Abortion = Social JUSTICE?

You guys have had how many posts since I was last here and you still have discussed anything seriously?

Ive determined that this issue is just way to emotional for some people to have any sort of discussion about. I can understand why. I am just surprised that adults cant have a discussion about it without descending into insanity.

This is exactly why I think post-modern civilization is an illusion. No one can talk about what's important with any civility. No one can act civil. The second people dont get their way they descend to the level of children squabbling in a playground.

There is little point in discussing with JB. With him, it starts in insanity rather than descending into it. Either way, all he does is scream "it's all lies, lies lies!"

BTW, in your follow up post to JB you mention not discussing things with people who really don't care. You're wrong about that, you know. But I tend to be suspicious of how really open to debate people are when they consistently call you things like murderer, baby killer and anti-life. When we can dispense with the epithets, perhaps then we can talk about what's important "with civility".

On this subject more than any other however, I won't hold my breath.

sadly in my eyes, you make a good point with what i hilighted!

Thank you. I know that invective is often the common currency of this board, but as this particular subject is already highly emotive it's even more unhelpful than usual.

I agree; she did fail English, evidently

sadly in my eyes, you make a good point with what i hilighted(sic)!
Seeing as she highlighted nothing, doesn't this sentence imply she thinks bob made no point?

Uh-oh. Grammar, punctuation, spelling and / or vocabulary criticism - that well known last resting place of the internet poseur.

I know this is only a message board but I love how you've gone to the trouble of using a semi colon, presumably after some research on how to use one (though you've forgotten the period at the end of the sentence). After all, one doesn't want to make a punctuation mistake while criticizing someone's English, does one?

Unfortunately for you however, that train has already left the station. If you want to use the term "sic" correctly, it should be placed within square brackets [sic] not round ones (sic).

:razz:

Will you stop being childish first, or shall I?

Forum List

Back