Abortion as a right?

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by sitarro, Aug 9, 2005.

1. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Here is a story that a friend sent to me, a little something to think about for all of you abortion fans.

A picture began circulating in November. It should be "The Picture of the Year," or perhaps, "Picture of the Decade." It won't be. In fact, unless you obtained a copy of the US paper which published it, you probably would never have seen it. The picture is that of a 21-week-old unborn baby named Samuel Alexander Armas, who is being operated on by surgeon named Joseph Bruner. The baby was diagnosed with spina bifida and would not survive if removed from his mother's womb. Little Samuel's mother, Julie Armas, is an obstetrics nurse in Atlanta. She knew of Dr. Bruner's rema rkable surgical procedure. Practicing at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, he performs these special operations while the baby is still in the womb. During the procedure, the doctor removes the uterus via C-section and makes a small incision to operate on the baby. As Dr. Bruner completed the surgery on Samuel, the little guy reached his tiny, but fully developed hand through the incision and firmly grasped the surgeon's finger. Dr. Bruner was reported as saying that when his finger was grasped, it was the most emotional moment of his life, and that for an instant during the procedure he was just frozen, totally immobile. The photograph captures this amazing event with perfect clarity. The editors titled the picture, "Hand of Hope." The text explaining the picture begins, "The tiny hand of 21-week-old fetus Samuel Alexander Armas emerges from the mother's uterus to grasp the finger of Dr. Joseph Bruner as if thanking the doctor for the gift of life." Little Samuel's mother said they "wept for days" when they saw the picture. She said, "The photo reminds us pregnancy isn't about disability or an illness, it's about a little person." Samuel was born in perfect health, the operation 100 percent successful. Now see the actual picture, and it is awesome... incredible.... and hey, pass it on. The world needs to see this one!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. sitarro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Here is another foot for thought.

3. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Moved to tears and speechless.

4. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    That photo made me really tear up!

the 2nd one reminded me of those days...where it felt like Nathan was trying to Karate his way out!

5. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Quit dragging my heart around. :cry:

Some you keep forgetting that not everyone is Christian and adhers to Christian theology. Post posting like that is the same as posting photos of a soldier with body parts blown off as an argument against war.
    Some believe life begins at conception.
    Others believe life begins when a life form can exist on its own without human or medical intervention.
    Others believe life begins at birth.
    You can't force your ideals upon others.

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Carrying that argument out, logically, hospitals should be out of business...as should rest homes, etc...

:(

Believing life begins at conception isn't a matter of belief - it's a matter of science. Those who choose not to agree simply do so to make them feel less immoral.

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    You certainly can when it's murder that is the subject, and it has nothing to do with Christianity but rather a secular view of humanity.......Do you possess any at all?? humanity that is?

8. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So why do life-precious conservative republicans believe so strongly in the death penalty? :boohoo:

9. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Before you get the usual responses, stop and think about the idiocy of the comparison.

Innocent life unable to protect one's self.

vs

Full grown human being capable of making the choice between right and wrong with no other help but chose wrong.

Now your answer will show me truly how lost a cause you are.

10. sitarro

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Gabriella,
    I'm not trying to force my opinion on anybody, I was given this story from a friend and felt it was incredible photographic proof of the human life in the womb.Both photographs are all the proof I need to say that what I see is not a thing or a fetus but a child, a human being. It is 2005, it shouldn't get to the point of an abortion to realize that you don't want a child. If boys and girls were taught to understand that from the earliest age maybe more precaution would be taken and this discussion wouldn't need to take place.
    As for the death penalty. . . I would rather the person suffer in prison for the rest of their life with photographs of who they killed to haunt them. . .no parole.