A Question for Rightwingers

Would you support mandated concealed carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know I am wrong about some things. Who isn't?? But not this. Too many accidents happen and I just don't think it's worth it. Also, I don't get the feeling that people that just insist on carying guns are worried about protection. Look at Zimmerman. I just get the sense that he was not going to be happy until he shot someone. Look at his behavior!!! And I'm sure that there are plenty more like him. These are the fools I mentioned. Lastly, families have used a gun on each other in moments of extreme rage. And you don't get to go back and make a different decision. I'm against guns for many reasons.

At what point do liberals think you have a "right" to defend yourself? When you are jumped from the bushes? When you are being beaten? When someone is pounding your head on the concrete? When your brains start spilling from your broken skull? Please answer the questions.

When is it "worth" it? When you have enough money to hire bodyguards (that carry)? When the only people with guns are those subjugating the population? When someone with a gun is protecting you or your family? When a rabid dog is going after a child?

I get that "you" are against guns. Please wear a sign that says "I don't believe guns are necessary", and see how that works out for you. You seem to really enjoy the freedoms that gun ownership has provided for you, but now, you think it is okay to take away others' freedom (when you take away guns, liberty is the next to go). Take a serious look at history and how civilizations are taken down (first you disarm the population, and then when the gov't uses violence against the "subjects", there is no way to stop them).
You're talking to people who believe it's morally superior to get raped and/or murdered than to kill with a gun in self-defense.

That is just plain stupid right wing thinking.

Millions of Americans (law-abiding) carry every single day. Most of them never need to use the weapon (occasionally, they show it to a trouble maker and trouble STOPS). It must seem amazing to you (someone that believes if you are no threat, the aggressive and the bullies will ignore you), that there are that many people carrying with no incidences, day after day after day. You would think if they were the "fools" you judge them to be, there would be hundreds of shootings every day, and some places would be having shootouts at the parking lot (corral). Just goes to show that you, yes you, can be wrong about some things. Just think if you are that wrong about law-abiding citizens carrying weapons, what other areas have you misjudged?

I know I am wrong about some things. Who isn't?? But not this. Too many accidents happen and I just don't think it's worth it. Also, I don't get the feeling that people that just insist on carying guns are worried about protection. Look at Zimmerman. I just get the sense that he was not going to be happy until he shot someone. Look at his behavior!!! And I'm sure that there are plenty more like him. These are the fools I mentioned. Lastly, families have used a gun on each other in moments of extreme rage. And you don't get to go back and make a different decision. I'm against guns for many reasons.

Did you know that criminals prefer their victims unarmed?

How would you know??? Are you a criminal???

Did you know that criminals prefer their victims unarmed?

How would you know??? Are you a criminal???

OH SNAP!

Boom goes the dynamite.

At what point do liberals think you have a "right" to defend yourself? When you are jumped from the bushes? When you are being beaten? When someone is pounding your head on the concrete? When your brains start spilling from your broken skull? Please answer the questions.

When is it "worth" it? When you have enough money to hire bodyguards (that carry)? When the only people with guns are those subjugating the population? When someone with a gun is protecting you or your family? When a rabid dog is going after a child?

I get that "you" are against guns. Please wear a sign that says "I don't believe guns are necessary", and see how that works out for you. You seem to really enjoy the freedoms that gun ownership has provided for you, but now, you think it is okay to take away others' freedom (when you take away guns, liberty is the next to go). Take a serious look at history and how civilizations are taken down (first you disarm the population, and then when the gov't uses violence against the "subjects", there is no way to stop them).
You're talking to people who believe it's morally superior to get raped and/or murdered than to kill with a gun in self-defense.

That is just plain stupid right wing thinking.

Stupid left wing thinking is " the government knows how to take better care of me than I do."

i appreciate your consistency. :)

but auto insurance is ok?
what about seat belts
public safety
clean air and water
speed limits
food laws
sanitation ..just to name a few.

all have been mandated.
if you so called free thinking indahviguals....had your way
the air would be worse than it is
there would be gunfights at grocery stores where infected rotten food is sold ,washing it would not help because of the raw sewage in it
the roads would go un repaired .
just because you don't like mandates.

With the execption of the FDA, those are pretty much "state gov't" standards. Some places allow septic fields, others do not/ some allow wells, others do not, speed limits can be set by local communities.

Please list one other area that gov't is regulating that:
gives the gov't your bank account
sends the IRS as a "debt collector"
taxes every retirement account (disguised as "capital gains" on the rich tax)
changes the definition of femine hygiene products and toothbrushes to "medical devices" to tax them at a higher rate (talk about a war on women....)
etc, etc, etc
can you say missed the point completely ......I knew you could!

There is a city in Utah (I think) that mandates gun ownership for those that can legally carry. Waiver for those who can't aford a weapon.

and you're ok with that?

how does it differ from having to buy health insurance so you're not a moocher?

The town that required gun ownership is Kennesaw, Ga (Google it).

I don't approve of mandatory gun ownership or mandatory health insurance.
having the first almost grantees a need for the second.

All of the people voting yes are conservatives. That's more the point.

And those voting no, how many of them are not conservatives and supported obamacare, MY POINT.
off topic!

The whole fucking thread from the beginning is off topic.

heck no
AmericanFirst, amrchaos, Avatar4321, Avorysuds, Baltbelieve, bigrebnc1775, bripat9643, Charles_Main, Clementine, Conservative, daveman, daws101, dblack, deaddogseye, Desperado, Dick Tuck, Dr.Drock, Dreadnaught1968, elvis, Ernie S., flacaltenn, Freewill, Full-Auto, Gem, Grampa Murked U, hjmick, hortysir, Intense, Jroc, JWBooth, Kevin_Kennedy, Mad Scientist, Meister, midcan5, NBarnes12, Nosmo King, paulitician, Pheonixops, PredFan, Rinata, salem.hills, The Professor, Two Thumbs, WillowTree, Zander, Zoom-boing

WHEN DID YOU OR ANY OF THE HIGHLIGHTED BECOME RIGHT WINGERS?

And those voting no, how many of them are not conservatives and supported obamacare, MY POINT.
off topic!

heck no
AmericanFirst, amrchaos, Avatar4321, Avorysuds, Baltbelieve, bigrebnc1775, bripat9643, Charles_Main, Clementine, Conservative, daveman, daws101, dblack, deaddogseye, Desperado, Dick Tuck, Dr.Drock, Dreadnaught1968, elvis, Ernie S., flacaltenn, Freewill, Full-Auto, Gem, Grampa Murked U, hjmick, hortysir, Intense, Jroc, JWBooth, Kevin_Kennedy, Mad Scientist, Meister, midcan5, NBarnes12, Nosmo King, paulitician, Pheonixops, PredFan, Rinata, salem.hills, The Professor, Two Thumbs, WillowTree, Zander, Zoom-boing

please show me were on this thread it states right wingers only....

off topic!

heck no

please show me were on this thread it states right wingers only....
The title of the thread you moron.

Last edited:
So...the question isn't really for rightwingers...it's okay for people posing as rightwingers to pretend vote?

Got it.

Pretty much the way dems run elections, too.

Gun laws shouldn't be politicized so. We got firepower from the Constitution to ensure that government was not acting like King George of England during Revolutionary War times.

Our founders thought too much federal power would be a stink that would never go away.

Why bring it back on with strong-arm politics?

We'd be right back where we started from at the time of the Boston Tea Party.

That's plumb dopey. :evil:

Oh, and I do not own a gun. I get enough protection just by talking. I even talked a home invader into leaving my house immediately, no harm no foul. :lmao:

Last edited:
I don't think there's any question that rightwingers aren't pro-mandated heat packing.

It's just a bait thread.

And I imagine the ppl who voted yes did so tongue in cheek, or aren't really right wingers at all.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
You can CHOOSE not to buy health coverage.

Then you'll pay a tax.

OH THE FUCKING CONUNDRUM CONSERVATIVES ARE IN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not really a choice when one alternative is punished by the government, is it?

By that logic, making abortion illegal is still freedom of choice.

It's still a choice, is it not? And considering that the alternative to paying the tax is affordable health care coverage, what's there to really bitch about? Seriously, why are Conservatives so against the individual mandate when it was a Conservative think tank idea?
News flash: It's a bad idea no matter who came up with it. Well, at least to anyone who values the Constitution.

Meanwhile, some people can think for themselves and don't need their opinions dictated to them by a think tank or talking head or the media.

Give it a shot!

Forum List

Back