ABC News: Is Having a Loving Family an Unfair Advantage?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Good Gawd, you cannot make this stupid shit up!

So the solution to unequal upbringing between kids from loving homes and kids from dysfunctional families is to attack/question whether loving homes are 'fair'?

We need to replace the Literati elites that run this country and put in people that reflect the BEST values of the American people.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

“Is having a loving family an unfair advantage?” asks a story on the ABC’s website.

“Should parents snuggling up for one last story before lights out be even a little concerned about the advantage they might be conferring?”

The story was followed by a broadcast on the ABC’s Radio National that also tackled the apparently divisive issue of bedtime reading.

Evidence shows that the difference between those who get bedtime stories and those who don’t — the difference in their life chances — is bigger than the difference between those who get elite private schooling and those that don’t,” British academic Adam Swift told ABC presenter Joe Gelonesi.

Gelonesi responded online: “This devilish twist of evidence surely leads to a further conclusion that perhaps — in the interests of levelling the playing field — bedtime stories should also be restricted.”​

I don't know about anyone else, but from day one fair was never promised to me. Opportunity was mentioned on occasion.

So the solution to unequal upbringing between kids from loving homes and kids from dysfunctional families is to attack/question whether loving homes are 'fair'?

We need to replace the Literati elites that run this country and put in people that reflect the BEST values of the American people.

“Is having a loving family an unfair advantage?” asks a story on the ABC’s website.

“Should parents snuggling up for one last story before lights out be even a little concerned about the advantage they might be conferring?”

The story was followed by a broadcast on the ABC’s Radio National that also tackled the apparently divisive issue of bedtime reading.

Evidence shows that the difference between those who get bedtime stories and those who don’t — the difference in their life chances — is bigger than the difference between those who get elite private schooling and those that don’t,” British academic Adam Swift told ABC presenter Joe Gelonesi.

Gelonesi responded online: “This devilish twist of evidence surely leads to a further conclusion that perhaps — in the interests of levelling the playing field — bedtime stories should also be restricted.”​

And these same mind set assholes are the same ones who can't get why they are taking away Mothers Day...... As on dumbass mentioned in another post on here " oh I just couldn't survive, without mothers day" or father's day" .................. totally missing the point of wtf is going on here with this gawd dam bs.

They are tying to make a gawd dam GENDERLESS society, why having Ovaries is offensive because not everyone has ovaries...........I am dead serious, They claim men have fkn periods too. theres mother fkrs are clipped man ................... Forgive my F USE but this is getting beyond insane.

Tampons in mens bathrooms LUNATIC alert.

Last edited:

And these same mind set assholes are the same ones who can't get why they are taking away Mothers Day...... As on dumbass mentioned in another post on here " oh I just couldn't survive, without mothers day" or father's day" .................. totally missing the point of wtf is going on here with this gawd dam bs.

They are tying to make a gawd dam GENDERLESS society, why having Ovaries is offensive because not everyone has ovaries...........I am dead serious, They claim men have fkn periods too. theres mother fkrs are clipped man ................... Forgive my F USE but this is getting beyond insane.

Tampons in mends bathrooms LUNATIC alet.
They will never get rid of that Hallmark Holiday, Mother's Day....They did complain when they started Dad's Day though..I mean, all through history Mothers were a special class of love....Dad's never got that special recognition...I know of one old song from history to commemorate Dad's though...

My parents read to us every night. I'm sure they didn't give a rat's ass what anyone else was or was not doing.

I went straight from fairy tales and comics to Wells, Stoker and Shelley by age eight. Reading bedtime stories to my kid was the only way I got to read all the kids' books I skipped as a kid.

This started in Britian a couple of years ago. Reading to children is the very foundation of racism.

A perfect example....Obama came from a broken home......Bill Clinton.....came from a broken home.

A perfect example....Obama came from a broken home......Bill Clinton.....came from a broken home.
So did Moses..

You ever seen someone "the village" has raised? No?

Probably not if you're still alive and typing here.

They keep those under the jail in isolation.

C'mon, you can't fool me. I can spot an Onion story from a mile away!

Forum List

Back