a real soldier responds to Soulja boy that dissed our military

Rap's all good now, then, right? You respect this dude's music?

It's the message, not the method of delivery. There's some rap I like. It ain't bitches and hos and shootin' cops and gang-bangin' shit. That's just mindless lashing out and attention-whore posing, and doesn't deserve serious consideration.

Get it?

Sure I get it, but that's also stereotypical of a lot of alternative music and rock. It's everywhere, tbh.

Do you wish they all could be California Girls?
Not at all. Did you miss the part where I said there's some rap I like?

i was talking about the lyrics of kings of leon.......

They're cool. I just think that the niche they filled was quickly polluted and flooded.

I think of things like "Creed" and "Nickelback," and how they both started with a "harder" more alternative sound and then went onto making club songs. H-moes.

It's the message, not the method of delivery. There's some rap I like. It ain't bitches and hos and shootin' cops and gang-bangin' shit. That's just mindless lashing out and attention-whore posing, and doesn't deserve serious consideration.

Get it?

Sure I get it, but that's also stereotypical of a lot of alternative music and rock. It's everywhere, tbh.

You implied that rap is akin to the bitches hoes and shootin cops(except the Rap you like which yea, you made clear)..........., and I was merely pointing out that although Rap became more mainstream and overt about those things, they've been in music for a while now and weren't born there.

You implied that rap is akin to the bitches hoes and shootin cops(except the Rap you like which yea, you made clear)..........., and I was merely pointing out that although Rap became more mainstream and overt about those things, they've been in music for a while now and weren't born there.
But that's where they've wound up. They're doing no favors to the black community by glorifying that picture.

It's possible for a rap act to be successful without glorifying thug culture. Look at Will Smith.

But that's where they've wound up. They're doing no favors to the black community by glorifying that picture.

It's possible for a rap act to be successful without glorifying thug culture. Look at Will Smith.

They glorify it because they're trying to get out of it(the hood), and they see that glorifying it sells to the White consumer (the majority of their sales). It's an excellent business strategy, tbh.

They glorify it because they're trying to get out of it(the hood), and they see that glorifying it sells to the White consumer (the majority of their sales). It's an excellent business strategy, tbh.
And yet it still does no favors to the black community, does it?

Sure it does. They have a stranglehold on an entire genre of music and build from poverty to wealth by creating a consumer good. Good for them.

Sure it does. They have a stranglehold on an entire genre of music and build from poverty to wealth by creating a consumer good. Good for them.

Eminem is the highest grossing rap artist in the world. That doesn't exactly factor too well with that statement.

And that benefits only a small percentage of the black community. Meanwhile, it fosters negative stereotypes about blacks.

You think that's a good thing?

Eminem is the highest grossing rap artist in the world. That doesn't exactly factor too well with that statement.

Eminems entire posse is black, I know everything about his life. Yea, he's the best to ever do it numbers wise, but by and far it's a black-dominated genre. Don't be delusional.

Eminems entire posse is black, I know everything about his life. Yea, he's the best to ever do it numbers wise, but by and far it's a black-dominated genre. Don't be delusional.

How the fuck is that delusional?

But, to be honest, this Soldier's rapping is the epitome of why people hate Rap and especially hate white people rapping.

He has an overtly-forced urban accent, which wreaks of unoriginality and lack of leadership and it sounds phony as fawk. He's not a trend-setter he's the trend follower.

This song's message was legit and all, tho...fwiw
Eminem has done very well in the rap music and he is white as snow!!

Forum List

Back