Abu Musab al-Zarqawi arrested in Iraq?

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, head of the group suspected of beheading two Bulgarian hostages, has reportedly been arrested in Western Iraq.

Al-Zarqawi has been arrested by Iraqi police and US military close to the border with Syria, Russian news agency RIA Novosti reported, citing information posted on the Internet.

Zarqawi was dressed in a white T-shirt and blue jeans. Reports claim that he didn't oppose the arrest.

A blood sample has been sent to Baghdad for DNA tests.

Sofia News Agency Anyone know if this is a reliable source or not? I've not heard of them before.

DKSuddeth said:
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, head of the group suspected of beheading two Bulgarian hostages, has reportedly been arrested in Western Iraq.

Al-Zarqawi has been arrested by Iraqi police and US military close to the border with Syria, Russian news agency RIA Novosti reported, citing information posted on the Internet.

Zarqawi was dressed in a white T-shirt and blue jeans. Reports claim that he didn't oppose the arrest.

A blood sample has been sent to Baghdad for DNA tests.

Sofia News Agency Anyone know if this is a reliable source or not? I've not heard of them before.

I couldn't get that one to open, found another too, but wouldn't open. I'll see what I can find, if true, they should be adding to these quickly.

I hope it is true. But you know what, if it is, the DEMS will claim Bush could have arrested him a long time ago but waited until today to let it out so as to take the thunder away from JK tonight. Watch.

Got the second site to open, they removed the page, so doesn't sound good, yet! Let's hope!

I got the link to open. They are a legit news site, so maybe the US is just waiting for confirmation before releasing anything public. Damn, I hope this is true.

Forgive my ignorance,but who is this fellow besides the kidnapped of the Bulgarians? It's hard to keep track of these names these days.

Isaac Brock said:
Forgive my ignorance,but who is this fellow besides the kidnapped of the Bulgarians? It's hard to keep track of these names these days.

He is the one in charge of the group the cut-off Berg's head plus he is the Jordanian leading the suicide bombers in Iraq.

That would definately be very stupid of current administration, like shooting itself in the foot :crutch:

Forum List

Back