Johnson A libertarian view of "oppressive justice" on the streets.

Discussion in 'Gary Johnson' started by flacaltenn, Jul 21, 2016.

1. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,810
    I think the Anarchist Forum is out the door and further to the left .. :biggrin:

2. AnCap'n_Murica

AnCap'n_Murica Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    The points remain.

3. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,810
    What? NO government is a point? You accept the US Constitution? Bill of Rights?

4. JoeMoma

JoeMoma Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,011
    Excellent example of libertarian style government, when it originated. With case law, it has morphed into something else.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,810
    Sure --- let the politicians be the "Sole Payer" for campaign cash. Brilliant move. MORE power to abuse. :cuckoo: Almost ZERO chance for ANY competition to the 2 dysfunctional EXISTING parties. Are you CRAZY?

They are afraid to let other parties on the ballot. Afraid to debate a competent Johnson/Weld ticket in any forum. You think having them IN CHARGE of all political monies is a GOOD THING? Get outta Dodge.

How about instead we keep them from doling out favors that they really don't have the Constitutional authority to make? Stop them from picking winners and losers in the marketplace? Stop the corporate handouts COMPLETELY for crap that's been on the open marketplace for years?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. AnCap'n_Murica

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    You speak as though those pieces of paper have constrained statist totalitarians, when the objective evidence shows otherwise.

How much evidence do you need of the oppressive nature of the monopoly on proactive coercive force, before you begin to reject it?

7. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,810
    I've rejected it since I caught James Carville and Mary Matalin shacking up in cheap motels on the campaign trail as they ran the Clinton -- Bush campaigns. It was about then I woke up and realized that if THEY don't take this deadly seriously -- then I was never again gonna support EITHER of their parties.

It's about offering ALTERNATIVES and choices on the ballot right now. Not even about winning. Just getting respect and a seat at the table..

Do you ACCEPT the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights? Intend to enforce it? Intend to roll-back abuses? It's a Herculean task and I don't believe in miracles. It's hard work.

8. AnCap'n_Murica

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    OK, so you have bought into the belief that you're less of a prisoner because you get to choose the warden.

I'm simpatico, I was there. I was able to find a way to let it go.

9. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,810
    I've watched the decline of respect and competence of govt. ESPECIALLY on the Fed level. It's a tragedy. We could ALL be more trusting of power if it was exercised correctly. But sidelining yourself when there's a huge new complex in Utah to spy on Americans --- just fails common sense. It's like waiting for the Mother Ship to arrive.

10. AnCap'n_Murica

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    For me, that's a tremendous incentive to reject them all. That facility will remain no mater which warden is elected.

You know in your heart this is true. Reject Stockholm syndrome.