A Liberal Reveiws A Movie. This Is Why I Hate Liberals.

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
So Richard Linklater has made a new movie and it took him 12 years to complete it because he followed the same characters/actors as they aged over the years. A very innovative technique. Here's what the Atlantic's film critic has to say about this innovative movie:

Not Everyone's Boyhood

Extraordinary as it is, Richard Linklater's film avoids the topic of race in ways that are all too common for its genre, for Hollywood, and for America.

. . . . . . . Because in this otherwise sprawling exploration of a boy’s life in America, there is an essential aspect of the present-day human experience that goes unexplored: race. . . . . .

But the fact that this particular film omits the topic of race almost entirely, underscores something insidious about our movies and the society they reflect.
This is the guy I hate. I can't watch anything on TV without formulaic racial representation crammed onto the screen. I watch Continuum, a sci-fi show actually set, not just filmed but set, in Canada's Vancouver, a city with a 60% white population and 28% Asian population and 1% black population and there's black people running all through the series and hardly any Asians. This contrived ramming of race into cinema is to please guys like this. He goes to see this movie and complains that it stands apart from ALL OTHER CINEMA because it doesn't jam racial issues onto the screen. The one movie that's an exception to racial bean counting has to be taken to task for breaking ranks with all the racists in liberaldom.

Why do liberals have to politicize everything? Every damn thing.

So Richard Linklater has made a new movie and it took him 12 years to complete it because he followed the same characters/actors as they aged over the years. A very innovative technique. Here's what the Atlantic's film critic has to say about this innovative movie:

Not Everyone's Boyhood

Extraordinary as it is, Richard Linklater's film avoids the topic of race in ways that are all too common for its genre, for Hollywood, and for America.

. . . . . . . Because in this otherwise sprawling exploration of a boy’s life in America, there is an essential aspect of the present-day human experience that goes unexplored: race. . . . . .

But the fact that this particular film omits the topic of race almost entirely, underscores something insidious about our movies and the society they reflect.
This is the guy I hate. I can't watch anything on TV without formulaic racial representation crammed onto the screen. I watch Continuum, a sci-fi show actually set, not just filmed but set, in Canada's Vancouver, a city with a 60% white population and 28% Asian population and 1% black population and there's black people running all through the series and hardly any Asians. This contrived ramming of race into cinema is to please guys like this. He goes to see this movie and complains that it stands apart from ALL OTHER CINEMA because it doesn't jam racial issues onto the screen. The one movie that's an exception to racial bean counting has to be taken to task for breaking ranks with all the racists in liberaldom.

Damn. Fine. Post.

Incredible.

They're just consumed by skin color.

Worse, their constant effort to divide us even more is working.

Dividing Americans is what this is all about. If Americans of all races were to unite, we would throw the power elite out of power. The power elite know this so they must continue to promote divisive policies and propaganda.

Um...........the author of that review is Imran Siddiquee and used to work for The Representation Project.

Last edited:
This thread fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Also exceeds the USDA minimum Daily Hypocracy Requirement.

th

I had a flat tire yesterday, fucking liberals.

ONLY liberals make movies.
ONLY liberals are teachers and members of school boards
ONLY liberals....fill in the blank.

What we see here is victim-hood...

Not Everyone's Boyhood

That is ONE liberal reviewer. Have you any more who have the same complaint, or are you someone hateful who blames an entire group on the actions of one.

WHAT did you just do Rikurzhen?

What we see here is how stupid partisanship can be.

Imran Siddiquee and the OP and yourself are excellent examples of the brain damage that can be caused when partisans believe the sun orbits their agenda.

Movies and TV are different media, but they are both dependent on SALES. Movies make money off ticket sales. They are often targeted toward narrow demographics (gender, age, race). TV shows make money off advertising sales. Advertisers are trying to reach large audiences, thus you find that TV shows are typically more diverse, even are the expense of bending reality. The purpose is to Make Money, not to conform to whatever ridiculous notions partisans have regarding their imaginary conspiracies.

Imran Siddiquee

Imran Siddiquee and the OP and yourself are excellent examples of the brain damage that can be caused when partisans believe the sun orbits their agenda.

Movies and TV are different media, but they are both dependent on SALES. Movies make money off ticket sales. They are often targeted toward narrow demographics (gender, age, race). TV shows make money off advertising sales. Advertisers are trying to reach large audiences, thus you find that TV shows are typically more diverse, even are the expense of bending reality. The purpose is to Make Money, not to conform to whatever ridiculous notions partisans have regarding their imaginary conspiracies.

Imran Siddiquee

Oh really? Clearly there was no market then for introducing homosexual characters into cinema. Homosexuals comprise 1%-2% of the population, their normalization was opposed by the vast majority of the population and yet Hollywood didn't care, they starting featuring homosexuals prominently to the point where now 50% of the Americans believe that homosexuals represent 20%-25% or more of the population.

6y307aikjui7yyb81wra_zpsf83a0629.gif

Let's flip the script, shall we. A Republican goes to see this movie and write a review like this:

"Just saw Richard Linklater's new movie and it's a sad reflection on America - there were no guns in the movie. This movie about a boy growing up and it had no guns and no discussion of 2nd Amendment issues and no discussion of how liberals are trying to disarm America.

This move about a boy's childhood fails because it doesn't engage with the viewers on the importance of the 2nd Amendment. My recommendation is to not see this movie.​

Sounds like a weird move review, doesn't it? Well, that's how the Left's racial obsession sounds to normal people.

Imran Siddiquee

Oh really? Clearly there was no market then for introducing homosexual characters into cinema. Homosexuals comprise 1%-2% of the population, their normalization was opposed by the vast majority of the population and yet Hollywood didn't care, they starting featuring homosexuals prominently to the point where now 50% of the Americans believe that homosexuals represent 20%-25% or more of the population.

What sort of nonsense are you blithering away about now?

Listen you ninny: Hollywood makes movies. They make movies about Queers. They make movies about cartoon mermaids. They make movies about whales. Why? Because Queers, Cartoon Mermaids, and Whales are ENTERTAINING, and movies about them sell tickets: NOT because there is some vast conspiracy to make Queers, Mermaids and Whales acceptable sexual alternatives, for christssakes!

Imran Siddiquee

What sort of nonsense are you blithering away about now?

Listen you ninny: Hollywood makes movies. They make movies about Queers. They make movies about cartoon mermaids. They make movies about whales. Why? Because Queers, Cartoon Mermaids, and Whales are ENTERTAINING, and movies about them sell tickets: NOT because there is some vast conspiracy to make Queers, Mermaids and Whales acceptable sexual alternatives, for christssakes!

I'm sure that you think that you've put me in my place. You know, I thought I saw Dorothy and the TinMan and the Cowardly Lion walking on the yellow brick road over yonder.

Forum List

Back