A new hand cannon?

Try this one:

The-Judge.jpg

I've been considering getting a couple of these. One for each of my cars.

What about the Micro-Eagle in .380 ACP?

Where you gonna find ammo? I can find rounds all day long for my .45 acp, but .380 are about as rare as an old LaSalle.
You have to order online and say a prayer, I suppose. I haven't checked in a while...there still an ammo shortage?

Actually not, unless you want .380 rounds. Why .380? I don't really know. I can buy .223 without much problem, and at prices not far above what they were when the run began in Nov. '08. Same for .45 and .357 magnum.

Bersa has a well made, reliable, and reasonably priced 9 that I would suggest. The Thunder 9. Its available in black and nickle. Not much bigger than the .380, and ammunition can be found. Its a decent choice for the wife/hideout/ankle holster/oh shit gun.
bersa_thunder9_SS_large.gif

Last edited:
I'd like it more if they didn't want so much for it. I've been wanting one for carrying on the tractor. Shooting rabbits off of the place when I mow. Damn things are hell on my garden the last couple of years.

It's less than $500 brand new! Maybe there are government funds available.

So I'm old and can remember when I could get a new S&W Model 66 for less than $200.

I like the gun, I just don't think the price tag is justified.

It's less than $500 brand new! Maybe there are government funds available.

So I'm old and can remember when I could get a new S&W Model 66 for less than $200.

I like the gun, I just don't think the price tag is justified.

I hear 'ya. Gun prices have gone up significantly over the years. I remember buying a S&W 357 at a shop in Dallas in the 80s for less than $200.

I'm not too excited about a Taurus Judge, mostly because it's a gimmick gun.

"COOL! I can shoot bullets AND shotgun shells! This is awesome!"

Not so much when you look at what sort of implications that has. In order to not be classified as a Short Barreled Shotgun (SBS for those in the know), it has to have rifling. Rifling with standard shot is terrible as it makes all but the most point blank shots nearly impossible to connect. In order to mitigate this effect, micro rifling was used, though this only lessen the issue. And likewise it makes shooting with actually bullets lousy as well.

Anyways though, the DEagle is pretty fun, if you can afford the ammo for it. Nevermind the cost of the gun, ammo is the expensive part.

The Deagle is a piece of shit. It throws a big slug and makes lots of noise. So what?
The Judge is equally a piece of shit. Go to Box O' Truth and see his review there.
The Micro Eagle is a piece of shit. Too heavy with a long creepy trigger pull. It is good for masochists who might enjoy having the woman pictured whip them.

Really, there is so much out there that actually works well I wonder why people have to invent stuff that doesnt.
fwiw, I actually sell guns for a living.

The Deagle is a piece of shit. It throws a big slug and makes lots of noise. So what?
It's also very accurate and not unpleasant to shoot.

I found it unpleasant. And at $2 a round I didn't really see much use for a single action gun that weighs more than a .44mag.

I suppose the pleasantness of it is subjective. I'll admit it's just a toy, but it's a nice toy none the less. Besides, if you reload, the cost per round gets cut in about half.

Hey, if someone wants one, I'm down with that. That's what keeps us in business.
I just don't see it as useful for anything other than being big.

Hey, if someone wants one, I'm down with that. That's what keeps us in business.
I just don't see it as useful for anything other than being big.

One could argue it as a nice target pistol or hunting handgun. It'd fill that role well. But, IMO, there are others that would do a better job.

But none would be as cool.

My father gave me his old .38 a couple weeks ago. I can't wait to take it to the range.

I like what's HOLDING it, but yeah, not a fan of the gun.

The Desert Eagle was given to Ahnold for the movie "Red Heat" because the original pistol they wanted him to have looked tiny in his hands. So they got the biggest baddest looking pistol of the era for him to carry. Good film too.

it is. its in my collection

Forum List

Back