MSNBC O'DONNELL 1,048,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 724,000
CNNHN GRACE 670,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 628,000
CNN COOPER 591,000
CNN KING 560,000
CNNHN BEHAR 339,000

His ratings are still up there.
Sure, a lot of times he can be doom and gloom, but a toxic force?

Yes, a toxic force. And it precisely BECAUSE his ratings are so far up there, that he is a DANGEROUS toxic force.

Might does not always make right, you know. A large viewing audience only means there are a lot of people who watch him. It says nothing about the content of his show or the intellectual capacity of his audience.

And an example of how Beck's blather is a toxic force is contained right in the OP quote:

Beck's message inspired Byron Williams to embark on a mission of violence -- an attempt to "start a revolution" by killing staff at progressive organizations, including frequent Beck target the Tides Foundation.

I'm sorry, but I don't blame Beck or his program for one deranged individual hell-bent on starting a revolution. I've watched Beck enough to know he promotes peace, not violence.

If that's the way you see Beck's message, there is little I can say. I don't see it that way at all. Neither do a lot of others.

Like so much of what Fox News does, it intentionally obscures the line between news reporting and news opinion. I would venture to say that quite a few people equate whatever Beck says to legitimate news reporting even though it obviously is not.
Like so much of what Media Matters does, it intentionally obscures the line between news reporting and news opinion. I would venture to say that quite a few people equate whatever Media Matters says to legitimate news reporting even though it obviously is not.

So whatever they may say is not worthy of comment or discussion? How very closed minded of you, to say the least.

We've watched as Fox News has gone from a conservative-leaning news source to an active political player -- but over the last two years, Fox has taken an even darker turn, aggressively pushing outright lies, over-the-top attacks, conspiracy theories, and heated, violent rhetoric. This sharp turn for the worse is epitomized by Glenn Beck, the self-described "progressive hunter" who paints the network's political adversaries as poisonous threats to freedom, faith and the Constitution.

Beck's falsehoods and dark prophecies of the nation's destruction have already had dangerous consequences. Beck's message inspired Byron Williams to embark on a mission of violence -- an attempt to "start a revolution" by killing staff at progressive organizations, including frequent Beck target the Tides Foundation.

Advertisers who sponsor Fox programming aren't just putting ads on a television network. They're actively paying to support a toxic force in our political climate, enabling the worst kind of incitement and deliberate misinformation.

Thousands of you have signed up to join our campaign to get advertisers to drop Fox. Companies who sponsor Fox need to make a choice. And they need to hear that from you.

So says Media Matters. How say you?

A request - please try and include your thoughts on the ISSUE here, along with the obligatory bashing of Media Matters. Thank you.

Have you looked at Media Matters? Without Fox News they'd have nothing to bitch about. Doesn't that give you a clue? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am a contributor to Media Matters. Have you looked at it?

George Soros is on a Jihad against non-State run media: Fox, Beck, Wall Street Journal, the Internet.

Right now he's running a coordinated attack on Fox and Beck through his subsidiaries: Media Matters, MoveOn, Huffington Post, etc.

Thankfully, the First Amendment is bigger than the ravings of a sociopath, no matter how wealthy he might be

Never mind that Media Matters speaks the truth, eh?

I want to thank all of you who have oozed onto this thread with your enlightening and penetrating comments. You have taught me a valuable lesson.

There is no point in quoting a source when putting up a quoted statement if that source is liberal in nature. There will be no discussion whatsoever of the issue raised - only ad hominem after ad hominem directed toward the source.

Henceforth, quotes will be quoted, and they will be acknowledged as such. The source itself will not appear, since it only causes deflection.

Last edited:
George Soros is on a Jihad against non-State run media: Fox, Beck, Wall Street Journal, the Internet.

Right now he's running a coordinated attack on Fox and Beck through his subsidiaries: Media Matters, MoveOn, Huffington Post, etc.

Thankfully, the First Amendment is bigger than the ravings of a sociopath, no matter how wealthy he might be

Never mind that Media Matters speaks the truth, eh?

Did the Beatles kill Sharon Tate? Were they responsible for her death?

these people are still in search of a brain; beck for instance is not Fox NEWS....what a joke this site is, really.

its very simple to simple for those simpletons perhaps- go add up all of nthe viewership nightly for cnn, abc, nbc, cbs, well mslsd too I guess than ad up foxs...the nets etc. have a HUGE advantage, but thats not enough you see, there will be NO opposing views allowed. And of course all of their programming is sweetness and light. buffoons.

Your argument that since Fox News has a larger viewing audience than the other networks, it must, therefore, be the best network is, well, laughable, I'm sorry to say.

Using that test, country and western music would be far superior to Mozart.

excuse me? my argument is exactly the opposite.....:eusa_eh:did you miss this;
the nets etc. have a HUGE advantage
etc.

these people are still in search of a brain; beck for instance is not Fox NEWS....what a joke this site is, really.

its very simple to simple for those simpletons perhaps- go add up all of nthe viewership nightly for cnn, abc, nbc, cbs, well mslsd too I guess than ad up foxs...the nets etc. have a HUGE advantage, but thats not enough you see, there will be NO opposing views allowed. And of course all of their programming is sweetness and light. buffoons.

Your argument that since Fox News has a larger viewing audience than the other networks, it must, therefore, be the best network is, well, laughable, I'm sorry to say.

Using that test, country and western music would be far superior to Mozart.

excuse me? my argument is exactly the opposite.....:eusa_eh:did you miss this;
the nets etc. have a HUGE advantage
etc.

I'm sorry - I guess I did miss what you were saying about Fox v. "the nets."

Forum List

Back