A Question About The Kitzmiller Trial

Steven_R

Tommy Vercetti Fan Club
Jul 17, 2013
As we approach the Kitzmas season, I think back to the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial. But as I was making my dinner (poached eggs, corned beef hash, and a buttered English muffin if anyone is interested), something occurred to me.

The position of the school board and their defenders is that Intelligent Design is a real scientific approach and that the school board's position was never motivated at all by religion.

But...

...but...

...if the school board's policy and motives were not at all religiously motivated (and certainly not by a fundamentalist Christian viewpoint), but pick the Thomas More Law Center to represent them, a law center that billed itself as "...the sword and shield for people of faith."?

About the Thomas More Law Center - Thomas More Law Center

As we approach the Kitzmas season, I think back to the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial. But as I was making my dinner (poached eggs, corned beef hash, and a buttered English muffin if anyone is interested), something occurred to me.

The position of the school board and their defenders is that Intelligent Design is a real scientific approach and that the school board's position was never motivated at all by religion.

But...

...but...

...if the school board's policy and motives were not at all religiously motivated (and certainly not by a fundamentalist Christian viewpoint), but pick the Thomas More Law Center to represent them, a law center that billed itself as "...the sword and shield for people of faith."?

About the Thomas More Law Center - Thomas More Law Center

ID is Creationism with a different name. But unlike Creationism which uses religious ideas overtly, ID uses pseudo-science as cover. ID exists only to teach Creationism in places where Creationism is banned. All it is.

Oh, I get that. ID was nothing but creationism with a new coat of paint and the motives of Bill Buckingham and friends was nothing more than a way to jam Godditit in the classroom.

I'm just wondering if ID really is a scientific proposition and not about putting Jesus in a biology class, why would the school board pick a law firm that specializes in defending Christianity in the courtroom?

Forum List

Back