A Non-Believer's Perception of Christianity and Its Adherents

well if god does exist and certain interpretations are correct that is pretty much what will happen.....

Making that statement, Manu, just lends credibility to non-believers to feel threatened by Christianity; to resentment Christians for dogmatic beliefs in others' inferiority. Its why there is strife between faiths. Its why non-believers like JBeukema, #1Homo, Huggy, and many others attack religious people with insults instead of reason and openness.

I don't know if you believe that way, but that is, from the perspective of non-believers, the very reason for much of the problems we have with, and we perceive the world has because of religion. That kind of mentality easily translates to a desire for forced imposition of "righteous" beliefs and values onto others who differ.

No problemo.

Uh-oh.

Now as an educated person whose taken Spanish classes and traveled to Spanish-speaking countries (making me somewhat worldy) I know that "No problemo" is incorrect. In Spanish the word for "problem" is feminine (interestingly), and so to properly say, "No problem" in Spanish, one would say or write "No problema"

Tsk tsk.

So what were you saying about being better educated, more intelligent, and more worldly?

Honey, my sister's Hispanic housecleaner knows that, and she only has a 5th grade education.

It's vernacular. It doesn't matter if it's correct or not, it's a phrase that's used and accepted at face value.

It's vernacular. It doesn't matter if it's correct or not, it's a phrase that's used and accepted at face value.

Okay, just calm down. I said I was just teasing you. Go ahead and relax now. Step away from the keyboard, go take a bubble bath with calming oils and candles. Smoke a joint. Pray if you need to. You'll feel better and you'll come back ready to take on those godless liberals again.

Funny how talk about religion, which is supposed to bring people together, generally ends up making people mad.

They lack the intellect to refute any of the points made, so they become violent. Just look at their god and the biblically ordered genocides to see what all christians believe in their heart. They follow an evil god- their own bible shows that their god is worse than Satan. who tried to save them from the malicious being they follow

Faith is that which surpasseth all understanding.

You cannot UNDERSTAND other people's faith...not even by understanding their religion.

So if you're seeking to get it, by pointing out the logical inconsistencies of their faith?​

All you can do is alienate those of faith.​

They cannot explain those inconsistencies even though a lot of believers think they can and try to do so, too.​

Faith is NOT logical.​

Religion isn't logical.​

We are ALL surviving on little more than faith.​
[/qquote]

Faith = ignorane

If not faith in GOD, or some religion, then faith in ourselves or something that we can see in this world.​

But seriously, if you look at life LOGICALLY, I mean if you look at it with absolutely no faith in SOMETHING, none of us would bother to get out of bed in the morning.​

Logically speaking...life itself is entirely pointless.​

Really, now. Care to back that up?

. I never write posts like JBeukema, or ObamaBinLaden, or #1Homo, or Huggy which are just flat-out stupid insults. .

HEY! I defend every insult and attack upon their character and intellect with reasonable and logical examples of their ignorance and fallacies. I present the case and I present the evidence- my arguments are sound. That I include a personal note at the end does not detract from those points. It is the delusional fools who respond who launch personal attacks without presenting any evidence for their case or logical argument- they rely on ad homs and evasion

Its why non-believers like JBeukema, #1Homo, Huggy, and many others attack religious people with insults instead of reason and openness.

I object! You present a false dichotomy, misrepresent 80% of my posts, and imply that i rely on ad hom attacks. The picture you paint is simply not accurate. As I said before, i present the evidence and defend my points with logic and sound reasoning. That I may also draw, as an aside, the personal conclusion that I am speaking to opponents as intelligent as a brick wall who swallow dogma like a cheap whore swallows- well, you get the idea-does not in any way reasonable detract form my logic or the points made.

Its why non-believers like JBeukema, #1Homo, Huggy, and many others attack religious people with insults instead of reason and openness.

I object! You present a false dichotomy, misrepresent 80% of my posts, and imply that i rely on ad hom attacks. The picture you paint is simply not accurate. As I said before, i present the evidence and defend my points with logic and sound reasoning. That I may also draw, as an aside, the personal conclusion that I am speaking to opponents as intelligent as a brick wall who swallow dogma like a cheap whore swallows- well, you get the idea-does not in any way reasonable detract form my logic or the points made.

I was sort of explaining why you insult the faithful: because they dogmatically assume that their beliefs are the only true beliefs and so everyone else is wrong, and that causes people who don't believe, like us, to resent them personally.

And, even if you use sound logic and reasoning in your arguments and replies, it only ruins any point you might make. They're minds, which probably weren't open in the first place, will slam shut to anything you have to say.

It also paints us in a bad light to believers. I don't wish to be represented, at least, anymore than I already represent myself, that way.

It discredits us. It discredits our logic and reasoning.

only to those incapable of logic and reasoning in the first place. If you go tread nmy posts, you'll see that time and agai I get the same response everytime I cite their own doctrine and book to show the self-contradiction of their faith: silence

They don't even try to defend themselves anymore- they just go silent or go on the attack. We're supposed to respect such lunacy and hypocrisy simply because of their numbers?

Forum List

Back