A parent is the perpetrator in most homicides of children under age 5

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Why doesn't the Bible address this? Were parents of old not so honey-let's-kill-the-baby crazy or was it no big deal? Maybe Jews are less likely to starp bombs on their children? I don't know, but the Bible seems to have so many opinions and laws against practices. Why no mention of this shit?

or is there a mention?

A parent is the perpetrator in most homicides of children under age 5.

Note: Parents includes stepparents.

Of all children under age 5 murdered from 1976-2005 --

* 31% were killed by fathers
* 29% were killed by mothers
* 23% were killed by male acquaintances
* 7% were killed by other relatives
* 3% were killed by strangers

Of those children killed by someone other than their parent, 81% were killed by males.
- A child needs a mommy and a daddy? not if they are very young it seems.

Last edited:
First: Duh ... how many kids do you know capable or even interested in this.

Secondly: The percentages have not changed, it's the number of cases only that has, because of the larger population. This has been around since the dawn of humanity and will not likely go away, but there is still no actual increase in chances.

More than that, the MSM chooses not to address this. Instead, they focus on sensationalizing and manufacturing myths about allegedly explosive rates of youth crime.

Why doesn't the Bible address this? Were parents of old not so honey-let's-kill-the-baby crazy or was it no big deal? Maybe Jews are less likely to starp bombs on their children? I don't know, but the Bible seems to have so many opinions and laws against practices. Why no mention of this shit?

or is there a mention?

not if they are very young it seems.

I don't know. Luckily, my dad wasnt successful in killing me when I was little. he he......or maybe unluckily depending on how you look at it:razz:

I think I am, considering the inability of religious fundamentalists here (such as AllieBabble) to respond to the most elementary textual criticism of the Bible.

More than that, the MSM chooses not to address this. Instead, they focus on sensationalizing and manufacturing myths about allegedly explosive rates of youth crime.

actually, the amount of children killed by parents pales in comparison to youth on youth violence.

Annually, about 600 children are killed in the U.S., most of them by parents.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Infanticide

In comparison, juvenile offenders (those under 18), are responsible for literally thousands of violent crimes:

These are 2007 statistics:

Murder: 796
Robbery: 20,963
Aggravated Assault: 37,173
Arson: 5,037

Total Violent Crime: 61,343

Now, UCR only reports on arrested person data which means that the overall rate of victimization by juveniles towards juveniles and others is not known.

However, the national crime victimization survey (BJA, 2005), noted from self-report data that juveniles are victimized at a rate of 2.5 times that of adults and that MOST of those crimes are committed by OTHER JUVENILES.

Juveniles make up a disproportionately small percentage of the population considering their rate of violent offending.

However, in all fairness, the most criminally involved group is 18-24 year olds, and juvenile crime rates have dropped substantially from their highs in the early to mid 1990s. I would say that gangs played a huge role in those high levels of violence.

Last edited:
I think I am, considering the inability of religious fundamentalists here (such as AllieBabble) to respond to the most elementary textual criticism of the Bible.

Generally speaking, the more hardcore the adherent, the less capable he/she is of critical thought and discussion about the religious concepts and/or scripture.

Now I'm definitely a supporter of a mother's right to choose to abort an unwanted child.

But I definitely think that aborting a 5 year old is a tad too liberal ...even for me.

The bible does address it, though I fail to see how this is an issue that in any way pertains to Christianity.

I have brought this up so many times in the gun debate, when some bozo like Chris makes up numbers about how many people are killed by guns each year. More children die from battery, generally at the hands of dads or mom's boyfriends, which, using the reasoning that is used for the anti-gun crowd to eradicate guns means we need to eradicate men, bare hands, boyfriends, or all three. Also walls, since many of these kids are bashed against walls.

The bible does address it, though I fail to see how this is an issue that in any way pertains to Christianity.

because Christians in America and elsewhere are on a campaign to show that marriage is so sacred and that marriages are for having children and that children need a mommy and a daddy? one can do statistics to show how dangerous Christian parents can be to the health of a child.

I have brought this up so many times in the gun debate, when some bozo like Chris makes up numbers about how many people are killed by guns each year. More children die from battery, generally at the hands of dads or mom's boyfriends, which, using the reasoning that is used for the anti-gun crowd to eradicate guns means we need to eradicate men, bare hands, boyfriends, or all three. Also walls, since many of these kids are bashed against walls.

One strange thing is that this actually spans more topics.

Statistically more child murders are committed by their own parents than any others. So I see the connection to christianity, since they claim it is the dominant religion in the US then most child murderers would be christian.

Forum List

Back