ACA exchange future in doubt

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Another article regarding the failure of the ACA exchanges. Interesting read.

Political uncertainty isn't the only threat to the Affordable Care Act's future. Cracks also are spreading through a major pillar supporting the law

Health insurance exchanges created to help millions of people find coverage are turning into money-losing ventures for many insurers.

Insurer Warnings Cast Doubt on ACA Exchange Future

Last edited:
Another article regarding the failure of the ACA exchanges. Interesting read.

Political uncertainty isn't the only threat to the Affordable Care Act's future. Cracks also are spreading through a major pillar supporting the law

Health insurance exchanges created to help millions of people find coverage are turning into money-losing ventures for many insurers.

Insurer Warnings Cast Doubt on ACA Exchange Future
Government has never headed any project that made money or even broke even.

When people find out what single payer means they dont want it

I'm still opting for Obamacare (it's better than what we had before)....expansion of medicare in my state has meant my husbands prescriptions have gone from 350-400 a month to zero.

Still...on single payer...do you know anyone in the countries that have that, that would prefer our system? I've heard many complaints but no one wants to switch.

Even with a single payer system - rich people can always buy what they want. The rest of us are stuck where we always were. Some countries have a combination system.

Lots of possibilities.

No possibilities under single payer....you get the crap thats doled out and thats it People Have No Idea What 'Single Payer' Means
It’s true, however, that Europe has its own problems, some of them related to single-payer health-care systems. America’s existing medical system is no picnic either. But when they’re shown the downsides of single-payer, Americans seem to prefer the devil they know.

No possibilities under single payer....you get the crap thats doled out and thats it People Have No Idea What 'Single Payer' Means
It’s true, however, that Europe has its own problems, some of them related to single-payer health-care systems. America’s existing medical system is no picnic either. But when they’re shown the downsides of single-payer, Americans seem to prefer the devil they know.

:dunno:

There's a lot of variety in single payer systems. It depends on what is most important to you. For some - having insurance when they didn't before is important.

There's a lot of variety in single payer systems. It depends on what is most important to you. For some - having insurance when they didn't before is important.

Which is a small portion of the country...and easily fixed without destroying the system.

Which is a small portion of the country...and easily fixed without destroying the system.

I don't see the system as destroyed and no one proposed any "easy fixes".

Meanwhile everyone else gets screwed....how compassionate

"everyone else" does not get screwed.

Should health care be reserved for the elite?

Strawman.

Healthcare is reserved for those who value it.

Not everybody gets the same level of care....even in Single Payer countries...get over it.

You want health care you can get it.

Health Insurance is something else......the guilded lie.

I don't see the system as destroyed and no one proposed any "easy fixes".

If you don't think our health care system was good before...point me to a good one.

They don't want Medicare? That's what a single payer system is...and from all the polls, seniors LOVE their Medicare.... I believe they have to pay 20% co pays....unless they pay and get a supplemental policy.

The money comes from what you pay now as your share of your health care coverage through work and I would suppose, a percentage from employers, I would think....?

But honestly, I don't think it was ever spelled out by anyone with the proposal?

They don't want Medicare? That's what a single payer system is...and from all the polls, seniors LOVE their Medicare.... I believe they have to pay 20% co pays....unless they pay and get a supplemental policy.

The money comes from what you pay now as your share of your health care coverage through work and I would suppose, a percentage from employers, I would think....?

But honestly, I don't think it was ever spelled out by anyone with the proposal?

Seniors love cheap health care paid for by someone else.

Forum List

Back