A world with out America

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by 90K, Feb 21, 2007.

1. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Good for you for linking, I considered, then thought, "Nah, the wrong ones will gloat and those that need to watch, won't."

3. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    You've got that right!:clap2:

4. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Not the most factual piece of satire, but amusing!

The democratization of Nicaraugua, well that one was abit offensive...
    I guess the part about tyrants (Saddam) having power was only funny because I don't have to live under a US-supported disctatorship, too.

Actually, most of that was a bit offensive (only because America has been on the wrong side of many of those situations).

Hard to imagine the world's biggest polluter having never polluted, and the world being WORSE off...hmmm.

I guess the exploited third-world would be saddled with more democracy, and international law would actually mean something...
    AMERICA! DON'T LEAVE US!

5. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Where in the world do you get this? your pipe you smoke? either you've been caged up and shown propagande videos your whole life or you just hate America, in which case Canada ain't much better. And if the west is so out of control go back to where you came from if it is so bad!
    I try and look at things better than before but this doesn't make sense to me your logic. Everything has a angle but if this nation weren't here those could be real topics in this world today.

6. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Attack my specifics if I'm wrong.

Go back where I came from? take it easy buddy...

7. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    My point is this, don't hide behind all these freedoms of speech and say:
    And I was referring to the Hooka.
    Ever think that your comments are offensive? I don't think I've out right come and said something totally demeaning have I? besides go back to your native land. If I've done so I appolgize.
    I get the feeling it is a no win sometimes with you, is that how it is?

8. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    It is not a no-win, it's a make a logical argument situation.
    Basically, I listed things that I thought were offensive, I used that word lightly because it IS satire I was critiquing... a little humourous video.

Besides, why would you be offended? Do you think US involvement in Nicaraugua was benign? Or to support democracy?

Don't you agree the US is a huge polluter?
    These are not insults to you, or America - they are legitimate concerns of people who disagree with supporting dictatorships, flouting international law, etc. Nothing I say is intended to rub salt in your eye, in fact I thought we had some nice debating going on... but please takeon my points and either show me where I went wrong, and I'll happily adjust my view - or maybe, possibly, even agree with something I say.

9. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    You live in Canada right? they pollute infact every nation pollutes. You buy stuff from store made in China and India right? They pollute far worse than we do.
    You drive a motorized vehicle? you pollute amd I do too. I guess how I read this rubs me because debating is one thing but being one up on ever subject isn't fun. I have learned a few things and it has opened my eyes to a few things as well and note taken.

10. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I don't drive, and yes Canada is a horrible polluter, it just has a small population. Canada's enviro record is abysmal and the current PM is a retard. Agreed.
    I don't see how any of that proves America is not the worst polluter, though... and really, India and China are polluting like crazy now, of course, and they should use greener technologies and all that... but the current nasty pollution problem occurred over a period of time in which OTHER nations were the prime polluters... so I just think more responsibility rests on those who created the mes to start cleaning it up.

And 'one up' on every subject? I make the points I think of regarding the debate at hand, not just for the sake of it... please, post a thread about Canada being an environmental hypocrite and see if I disagree...