A personal note to Climate Change Deniers

Remember, kids, the planet will catch fire unless we elect Biden.

That's the threat that that side is now making. Elect biden or else the Antifa/Black Lies Matter terrorists will burn everything down.
Vote Democrat 2020: That's A Nice Country You Have There. Be A Shame If Something Happened To It

The subject is not current emissions.

LOL!

In 20 years, they'll have left us in the dust unless something changes real quick

You lied when you said, "They've left us in the dust pal"

So, how many new nuclear power plants should we build?

Yes, on investments in infrastructure and clean energy they HAVE left us in the dust ...
While Dear Leader has done NOTHING.

I'll pass on more nukes until we can figure out what to do with the waste.

One day in a nuclear age
They may understand our rage
They build machines that they can't control
And bury the waste in a great big hole
Deadly for twelve thousand years
Is Carbon-14

Last edited:
It seems that the areas where the fires are have active Antifa chapters, where the cities are burning too....

But ain't it amazing how the fires stop at the canadian border where there are no BLM/antifa?

That's one helluva cowinkydink!

LOL!

In 20 years, they'll have left us in the dust unless something changes real quick

Yes, on investments in infrastructure and clean energy they HAVE left us in the dust ...

One day in a nuclear age
Deadly for ten thousand years
Is Carbon-14

CO2 is an existential threat, 12 years until it kills us, or was AOC lying?

Is Carbon-14

Sting, still an idiot.

It seems that the areas where the fires are have active Antifa chapters, where the cities are burning too....

But ain't it amazing how the fires stop at the canadian border where there are no BLM/antifa?

That's one helluva cowinkydink!

Facebook (Russian likely) conspiracies all debunked by fire officials should not be repeated.
Just STOP it - Links provided earlier in thread.

LOL!

One day in a nuclear age
Is Carbon-14

Is Carbon-14

Sting, still an idiot.

I'm not an AOC fan or a New Green Deal Fan.
Neither is Uncle Joe - So stop repeating THAT lie.
Sting? He could intellectually run circles around your sad ass. :)

I also had little fuel in my truck too sparse to attempt a run south.
Well, the ironic bright side is that unlike the deniers who probably had plenty of gas to flee with, you did your part in fighting climatechange by not having enough gas and not leaving a larger carbon footprint and that is what counts here.

Sadly most of our vehicles still run on fossil fuel.
If you can give me 80 grand, I'll opt for a super cool new Tesla.
Until then, my carbon footprint is quite small putting maybe 5k miles on my truck each year.
My home here in LC is modest - 1600 sf with a beautiful ocean view and energy efficient EVERYTHING.
I can give you my PayPal info if you'd like to send me money! ;)

Well, the ironic bright side is that unlike the deniers who probably had plenty of gas to flee with, you did your part in fighting climatechange by not having enough gas and not leaving a larger carbon footprint and that is what counts here.

Until then, my carbon footprint is quite small putting maybe 5k miles on my truck each year.
My home here in LC is modest - 1600 sf with a beautiful ocean view and energy efficient EVERYTHING.
I thought you were arguing against climate change caused by CO2 emissions....

My bad....

Huge hopes have been tied to electric cars as the solution to automotive CO2 climate problem. But it turns out the the electric car batteries are eco-villains in the production process of creating them. Several tons of carbon dioxide has been emitted, even before the batteries leave the factory.

IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute was commissioned by the Swedish Transport Administration and the Swedish Energy Agency to investigate litium-ion batteries climate impact from a life cycle perspective. There are batteries designed for electric vehicles included in the study. The two authors Lisbeth Dahllöf and Mia Romare has done a meta-study that is reviewed and compiled existing studies.

The report shows that the battery manufacturing leads to high emissions. For every kilowatt hour of storage capacity in the battery generated emissions of 150 to 200 kilos of carbon dioxide already in the factory. The researchers did not study individual brand batteries, how these were produced, or the electricity mix they use. But if we understand the great importance of the battery here is an example: Two common electric cars on the market, the Nissan Leaf and the Tesla Model S, the batteries about 30 kWh and 100 kWh.

Even before buying the car emissions occurred, corresponding to approximately 5.3 tons and 17.5 tons of Carbon Dioxide. The numbers can be difficult to relate to. As a comparison, a trip for one person round trip from Stockholm to New York by air causes the release of more than 600 kilograms of carbon dioxide, according to the UN organization ICAO calculation.

Another conclusion of the study is that about half the emissions arising from the production of raw materials and half the production of the battery factory. The mining accounts for only a small proportion of between 10-20 percent.

dude, that post has little or no logic and reason as in how it pertains to my post, if I thought money would help you I would send it, but I think this will better help you...try humming some kumbaya while knitting a quilt to get ya through this thing.

Last edited:

My bad....

And yet again, your sources SUUUUUUCK!! :D

Watts Up with That - Conspiracy - Fake news - Not credible - Right BiasWatts Up with that - Pseudoscience - Conspiracy - Fake - Junk Science - Bias

Factual Reporting: Low - Not Credible - Not Reliable - Fake News - Bias

CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE

• Overall, we rate Watts Up with That a strong pseudoscience and conspiracy website based on the promotion of consistent human influenced climate denialism propaganda.

dude, that post has little or no logic and reason in as how it pertains to my post, if I thought money would help you I would send it, but I think this will better help you...try humming some kumbaya while knitting a quilt to get ya through this thing.

Okay, that ^ was reasonably funny. Thanks! :cool:

My bad....

Watts Up with That - Conspiracy - Fake news - Not credible - Right BiasWatts Up with that - Pseudoscience - Conspiracy - Fake - Junk Science - Bias

CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE

• Overall, we rate Watts Up with That a strong pseudoscience and conspiracy website based on the promotion of consistent human influenced climate denialism propaganda.
Coming from a left wing puke site...... Now that's funny!!! Any site that challenges the communist narrative is low.... You are a fucking idiot... Keep denying the real science fool... IT will come and bite you in the ass real soon!

I would take the multi-disciplinary reviews of Watt's Site over your peer review any day of the week...

Y'all don't see that extreme weather events of all kinds as evidence that you consistently ignore. Move to CA, OR or WA right now if you don't believe it. I live on the Central Coast Oregon and had to evacuate. When I came back yesterday, my house was still here but only due to an act of God - The weather changed from 60-80 MPH hot east winds to the more normal cool air off the Pacific Ocean. If it had changed one day later, my neighbors and I would have lost our homes and everything in them. The fire would likely have burned all the way down to the beach.

Lincoln County (particularly the coastal section) has never had a fire such as this. It is unprecedented. Let me repeat U-N-P-R-E-C-E-D-E-N-T-E-D. We get 40-50 inches of rain each year which makes us damn near fireproof. No mas, and If you Deniers had live through what I just did ya might feel differently. No phone service, no power, no place to go because the hotels were all shut down and the ones open an hour or two away were full up. I also had little fuel in my truck too sparse to attempt a run south. 101 northbound was closed. And of course, 101 southbound was a parking lot with everyone and their dogs attempting to flee.

So my dog and I camped in a state park on the beach for three days, trying as best we could to stay inside as ashes about the width of a baseball rained down rained ONTO THE FREAKING BEACH. wondering whether my home was still there as I looked up on occasion at the flames. Red Cross brought us hot food and coffee from time to time. They saved our asses to put it mildly as by Wednesday my provisions were about gone. Let me tell you, it was THE scariest thing I've ever experienced. You never want to hear a cop roll down your street with the speaker blaring saying - "This is your Level Three Notification ... LEAVE NOW!!". I was prepared, but nothing really prepares you for that kind of stress. NOTHING.

A state trooper came by Wednesday morning and based on my address, said It'd be safe to return home but that we're still on a Level One notice, so my suitcase is still packed. Made it home on fumes but still was no power Wi-Fi or phone service (land line OR cell) until this morning. Was lucky to find a nearby gas station open early this morning before the power went out AGAIN.

Hey, I'm not looking for anyone to feel sorry for those affected by these sorts of things. Even those who have lost their homes. Life comes at ya sometimes and you deal with it. I'm lucky beyond belief to this point in time. But the frequency and intensity of these weather events, especially the historically unprecedented ones such as we just had here on the coast would be enough to make even the most hardcore Denier think twice.

Donald will probably deny the west coast federal assistance because we didn't rake our forest floors well enough and he hates our governors. Sad

I think Dana7360 lives in my general vicinity. You okay?

While I have no idea how this is supposed to be climate change advocation, I do hope you are well. Your dog deserves to have someone to look after him.

All the best.

LOL!

One day in a nuclear age
Is Carbon-14

Is Carbon-14

Sting, still an idiot.

I'm not an AOC fan or a New Green Deal Fan.
Neither is Uncle Joe - So stop repeating THAT lie.
Sting? He could intellectually run circles around your sad ass. :)

Sting? He could intellectually run circles around your sad ass.

If he thinks C-14 is deadly for 10,000 years, he's dumber than you.

Electric vehicles will not replace ICE vehicles until you can charge the battery to full from empty just as quick as you can fill up a tank of gas.

So Antifa sends out folks to burn down the west coast. . . and Dr. Love tells us this is "proof of AGW?"

. .. that's rich.

Have you ever met a conspiracy theory you didn't fall in love with? Stop getting your "news" from Facebook.
I'm sure that Dear Leader will start repeating your stupid nonsense however. :rolleyes:

Dude, it wasn't a conspiracy, I saw an actual report from a legitimate news source. My apologies.

My bad....

CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE

Coming from a left wing puke site...... Now that's funny!!! Any site that challenges the communist narrative is low.... You are a fucking idiot... Keep denying the real science fool... IT will come and bite you in the ass real soon!

I would take the multi-disciplinary reviews of Watt's Site over your peer review any day of the week...
How about a "treehugger" site???

The factory is in the middle of nowhere, really -- 23 miles from the nearest city of any size, Reno, Nevada. If we assume that this is the average distance workers are commuting (and it is likely a lot farther), that the cars are powered by gasoline, and that they are average size, then according to the EPA they pump out about 411 grams of CO2 per mile or 18.9 kilograms per round trip. Multiply that by 3,000 and you have 57 tonnes of CO2 generated every day just by the the workers driving to the factory. The average car puts out 4.7 tonnes per year. So every day that the Gigafactory workers drive to work to make batteries for carbon-saving electric cars, they generate as much CO2 as 12 conventional cars do in a year.

Commenters also noted in our post on hydrogen powered cars that there is a significant environmental impact in the mining of the lithium, cobalt, and nickel that go into the batteries. Lithium is actually not so bad; most of it is extracted from brines that are evaporated by the sun. According to the Financial Times,

Chile’s SQM, one of the largest producers of lithium from brine, said more than 97 per cent of its energy comes from the sun, and other types of energy is only used for pumping and transporting the brine to its plants. It estimates it produces 1 tonne of C02 [sic] per tonne of lithium carbonate produced.

However, more and more lithium is being sourced through hard rock mining and its footprint is increasing.

Then you have to look at the fact that the battery doesn't charge itself....

Since you can't create energy out of nothing, you have to use energy (probably from fossil fuels), and accept a net loss of energy with the battery charge....

Maybe we should start calling you Dr Dumbass....

Forum List

Back