Abbas Says Prisoner Release Crucial To Peace

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
Abbas says prisoner release crucial to peace efforts . 7/04/2013 20:31RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- The release of Palestinian prisoners will reflect Israel's commitment to peace talks, president Mahmoud Abbas said Saturday during a conference in Ramallah. Abbas made the comments in a prerecorded speech played at the opening session of the Freedom and Dignity conference to mark the 11th year since Israel's arrest of Fatah leader Marwan Barghouti, official news agency Wafa reported. Israel must be held accountable for its crimes, Abbas said, adding that as a non-member observer state Palestine has "the freedom to take legal action at any international forum."Vice President of the European Parliament, Isabelle Durant, said in an address to the audience that Israel must be held accountable for holding prisoners under administrative detention, calling it a human rights issue. Former US President Jimmy Carter said in a recorded speech that Israel must stop settlement construction and stressed the importance of Palestinian prisoners in future peace talks. Caretaker prime minister Salam Fayyad said that the meeting was proof in itself that Palestinian prisoners are not alone, while PA minister for detainees Issa Qaraqe spoke to the audience about rights violations in Israeli jails and the practice of arresting minors.Peace can not be accomplished as long as Israel continues to hold Palestinians in jail, Qaraqe added." Abbas says prisoner release crucial to peace efforts | Maan News Agency Addameer reports there are presently 4,900 Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons and detention centers, including 168 administrative detainees, 14 women and 236 children. Imagine the reaction of the world if Palestinians were unlawfully holding 4900 Israelis captive.

How can there be peace when one side unlawfully holds 4900 captives from the other side?

How can there be peace when the same ones who are "hold captive" and demand their release are the ones who help blowing up pregnant women and children, stabbed, attacked, shot, and killed innocent civilians in Israel?

And to the next question, why does Abbas opinions matter? He has Phd project on holocaust denial, so no one here takes him seriously expect deluded people

IMAGINING killings is not making your case. WE just look at the names of 1500 children Israel has killed in Palestine since 2000 and see which side is shedding most of the blood of the innocent being shed. YOUR people killed over 30 children in Gaza in November alone. How many are imprisoned for these crimes?

You compare war to none-war situations? In that case, any Hamas member during cast lead should be in jail, as well.

How many Jews have been killed by Palestinians in total? is their blood cheaper?

And back to the issue- Abbas opinion matters nothing

How can there be peace when the same ones who are "hold captive" and demand their release are the ones who help blowing up pregnant women and children, stabbed, attacked, shot, and killed innocent civilians in Israel?

And to the next question, why does Abbas opinions matter? He has Phd project on holocaust denial, so no one here takes him seriously expect deluded people

WHAT I think on the demands about prisoners is Abbas is listening to the demands of the people. AND it is a social justice issue, the prisoners are held unlawfully. The Military Court system egregiously violates intl law at every step of the proceedings, as Yesh Din addressed in that report I previously posted a link for. SAMER ISSAWI led hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions around the world, to knowledge about the unlawfully detained Palestinian prisoners. THE eyes of the world have been opened to Israels Palestinian prisoner crimes against humanity. Does even one single day go by but there is not more news coming out about abuses against children prisoners? THAT image of Israel appying electric shock to private areas of children and torturing them into confessing to throwing rocks is something I will never forget about. How does a nation get to a place where they make a practice of doing such things to children?

Abbas can demand all he wants . He's not going to get it. One more reason why a "Palestinian State" will never exist.

How does it help peace?

And who believe that Abbas' opinions matter, anyway?

what a condescending and flat out bigoted thing to say.

would you prefer ismail haniyeh.

i'd put my bucks on marwan barghouti but it is glaringly clear that israel is terrified of him.

he isn't going away.

Yet it is very true!

few are those who care about what he has to say, not only in here, but also in the Palestinian territories!

I will sure do.

Better have an honest enemy who says he wishes you dead out in the open, than someone who pretends to be your friend, but does the exact opposite when speaking with his own people.

i'd put my bucks on marwan barghouti but it is glaringly clear that israel is terrified of him.

Fairly unlikely. but let them think so. Se how much we care.

he isn't going away.

They said it about Ahmed Al-Ja'abari, too.

You compare war to none-war situations? In that case, any Hamas member during cast lead should be in jail, as well.

How many Jews have been killed by Palestinians in total? is their blood cheaper?

It Is not war, it is an Occupation and Israel can end it anytime she chooses by leaving the lands she unlawfully occupies and she can stop the massacres of children anytime too. The blood of 1500 slaughtered children cries out to God for Justice and for an end to the killing of the innocent.

Last edited:
How does it help peace?

Nothing irritates me more than when I see a ZioNazi answer to a clearly reasonable question...All wars usually end with the re-patriation of POW's save Israel which fears any type of unity within her common enemies...Releasing the heroes of the Palestinian People only strenthens them..Even in peace offerings the Israelis will demmand a weak Palestinian State subject to its whims...

The only problem is the Palestinians will not bow!

I absolutely agree that ALL arabs in Israeli prisons --
and ALL arabs in israeli hosptitals should be
transported TODAY ---to Gaza----where they can be
happy and SAFE in the arms of their LOVING
BRETHEREN I would support the release of
ALL muslims in USA jails who are HERO JIHADISTS
to be released to Gaza---also ---including the noble
Boston bomber who acted for the GLORY OF
ALLAH/ISA -------peeballs and sherri are right

I totally agree. Israel should release all Palestinian terrorist prisoners. Let them go free so they can attempt to kill more Israelis . What justification does Israel have to kill them if in Israeli prisons?

I absolutely agree that ALL arabs in Israeli prisons --
and ALL arabs in israeli hosptitals should be
transported TODAY ---to Gaza----where they can be
happy and SAFE in the arms of their LOVING
BRETHEREN I would support the release of
ALL muslims in USA jails who are HERO JIHADISTS
to be released to Gaza---also ---including the noble
Boston bomber who acted for the GLORY OF
ALLAH/ISA -------peeballs and sherri are right

How does it help peace?

Nothing irritates me more than when I see a ZioNazi answer to a clearly reasonable question...All wars usually end with the re-patriation of POW's save Israel which fears any type of unity within her common enemies...Releasing the heroes of the Palestinian People only strenthens them..Even in peace offerings the Israelis will demmand a weak Palestinian State subject to its whims...

The only problem is the Palestinians will not bow!
And nothing irritates me more than seeing Phillip fling out "Zionazi" to another poster when the anti-Semitic Phillip would have been best pals with Mussolini if he had the chance. By the way, maybe we should just let out all the prisoners in Sing Sing and the other U.S. prisons. Phillip can try and rehabilitate them.

It Is not war, it is an Occupation and Israel can end it anytime she chooses by leaving the lands she unlawfully occupies and she can stop the massacres of children anytime too. The blood of 1500 slaughtered children cries out to God for Justice and for an end to the killing of the innocent.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^'

the blood of hundreds of millions of murdered and obscenely
mutilated children-----murdered for the glory of the "god"
sherri worships---to wit **isa** cry out for justice against the
filth which sherri endorses and worships-----the filth of sherri
marches on ------the gutters of the abodes of her ilk flow with
the blood of babies to her delight

it was the mother UM-FILTH-BOSTONI-----pious sow
---fully "covered" in her devotion to her 'god' isa

it was the mother UM-FILTH-BOSTONI-----pious sow

Darling Momma,

You are the first prisoner in my heart who needs to be released.

From this endless sterile loop of visceral slagging without end or purpose.

So much energy wasted on the likes of Sherri who cannot ever be released.

And all the ziomorons and pally slaves.

We need a new Moses on this board to gather all the zio and pally slaves away from their mental slavery to a space of freedom from hasbara and arab trash

Any volunteers for the role????

BRING BACK THE GODDESSES ALLAT AND THE INDIAN GODDESS SCHIKSAS AT ONCE AND CONSIGN THIS GHASTLY JEHOVAH YAHWEH AND ALLAH TO THEIR WELL EARNED GRAVES

How does it help peace?

he isn't going away.

Lipush is actually paraphrasing something which sherri has said several times - that Abbas is not really viewed as a leader by many Palestinians. I believe sherri has accused Abbas of 'working for the US and the Zionists'......

it is not war, it is an occupation and israel can end it anytime she chooses by leaving the lands she unlawfully occupies and she can stop the massacres of children anytime too. The blood of 1500 slaughtered children cries out to god for justice and for an end to the killing of the innocent.

it was the mother um-filth-bostoni-----pious sow
darling momma,

you are the first prisoner in my heart who needs to be released.

From this endless sterile loop of visceral slagging without end or purpose.

So much energy wasted on the likes of sherri who cannot ever be released.

And all the ziomorons and pally slaves.

We need a new moses on this board to gather all the zio and pally slaves away from
their mental slavery to a space of freedom from hasbara and arab trash

any volunteers for the role????

a message from kali----(siva's wife) to mamzerji >>>

"shut up, mamzer"

bring back the goddesses allat and the indian goddess schiksas at once and consign this ghastly jehovah yahweh and allah to their well earned graves

Last edited:
How does it help peace?

he isn't going away.

Lipush is actually paraphrasing something which sherri has said several times - that Abbas is not really viewed as a leader by many Palestinians. I believe sherri has accused Abbas of 'working for the US and the Zionists'......

Try to hold back on this habit you have of putting your words into my mouth, please. The thread is about actions of Abbas on behalf of the Palestinian people, not how the Palestinian people look at him or how he came to have the position he has.

Forum List

Back