A word on Karl Rove...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<blockquote>Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers... - Karl Rove, 6/22/2005</blockquote>

Liberal that I am, I simply cannot understand Mr. Rove's remarks. After 9/11, I knew someone was going to get the sharp end of the stick...I wanted to see Afghanistan scraped out like a gourd, and I don't know of anyone who didn't. I challenge Mr. Rove, or anyone else for that matter, to produce <i><b>JUST ONE</b></i> person, liberal or conservative, who voiced the point of view he described. In making such remarks, Mr. Rove slandered the memory of those who perished on that day...He slandered everyone who watched in horror as the planes slammed into the Towers and stood overwhelmed by the tragedy as the Towers collapsed...He slandered the families who lost loved ones to this monstrous tragedy...He slandered the troops who went into Afghanistan to bring the perpetrators of that act to justice.

More important though is that the question as to why Mr. Rove chose to raise the spectre of 9/11 has gone begging. The answer is quite simple...The President's poll numbers continue to slide towards the tipping point...Iraq is sliding towards disintigration...The Downing Street Minutes continue to hound the president, and references to 9/11 are attempt to revive the fears 9/11 raised. Well guess what Mr. Rove...We're not afraid anymore! We've accepted the fact that the world is a dangerous place, and that danger can reach our shores.

Bullypulpit said:
<blockquote>Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 in the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers... - Karl Rove, 6/22/2005</blockquote>

Liberal that I am, I simply cannot understand Mr. Rove's remarks. After 9/11, I knew someone was going to get the sharp end of the stick...I wanted to see Afghanistan scraped out like a gourd, and I don't know of anyone who didn't. I challenge Mr. Rove, or anyone else for that matter, to produce <i><b>JUST ONE</b></i> person, liberal or conservative, who voiced the point of view he described. In making such remarks, Mr. Rove slandered the memory of those who perished on that day...He slandered everyone who watched in horror as the planes slammed into the Towers and stood overwhelmed by the tragedy as the Towers collapsed...He slandered the families who lost loved ones to this monstrous tragedy...He slandered the troops who went into Afghanistan to bring the perpetrators of that act to justice.

More important though is that the question as to why Mr. Rove chose to raise the spectre of 9/11 has gone begging. The answer is quite simple...The President's poll numbers continue to slide towards the tipping point...Iraq is sliding towards disintigration...The Downing Street Minutes continue to hound the president, and references to 9/11 are attempt to revive the fears 9/11 raised. Well guess what Mr. Rove...We're not afraid anymore! We've accepted the fact that the world is a dangerous place, and that danger can reach our shores.

Um, Michael Moore.... Remember how he was trashed for being against action in Afghanistan? This is when the Liberals began hacking away at the "popularity" of action at all, let alone in Iraq. The assumption that we could not find even one is wrong. Other well-known names that were against action in Afghanistan were Susan Serandon and her hubby Tim Robbins. There are three, now are you going to implode or simply state that you were wrong, I could find more than one voice that stated that we should do nothing....

Bully,

If you quote him completely you will see that he does not mention one person, he mentions over 700,000 of them. The people who signed the MoveOn.Org petition advocating moderation and restraint in responding to the terrorist attacks against the United States.

Rove specified that he was talking about the liberals who came out against military actions of any sort after 9-11. He said as much. You are simply looking at the quotes you want to look at and ignoring the part where he spelled it out for you.

He was not speaking about Hillary Rodam Clinton, John Kerry, or any of the others who voted to go into Afganistan. He was speaking about the groups that are pouring millions of dollars of their best-purchased beliefs into the political discourse, and they believed that any military action in the aftermath of 9-11 was wrong.

Bullypulpit said:

i said this before the second plane hit the second building

Forum List

Back