A poll for the center right. Please vote as I am going somewhere with the results.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Oct 30, 2011.

?

Which Obama attribute is a contributing factor for the stagnation of our economy?

1. Lack of experience

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Agenda first country second

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,870
    Sorry lefties, no options for you as I only want center right answers for a future thought.

2. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,870
    I am not voting but I really hope you guys will. I do have plans for the results.

For now I have to head out to meet clients so ill check in later.

Thanks

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,413
    Somewhat leading....won't ya say?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Freewill

Freewill Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,992
    Sorry can't answer, all of the above is not one of the answers.

Besides, what stagnation do you speak of? What major piece of legislation, other then this latest attempt to score political points with the "jobs bill." Was not passed by congress? I can't think of one. The stagnation you see is because of Obama's doing not because of stagnation.

5. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Neither, obviously.

There is no ‘Obama attribute’ contributing to the stagnation of our economy.

The economy is stagnant as a consequence of the December 2007 recession; the result of that recession, among other things, is a dead housing market and consumers drowning in debt, these are the two most damaging factors contributing to the current economic situation.

The idea that a given president has some direct effect on the status of the economy is naïve and ignorant, the position of a partisan hack.

It’s Congress’ responsibility to enact legislation designed to address a given economic issue. The administration may draft proposals and recommend them to Congress, but it’s ultimately the Legislative Branch’s responsibility.

The government can help with programs for those adversely effected, such as unemployment compensation and jobs and training programs, various stimulus measures, and by using its resources to at least get the economy moving in the right direction, given the fact the private sector is unable or unwilling to participate and consumers, the traditional ‘engine’ of the economy, in no position or mood to spend.

In reality, however, neither the Executive nor Legislative can have much of a positive effect on such a badly damaged economy; it will heal in its own time, in its own manner.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,870
    In between clients. Not enough votes to do anything with

7. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    I agree.
    It is neither lack of experience or his agenda. It is his worldview that sees wealth as simply existing and whoever wants it can reach out and grab it. Thus no one is entitled to wealth any more than anyone else. Uneven distribution is the result of inherent racism and unfairness.The gov't facilitates wealth distribution by helping "weaker" people against the stronger.

The only thing worse than this view is the fact that some people actually believe it.

8. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,413
    I think it has something to do with teleprompters

9. Dragon

Dragon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +579
    Not really. If I understand him he's trying to poll right-of-center posters on USMB to find out which of the two options is more commonly believed by those posters. It's assumed that anyone on the left, like thee and me, either support Obama or oppose him for left-leaning reasons not encompassed by those choices. We're not supposed to vote in the poll (and I haven't).

So far we haven't had any righties posting in this thread, which makes me wonder if the choices are good ones even around those parameters.

10. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,870
    This poll was less about Obama than what everyone us assuming. I merely wanted to know how many people contributed his lack of experience to our current issues both in DC and the economy.

The reason for this is I wanted to see if that analogy could then be applied to Cain. I am concerned about his lack of experience. However is seems neither the left nor the right seem to think its an issue. In fact some in here found it necessary to make a point about how stupid this theory was so I will assume that those of you who mentioned that will not bring it up as concerned to Cain.

Personally it did concern me with Obama and will again with Cain.