A Scoop Jackson IS Needed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I wish for a Daniel Moynihan all the time. That was when there were some honorable men in the legislature. :)laugh: Not that they couldn't fight, it's just that they thought some before doing so!)

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2002632662_sundayfroma20.html

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Interesting article, K.

Scoop was tough to unravel, but I think biographer Kaufman (a Jew) is probably wrong to say that Jackson would be "pleased" with his "disciples," Perle, Feith and Wolfowitz (interesting term for a group of Jews following a gentile!)

Perle, Feith and Wolfowitz flocked to Jackson becaue their loyalties were with Israel, not the United States, and back then, Jackson was a fierce opponent of the Soviet Union, which later supported Arabs. And, I gather he supported Israel, but not in the sort of way his Jewish acolytes did. It's also inaccurate to say that Scoop Jackson was the "father" of neoconservatism --- that "honor" goes to the Jewish red diaper babies in New York who correctly predicted that the Soviet Union would cease to be a useful vehicle for Jewish interests and that the U.S. military could serve them better. These are the Kristols, the Podhoretzes, the Krauthammers and the rest, aided and abetted by the all-Jewish "Commentary" and "Weekly Standard" magazines and the nearly all-Jewish "National Review."

Jackson was arguably more concerned with our nation than Israel, though his pro-Israel stance no doubt made him the Saint of Washington he's been deemed by Moynihan, George Will and other smart men who should know better. Unlike a true patriot, Joe McCarthy, who is today the Devil of Washington because he dared to oppose the Jewish communist takeover of our country. Witness Hollywood's never-ending denunciations of him (Geo. Clooney is the latest to engage).

I can't see Scoop Jackson supporting the War for Israel now unfolding in Iraq because he didn't exhibit nearly the same bloodlust for enemies of the Jews as the neocons. He was, unlike the Jewish neocons today, willing to criticize Israeli excesses. If his concern today was as then --- for American security --- he would support a less lopsided foreign policy with respect to Israel, which is the source of the threats to us.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Wow, I'm impressed that you got there from here. :beer: