about hats

I have a few hats/ head wear that I use a lot

For paddling and general sun protection
th

My Indiana Jones hat for fall weather, rain etc and because it looks cool

130449.jpg

Assorted baseball caps ( the old soft ones with the curled brim not those stupid flat brimmed hip hop ones)

My latest thing is a Shemagh.

I'll wear when doing real dusty work and for general protection while hiking or backpacking (it's great during black fly season). I get a lot of funny looks when I wear it though I don't know why

th

Bob Dylan sang about a Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat.

Joe Cocker told you that you could leave your hat on.

Magicians have cool hats. Rabbits come out of them.

The dunce cap tells the world about you.

Baseball players aren't the only folks who wear baseball caps, but only football players wear football helmets.

Kings and queens wear crowns with honor and dignity. But Moe Howard often 'crowned' both Larry and Curly. Where's the honor and dignity in that?

If I could get any hat, it would be a Checker Cab driver's hat from the 1930s.

Just thought I would start a thread about hats.

What is the coolest, scariest, sexiest, stupidest, or whatever hat.

What's your favorite hat. Hat story?

History of Hats

I love hats and I have a favorite hat story.

One night, I was wearing a hat with a wig attached, that came down to my shoulders. I was also in very skimpy, tight clothing, ( short shorts, sweetheart style latex top, tucked in,) while dancing wildly, in the humid weather on an outdoor dance floor, to Freebird, the long version, while all other dancers had stopped dancing leaving my date and I alone on the dance floor, along side the lake where our boat was moored. My real hair was very short, then.

At the end of the long song, where we went the distance without falling down, the crowd erupted in applause, for our efforts, and I pulled my hat off and bowed to them and they all broke out in loud and sustained laughter.

My hat with attached wig, had fooled them all. :lol: Several of them came into the bar area during the next two hours, begging us to get out there and do some more dancing. We declined. :lol:

What a night. The rest of it was even more exciting. :redface:

Don't know which hats I particularly like ... I just like to see them! Favorite places to see what's going on:

The Kentucky Derby

Hats worn by black ladies

The wedding of William and Kate had a good showing, but the Brits seem to like wearing hats for a lot of occasions. I'm going to venture that Queen Elizabeth II probably has the largest hat collection in the world.

The wedding of William and Kate had a good showing, but the Brits seem to like wearing hats for a lot of occasions. I'm going to venture that Queen Elizabeth II probably has the largest hat collection in the world.

Oh my God...I couldn't believe all the hats at that wedding! The Brits are apparently hat crazy!!!!!

I'm not much in to hats but I did purchase two when I was told I needed chemo. I got a baseball hat, oodles of scarves and a garden hat. Oh...and I already had my beret hat from years ago. But..I don't wear them, nor have to after all.

For me, I think hats are sexy. Especially those aussie hats..kinda like Indian Jones. And derby hats look dapper. The hat man is Connery...maybe he will show what kinds of hats he has...he did before but that years ago so I have no idea where the thread is or even if the pics are still in it.

I used to love watching this show about hats when I was wasted on reefer.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQPyJ733NSs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQPyJ733NSs[/ame]

It is said that JFK was responsible for ending the fashion trend of men wearing hats. Kennedy did not wear one usually and guys thought that was cool. So an entire era of men in hats ended.

m-train1.jpg

Clark Gable was responsible for another fashion trend. Men not wearing undershirts. In the 1934 Frank Capra classic It Happened One Night Gable put on his shirt without first donning a wife beater, T shirt or any other under garment. Under shirt sales plummeted as a result.

Colbert+Clark+Gable+It+Happened+One+Night+shirtless.jpg

No one seems too enthusiastic about the fashion trend I'm trying hard to launch. Tuck your pant cuffs into your socks to show them off.

article-0-117E318A000005DC-384_306x636.jpg

It is said that JFK was responsible for ending the fashion trend of men wearing hats. Kennedy did not wear one usually and guys thought that was cool. So an entire era of men in hats ended.

m-train1.jpg

Clark Gable was responsible for another fashion trend. Men not wearing undershirts. In the 1934 Frank Capra classic It Happened One Night Gable put on his shirt without first donning a wife beater, T shirt or any other under garment. Under shirt sales plummeted as a result.

Colbert+Clark+Gable+It+Happened+One+Night+shirtless.jpg

No one seems too enthusiastic about the fashion trend I'm trying hard to launch. Tuck your pant cuffs into your socks to show them off.

article-0-117E318A000005DC-384_306x636.jpg

That's hot!:dance:

I love hats. Always have...I will post a few as the discussion progresses as each hat has a story.....

This an Akubra Federation Deluxe IV. An older set of hat blocks we believe date back to the 1920's was used to shape this hat. The Heritage Grade fur is the closest rabbit fur grade to Beaver Felt.

Snapshot_20090303_4.jpg

Oh my God...I couldn't believe all the hats at that wedding! The Brits are apparently hat crazy!!!!!

I was rather partial to the fascinators. They were ... well .... fascinating.

fascinator hats - Bing Images

I did find the one worn by Princess Beatrice a bit disturbing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back