A prime minister with blood on his hands

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Colin, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Colin

Colin Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,660
    If there was ever a case for sending more British troops to Afghanistan, the recent survey showing the high rate of fatalities taken by British forces is a case in point. The analysis shows a death rate of 16.2 per 1000 during the summer surge, almost twice that of US forces during the same period. Yet the twat of a prime minister, Gordon Brown, offers the possibility of sending a measly 500 extra troops, when commanders on the ground have consistently called for reinforcements of at least 2000. When will these self-serving bastards, who are quick to commit our young men and women to fight their wars, provide them with the capabilities to do their job properly. When will they heed the advice of their military experts instead of counting their damned pennies. Clearly, a soldier’s life is worth less than a balanced budget!

2. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I agree with you Colin. Our men and women need the necessary equipment to do the duty they're being sent over there for. We had that problem here in the states and still do.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  3. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,701
    Be lucky? I do believe you missed his point altogether. You may want to read it again.

4. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I did and was editing it. It being 5 am, your mind plays tricks on you. :lol:

5. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,701
    LOL. I can understand that.

6. Colin

Colin Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,660
    Commanders on the ground continue to highlight the shortcomings in troop numbers, but still the bastard Brown refuses to listen!

7. tigerbob

tigerbob Increasingly jaded.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +972
    One would have thought that dear Gordon would have found a way to provide the additional resources, not because he thinks it's the right thing to do. but because it's an election year.

The man never ceases to depress me. He doesn't even do the right thing for the wrong reasons.

8. Colin

Colin Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,660
    Just picked this report up:

So Brown's intent to send a measly 500 extra troops is conditional on other NATO allies sharing the burden. Fat chance of that then. The Canadians are withdrawing within two years. The Dutch have just announced their intent to pull out within the same time period and as for the rest of the NATO countries...they have the nerve to call themselves allies.

How surprising that we should see politicians like Brown using extra troops as a bargaining chip while our young men are dying. I've changed my mind. Brown isn't a twat. He is a c**t of the first order!

I have supported this war from the outset. No more. If these bastards won't give our troops what they require, all future efforts in Afghanistan are futile. If our fucking politicians can't piss, they should get off the pot and let the military do what is required . Failing that, we should pull all British troops out.

9. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    This saddens me, makes me mad, and frightens me. And all we can do is sit back, worry, and pray for those soldiers to come home safe to their loved ones.

10. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    sending troops to the graveyard of empires is idiotic......smartest thing bush did was move that war to the streets of iraq.....

obama is going to go fight in the moutains.....idiot....