A Trump story I can believe

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
No One Wanted Trump’s Portrait So His Charity Had to Buy It, Lawyer Says

When Donald Trump offered to pay $10,000 from his personal charitable foundation for a six-foot oil portrait of himself, the future president only meant to "get the bidding started" during a 2014 auction at his Mar-a-Lago resort, his lawyer told a New York judge.

“No one else bid,” attorney Alan Futerfas said in a packed Manhattan courtroom on Thursday, so “he’s stuck with the painting."

I can totally believe that nobody wanted a 6 foot tall painting of Trump, who the hell would?

I would not want a postage stamp sized one personally.

When Donald Trump offered to pay $10,000 from his personal charitable foundation for a six-foot oil portrait of himself, the future president only meant to "get the bidding started" during a 2014 auction at his Mar-a-Lago resort, his lawyer told a New York judge.

“No one else bid,” attorney Alan Futerfas said in a packed Manhattan courtroom on Thursday, so “he’s stuck with the painting."

I can totally believe that nobody wanted a 6 foot tall painting of Trump, who the hell would?

More believable than your story about being a gay ex-Marine bilionaire with a master's in Gay |& Lesbian Haiku or whatever it was.

More believable than your story about being a gay ex-Marine bilionaire with a master's in Gay |& Lesbian Haiku or whatever it was.
lol
sounds like a real 'thing'

What do you know, I have a new puppy dog following me around humping my leg hoping to get some of my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What's even funnier, is that Trump used other people's money to get the bidding started. He hasn't put anything in his charity for a long time, it's all donations by others to his charity with his name on it.

Donald Trump hasn't donated to his own charity since 2008 - CNNPolitics

A review of the Trump Foundation's tax records by CNN finds that although the charity has received more than $4 million in contributions from other organizations and individuals and in turn donated millions to various charitable causes since 2009, Trump has not made any personal contributions to the foundation in that time.

The charity appears to have functioned in recent years as a conduit that disburses money donated by third-parties, such as World Wrestling Entertainment, which donated $1 million in 2009, and $500,000 in 2012 from NBC Universal, the company that contracted Trump's show "The Apprentice."

Philanthropy experts describe the practice as irregular since private family foundations traditionally fund charitable causes at least in part through their founder's personal wealth.

What do you know, I have a new puppy dog following me around humping my leg hoping to get some of my attention.

Yeah, the little crotch sniffer follows me around too on occasion.

lol

He is my latest stalker. There are a lot of folks on this board that have never accomplished anything in their lives so they can not comprehend someone that has

lol

He is my latest stalker. There are a lot of folks on this board that have never accomplished anything in their lives so they can not comprehend someone that has

Pure conjecture on your part.

lol

Educated guess

lol

I'm curious as how you know so much about the posters on this board? Or, is that you're just full of yourself.

lol

I'm curious as how you know so much about the posters on this board? Or, is that you're just full of yourself.

I pay attention to not only what people post but how they post it.

Meathead is an easy one, his gay jokes alone are enough to peg him as one of low intelligence.

:71: Such desperation. :71:

Yeah, the little crotch sniffer follows me around too on occasion.
Good descriptive name for him.

Well, I heard that you are a sperm burping rump ranger that blows longshoremen down on the dock for candy bars and spare change.

lol

Educated guess

Aka conjecture.

lol

Thanks, but I try to keep it low key.

Forum List

Back