A letter to John Kerry

Hello, brneyedgrl80!

You've been forthright and thorough in stating your reasons for supporting John Kerry. I'd like to respond in kind.

"Support *mend it, don't end it* for affirmative action."

There's no mending AA. It's bad law. Because of the random nature of it's enforcement, it can never hope to address instances of provable discrimination. How does an undeserved windfall, given to one person on the basis of whatever, redress the grievance of another who may have suffered provable bias? As such, AA is irrelevant to discrimination.

"Voted YES on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes".

Hate crime legislation is more bad law. It seeks to punish a person, not only for commiting a crime, but for what his particular MINDSET may have been at the time. A pessimistic, frightened, and prophetic George Orwell saw this coming 55 years ago. He called it "thoughtcrime."

"Vouchers drain resources from public schools."

By "resources", you mean tax dollars, right? What's wrong with taxpaying parents having a say in their childrens' education?

"Voted NO on requiring schools to allow voluntary prayer."

Let's see if we can take that convoluted, triple-negative sentence and straighten it out a bit, shall we? How about, "allowing schools to forbid prayer"? Or better yet,let's try, "forbidding schools to allow prayer". There. Just rolls trippingly off the tongue, doesn't it?

"Voted YES on national education standards."

The federal govt. needs to get out of the education business.It's responsibilities are clearly outlined in the Constitution, and this ain't one of them.

"Close the loopholes that reward corps taking jobs overseas."

You mean, like Heinz?

"Regulate on side of citizens, not....corporations."

This is classic liberalspeak - sweeping, dogmatic, and essentially meaningless.

"Supports multilateral cooperative internationalism."

What a lovely euphemism for "abandoning American national sovereignty" and "working to the detriment of U.S. interests"!

"Partial-birth abortion ban undermines women's right to choose."

I don't envy anyone trying to defend this unconscionable barbarity. The only motivation I can imagine is fear of the "slippery slope." All abortions, no matter how gruesome and heartless ,must be defended for the sake of women's rights ! I'll bet these are the same people who say, "What's all this fuss about a little bit of gun control?"

Just a few of my thoughts on the Democrat Party agenda.

Thank you for your kind words. I can see where you are coming from. But I'm going to have to respectully disagree.

Fact is, that conservatives and liberals will never see eye to eye on every issue, but that's what makes this country great, the right to have your own opinion. ;)

But thanks for taking the time to read some of the reasons why I prefer Kerry for my nomination above other candidates. :D

And my compliments to you. Rare indeed is the Kerry supporter who can discuss politics in a ratoinal and positive light, without calling President Bush the Antichrist or inferring that all conservatives must be morally deficient retards. Very refreshing.

Originally posted by SuperFlyingEngi
Jimmy: You do realize that website where they claim to have signatures from so many people saying Kerry is unfit for Commander in Chief is COMPLETELY FALSE, don't you? They don't have ANY signatures! They're just lying!

If someone will post that site address, I know of one more signature they can have.

Forum List

Back