German Publisher, Fearing Muslim Retaliation, Cancels Honor-Killing Novel

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
German Publisher, Fearing Muslim Retaliation, Cancels Honor-Killing Novel - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

A German book publisher has canceled a novel about Islamic "honor killings," fearing that the book would offend the Muslim community and put him in danger. Critics of the decision call it a cowardly move, but others say the publisher is simply being responsible.

Gabriele Brinkmann, the author of "To Whom Honor is Due," has been speaking out about the cancellation of her book.

“It’s a scandal for a publisher to tuck its tail between its legs. This is anticipatory obedience," Brinkmann said, according to the German newspaper Die Tageszeitung.

So was the Publisher right in doing this? Thoughts? Comments?

German Publisher, Fearing Muslim Retaliation, Cancels Honor-Killing Novel - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

A German book publisher has canceled a novel about Islamic "honor killings," fearing that the book would offend the Muslim community and put him in danger. Critics of the decision call it a cowardly move, but others say the publisher is simply being responsible.

Gabriele Brinkmann, the author of "To Whom Honor is Due," has been speaking out about the cancellation of her book.

“It’s a scandal for a publisher to tuck its tail between its legs. This is anticipatory obedience," Brinkmann said, according to the German newspaper Die Tageszeitung.

So was the Publisher right in doing this? Thoughts? Comments?

<<<

The Islamic terrorists have won. People are afraid to say anything against them, even when it's the truth. I hope the author self-publishes, I'll be one of the first to buy the book.

<<<

The Islamic terrorists have won. People are afraid to say anything against them, even when it's the truth. I hope the author self-publishes, I'll be one of the first to buy the book.

The ironic thing is this book that may had not sold a lot of copies before will definitely do so now. So the German Publisher has accidentally just driven up demand for the book.

Time to get a new publisher. And once the book is written, make sure your affairs are in order and specify whether you want your head buried with your body upon death.

<<<

The ironic thing is this book that may had not sold a lot of copies before will definitely do so now. So the German Publisher has accidentally just driven up demand for the book.

And the truth about Islamic "honor killings" will become well known throughout the world. Don't ya just love "irony"?

Time to get a new publisher. And once the book is written, make sure your affairs are in order and specify whether you want your head buried with your body upon death.

If the Islamics kill this writer they will only be proving all the negatives that have been said against them. When is the world going to wake up? When it's too late?

And the truth about Islamic "honor killings" will become well known throughout the world. Don't ya just love "irony"?

Of course. I thought that recent court case brought a good deal of well needed attention to "honor killings."

Forum List

Back