A Universal Basic Income?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Have you not heard of Denmark?

It's a dumb regressive idea, even if less dumb than some other welfare systems that keep regressive's vote farms running and people poor perpetually.

Have you not heard of Denmark?

It's a dumb regressive idea, even if less dumb than some other welfare systems that keep regressive's vote farms running and people poor perpetually.

Explain what about Denmark, please.

Maybe universal basic income could replace every other form of welfare. No more food steps, no more wic, no more section 8, no more ssi or ssd. Just 1,200 per month lower limit for all people so no one starves on the street. Maybe for older people(65+) that have worked many years we could jack it up to 2,000/month.

Would you republicans consider it?

And no republicans, people wouldn't get this basic income unless they fall below the 1,200 per month or were without a job. It would probably allow us to combine most of the mess we have for a welfare system and come out much cheaper.

And no republicans, people wouldn't get this basic income unless they fall below the 1,200 per month or were without a job. It would probably allow us to combine most of the mess we have for a welfare system and come out much cheaper.
Who pays for it?

Instead of giving money to someone and have it called a welfare check.
Here's a check for free money.
What's the difference?

A Universal 40 hour Minimum Work Week - how about that?
Sounds like a wet dream about what you could do with other people's money.

Go start a company, hire the first people to apply with your guarantee of 40 hrs a week and get back to us.

I have no idea what your point is but I dont think you understand mine either. I was trying to say that people should work. If you're gonna collect a check then you should work or volunteer. Similar to what Maine has done;

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement -

A Universal 40 hour Minimum Work Week - how about that?
Sounds like a wet dream about what you could do with other people's money.

Go start a company, hire the first people to apply with your guarantee of 40 hrs a week and get back to us.
I have no idea what your point is but I dont think you understand mine either. I was trying to say that people should work. If you're gonna collect a check then you should work or volunteer. Similar to what Maine has done;

Maine Drops 9000 From Food Stamps After They Refuse To Comply With Work Requirement -
How can you mandate a 40 hr a week minimum job for all without making companies retain poor employees? Can you elaborate on that?

Yes, it has NOTHING to do with employers/businesses. Read the Maine article and notice how I used the word Volunteer. If you want money, find a job or volunteer or do something which benefits society.

Yes, it has NOTHING to do with employers/businesses. Read the Maine article and notice how I used the word Volunteer. If you want money, find a job or volunteer or do something which benefits society.
Having a job or business that's worth receiving the income is what benefits society. Being a human leach sucking off of others' earning is detrimental to not only society, but also for the stupid worthless slug that should either shape up or starve.

Maybe universal basic income could replace every other form of welfare. No more food steps, no more wic, no more section 8, no more ssi or ssd. Just 1,200 per month lower limit for all people so no one starves on the street. Maybe for older people(65+) that have worked many years we could jack it up to 2,000/month.

I'm not a republican, but I wouldn't consider it. I don't feel as if I have the right to take the property of others so I can give it out as charity. And since I don't have that right, I'm not going to ask someone else to do it on my behalf.

sure Friedman wanted to replace all the idiotic and deadly liberal programs with a simple check each month. By replacing all the bureaucracy it would cut if half the cost instantly.

I don't feel as if I have the right to take the property of others so I can give it out as charity.
yes liberal theft is immoral and anti American for sure. What would make sense is to let each state makes it own decisions. That way if you wanted to live in a welfare state you would be free too and if not you could simple move out.

Forum List

Back