laws" out and replace it with the word "slaves". Every new "law" that is passed is one more link in the chain. All in the name of "protection". Protection my black ass. Call it what it is - control.

The federal government has grown into a monster - given more power than it could ever have imagined that it would have. A thousand times more than was EVER authorized by the Constitution. When you couple that with a "press" - who is a willing supporter of those who enslave us - you have what we are faced with now - a legal tyranny; where the elite control the masses. Where "royal families" control the entire electorate.

I suggest that you fasten your seatbelt. It is going to get very interesting in the next 10 years.

yes I agree. I've watched it grow into tyrant monster. but the citizens are to uninvolved so that's how they (fed government) will be able to continue...I'm older , but I worry about my children and their children, etc

yes I agree. I've watched it grow into tyrant monster. but the citizens are to uninvolved so that's how they (fed government) will be able to continue...I'm older , but I worry about my children and their children, etc

Indeed. We have been "herded" into little special interest groups where we scream and yell at those in other "groups" while those who "lead" us laugh at our ignorance. Sheep will ALWAYS follow. One of the reasons I post this video is simply in the hope that one or two will watch it and FINALLY begin to understand that we are headed down the wrong road and prepare themselves as best they can. It is going to get nasty. Very nasty in the coming years.

I used to stand at my office window in the American embassy in Moscow and watch as hundreds would form "bread lines" - waiting for the government to give them what bread there was and those who were unlucky were turned away. I'm sure that the vast majority of those good people never envisioned how the Soviet Union would turn out when they reveled the takeover by Stalin. The same will happen here.

I'm now 71 years old. I won't live to see what this country will become. However, my children and my grand children will and it breaks my heart. This is NOT the country I grew up in.....

When a politician like Pelosi can stand up and say. We have to PASS the bill in order to see what's in it.

Well right there tells you all you need to know about this Federal government. and that more people weren't upset over it and how Obama and his ilk just changed it 20 something time at their whim. shows the direction we are headed

and it's not a good one.. we are doomed as free people

Last edited:

Damn, I fingered that out after voting for Reagan in 1980...

viola is the word,,,,,,,,you are wanting.....

When a politician like Pelosi can stand up and say. We have to PASS the bill in order to see what's in it.

Well right there tells you all you need to know about this Federal government. and that more people weren't upset over it and how Obama and his ilk just changed it 20 something time at their whim. shows the direction we are headed

and it's not a good one.. we are doomed as free people
When you are free of ignorance, then you are never doomed...but still mortal...

Forum List

Back