Feb 13, 2013
Lost
An Open Letter to Khizr Khan

An Open Letter to Khizr Khan July 31, 2016

Posted by Chris Mark in Uncategorized.
Tags: Army, DNC, Humayan, Kahn, Khizr, Muslims, Navy, Trump, USMC
trackback
Dear Mr. Khan,

I want to preface this letter by stating that I respect your sonā€™s sacrifice for this great nation. By all accounts, he is a true hero that sacrificed himself in service to our country. For that I am thankful.

As a veteran, I watched your comments at the Democratic National Convention with a mixture of sadness, and anger. The United States has a military comprised of volunteers. Every single member has made the conscious choice to join the military and serve. There is not a single service member who has been forced into service. It is important for all service members (and apparently, their families) to understand that service to this great nation does not imbue one with special privileges or rights. I found your comments troubling when you said: ā€œHave you ever been to Arlington cemetery? Go look at the graves of brave patriots who died defending the United States of America. You will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities. You have sacrificed nothing and no one.ā€

Does it matter whether Mr. Trump has sacrificed ā€œā€¦nothing and no one?ā€ā€¦has Ms. Clinton ā€œ..sacrificedā€ for this nation? How about Mr. Obama? Your comment stating that Mr. Trump ā€œā€¦has sacrifice no oneā€ is alarming. Are you intimating that YOU sacrificed? Sir, your son willingly sacrificed himself. As a father I cannot imagine the pain you must feel but his sacrifice is his own. He was not forced to serve.

I am troubled that you would allow a party that has little more than contempt for the US Service Member to parade you into the DNC to denounce Donald Trump. Did you watch when protesters at the DNC booed and heckled Medal of Honor recipient Capt. Florent Groberg? Did you notice your party interrupting the moment of silence for slain police officers? Your own hypocrisy in not denouncing these acts and instead using the DNC as a platform to make a political point is disgraceful. The simple fact is that whether one served or sacrificed does not give greater power to their statements. One vote is as valuable as another. That sir, is why our Country is great. Your condemnation of one person for a statement while standing idly as your party disparages veterans and police officers is the height of hypocrisy.

To conflate the need to prevent potential terrorists from entering our country with the belief that ā€˜all Muslimsā€™ should be banned is simply wrong and disingenuous. As a reminder, Mr. Trump said: ā€ ā€œUntil we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,ā€ The irony of your sonā€™s own death at the hands of these very people in Iraq should not be ignored. I have little doubt that your son would have recognized the need to protect our country from these very people. In fact, he held is own troops back so that he could check on a suspicious car. Your son understood sacrifice and how to protect ā€œhis peopleā€ā€¦ā€™his soldiersā€™ā€¦.ā€™his fellow Americansā€™ā€¦

As you continue to make the media circuit and bask in the glow of affection cast upon you by a party that has little regard for your sonā€™s own sacrifice, and veterans in general, I would ask you to consider your comments and your position more closely.

Respectfully,

Chris Mark

US Marine and Navy Veteran.

Great letter! Seems many are not happy with Mr Khans one sided vision about his son's death.

trackback
Dear Mr. Khan,

I want to preface this letter by stating that I respect your sonā€™s sacrifice for this great nation. By all accounts, he is a true hero that sacrificed himself in service to our country. For that I am thankful.

As a veteran, I watched your comments at the Democratic National Convention with a mixture of sadness, and anger. The United States has a military comprised of volunteers. Every single member has made the conscious choice to join the military and serve. There is not a single service member who has been forced into service. It is important for all service members (and apparently, their families) to understand that service to this great nation does not imbue one with special privileges or rights. I found your comments troubling when you said: ā€œHave you ever been to Arlington cemetery? Go look at the graves of brave patriots who died defending the United States of America. You will see all faiths, genders and ethnicities. You have sacrificed nothing and no one.ā€

Does it matter whether Mr. Trump has sacrificed ā€œā€¦nothing and no one?ā€ā€¦has Ms. Clinton ā€œ..sacrificedā€ for this nation? How about Mr. Obama? Your comment stating that Mr. Trump ā€œā€¦has sacrifice no oneā€ is alarming. Are you intimating that YOU sacrificed? Sir, your son willingly sacrificed himself. As a father I cannot imagine the pain you must feel but his sacrifice is his own. He was not forced to serve.

I am troubled that you would allow a party that has little more than contempt for the US Service Member to parade you into the DNC to denounce Donald Trump. Did you watch when protesters at the DNC booed and heckled Medal of Honor recipient Capt. Florent Groberg? Did you notice your party interrupting the moment of silence for slain police officers? Your own hypocrisy in not denouncing these acts and instead using the DNC as a platform to make a political point is disgraceful. The simple fact is that whether one served or sacrificed does not give greater power to their statements. One vote is as valuable as another. That sir, is why our Country is great. Your condemnation of one person for a statement while standing idly as your party disparages veterans and police officers is the height of hypocrisy.

To conflate the need to prevent potential terrorists from entering our country with the belief that ā€˜all Muslimsā€™ should be banned is simply wrong and disingenuous. As a reminder, Mr. Trump said: ā€ ā€œUntil we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,ā€ The irony of your sonā€™s own death at the hands of these very people in Iraq should not be ignored. I have little doubt that your son would have recognized the need to protect our country from these very people. In fact, he held is own troops back so that he could check on a suspicious car. Your son understood sacrifice and how to protect ā€œhis peopleā€ā€¦ā€™his soldiersā€™ā€¦.ā€™his fellow Americansā€™ā€¦

As you continue to make the media circuit and bask in the glow of affection cast upon you by a party that has little regard for your sonā€™s own sacrifice, and veterans in general, I would ask you to consider your comments and your position more closely.

Respectfully,

Chris Mark

Great letter! Seems many are not happy with Mr Khans one sided vision about his son's death.
Seems a lot of people want Khan to shut up so they can continue their hatred against fellow Americans without anyone trying to make them feel guilty.

trackback
Dear Mr. Khan,

Respectfully,

Chris Mark

Excellent. Just excellent. Should be picked up an printed by every news outlet.

trackback
Dear Mr. Khan,

Respectfully,

Chris Mark

Seems a lot of people want Khan to shut up so they can continue their hatred against fellow Americans without anyone trying to make them feel guilty.

Khan and anyone that believes him are the real haters. If you read the letter and understood it you couldn't possibly come away with any other opinion, unless you're a hater. Are you a hater?

trackback
Dear Mr. Khan,

Respectfully,

Chris Mark

Seems a lot of people are pretty grossed out by this guy using his son's death for political advancement of a candidate.

I don't know who the bigger slime is.....the DNC or the dad.

trackback
Dear Mr. Khan,

Respectfully,

Chris Mark

Khan and anyone that believes him are the real haters. If you read the letter and understood it you couldn't possibly come away with any other opinion, unless you're a hater. Are you a hater?

You have to ask this guy.

Good grief !

trackback
Dear Mr. Khan,

Respectfully,

Chris Mark

Seems a lot of people are pretty grossed out by this guy using his son's death for political advancement of a candidate.

I don't know who the bigger slime is.....the DNC or the dad.
maybe hillary promised to let him go down on her if he pretended to be upset with Donald Trump.
something is up, face it, Trump had nothing to do with this towel heads son being killed, Hillary on the other hand and basically all the democrats in congress at that time did agree to a war.
You would think the suicide bomber family would recognize who is really to blame for his son dying at the hands of his own religion,

I'd rather have you shut up, the lying is getting annoying

Minuscule Number of Muslims Serve in US Military as Share of Population

5,793 service members have been killed in combat in the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and the war against ISIS. The 14 Muslims killed in action is about one fourth of one percent meaning Muslims have been killed in action in even less percentage than the one third of one percent of Muslims serving

As if to prove the point of the lack of Muslim support for the U.S. in the war on terror, a rally held on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. one week ago was
attended by ā€œdozensā€™ of Muslims according to media reports when the Muslim groups that organized the rally planned for thousands to attend.

I understand his families sacrifice, but he's the one that chose to get up in front of the country and make an issue out of his point about Muslim immigration.

Just because he has lost a love one does not make him immune from crticism.

the khan family is finding out that the sheehan family and the tillwell family know......the us could care less about dead soldiers...or their families...this gold star shit is just that.....rah rah rah...meaning nothing.....its so sad when people like trump and gracie have so much to say about shit they know nothing about.....

Dear Mr Khan, how about the over 50 American muslims that joined the foreign jihad against us? the Orlando shooter?

is that american muslim sacrifice?

Wont' matter sadly. Pravda has already established the narrative that they want. Brown victim of white privilege.

Reference Ferguson to show how relevant truth is to perception and the democrat way. Victimology and the grievance INDUSTRY have NO interest in a solution and so they have no interest in truth.

They have found their opportunity to push it. They use any and ALL perceived racist comments by Trump and they jump on it like the scumbag propaganda pushers they are.

It is a good letter to read. It will only effect those who have the eyes to see truth and the ears to hear truth. Unfortunately it will have no effect on the scumbags. We all know who they are.

the khan family is finding out that the sheehan family and the tillwell family know......the us could care less about dead soldiers...or their families...this gold star shit is just that.....rah rah rah...meaning nothing.....its so sad when people like trump and gracie have so much to say about shit they know nothing about.....
Oh, did you include the 4 in Benghazi with your fucking bullshit?

You fucking loser.

I read a lot and seldom post, but I wonder why so many people are so upset about what Trump said. He was not putting down this hero who died for his country, but questioning why the mother did not speak. I noticed this myself when watching, but I know I would not have been able to speak either. He should have just kept his mouth shut (jmho) but it has been blown up so out of proportion. My son is a Marine (once a Marine, always a Marine), served active duty from 2006-2010, and deployed twice to Iraq. During that time, many people on different forums, including this one, were posting how our military were not defending us, were being used, only ones joining were poor, uneducated, stupid, etc., etc. Well, my son was not from a rich family, but we were not poor, he was an honor roll student so he was not stupid, but wanted to serve his country like his grandfather and uncles had. Lots of put downs for our military then, but now, suddenly they are all rah rah for this particular family and love our military so much .

There are lots of families still grieving, and my heart breaks for all of them. My son came home whole, and I am so, so grateful for that. I remember the fear, and sleepless nights when he was deployed, as a parent you are supposed to protect your child from harm, (yes, at 18 he was still my baby) then suddenly you realize there is not a thing you can do, and you know they are in harms way. I'm sure these parents felt the same way, had the same fears, and their fear came true, along with many others. It's a shame that so many of the people that care so much now, didn't care before and ridiculed all our other heroes that enlisted when we were at war, not knowing if they would make it home in one piece. I can't say the US as a whole does not care for their Gold Star families, or any other military families, it's just the hypocrisy of some of its citizens and their caring only when it fits their agenda.

trackback
Dear Mr. Khan,

Respectfully,

Chris Mark

Actually I want 10 more just like him so that Americans can see who Democrats really are.

Forum List

Back