A heavy dose of reality for electric-truck mandates

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
In the wake of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's decision to let California set de facto national emission standards for commercial vehicles, Boyle's testimony sheds light for lawmakers onto the gravity of these mandates—and how disconnected they are from current, real-world conditions.

Below are key exchanges from the hearing.

After one trucking company tried to electrify just 30 trucks at a terminal in Joliet, Illinois, local officials shut those plans down, saying they would draw more electricity than is needed to power the entire city.

A California company tried to electrify 12 forklifts. Not trucks, but forklifts. Local power utilities told them that’s not possible

Highly educated experts have deboonked this crazy man by insisting costs sourcing and reliability should be completely disregarded ...now shut up bigots and eat the bugs

Hydrogen development keeps moving right along.

Toyota’s Hydrogen Combustion Engine Has The Potential To Make EVs Obsolete​

In the wake of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's decision to let California set de facto national emission standards for commercial vehicles, Boyle's testimony sheds light for lawmakers onto the gravity of these mandates—and how disconnected they are from current, real-world conditions.

Below are key exchanges from the hearing.

After one trucking company tried to electrify just 30 trucks at a terminal in Joliet, Illinois, local officials shut those plans down, saying they would draw more electricity than is needed to power the entire city.

A California company tried to electrify 12 forklifts. Not trucks, but forklifts. Local power utilities told them that’s not possible

Highly educated experts have deboonked this crazy man by insisting costs sourcing and reliability should be completely disregarded ...now shut up bigots and eat the bugs

There have been electric forklifts forever. The articleis either lying or leaving out lots of pertinant information.

There have been electric forklifts forever. The articleis either lying or leaving out lots of pertinant information.
So the town was lying to him ?
If they're progressive bureaucrats then thats possible :p

Owned a few propane myself ...my freight forwarder had a half million SQ ft he had electric forklifts
You could ride em up and down elevators that's how big his place was

If someone forgot to plug em in he was boned the next morning
I just had to switch an empty tank to a full one ....about 20 seconds

Even 25+ years later propane forklifts are still far superior over electric

So the town was lying to him ?
If they're progressive bureaucrats then thats possible :p

Owned a few propane myself ...my freight forwarder had a half million SQ ft he had electric forklifts
You could ride em up and down elevators that's how big his place was

If someone forgot to plug em in he was boned the next morning
I just had to switch an empty tank to a full one ....about 20 seconds
Why can't they be powered? Saying 12 electric forklifts can't be powered doesn't sound even close to being right, unless there is a lot more to the story.

Why can't they be powered? Saying 12 electric forklifts can't be powered doesn't sound even close to being right, unless there is a lot more to the story.

Why not add
Why is one California municipality telling one trucker he can't switch to electric trucks cause they can't power em
That's also in there

Think you can figure it out ?
I know the experts told you you have to believe in an electrified future but it ain't going to be.why? simply because you are the carbon they want to reduce....pretty much

Why not add
Why is one California municipality telling one trucker he can't switch to electric trucks cause they can't power em
That's also in there

Think you can figure it out ?
I know the experts told you you have to believe in an electrified future but it ain't going to be.why? simply because you are the carbon they want to reduce....pretty much
There has to be a reason why. So what is the reason? Not enough transmission lines? The power plant isn't big enough? What is the specific problem?

Why couldn't they. There are specific reasons. Why couldn't they wire the place? Did it cost more than they wanted to pay?
They couldn't supply the power either ......if we're supposed to be electrifying vehicles why can't they supply the power or wire the place to handle the load ....

It's a feature ...not a bug
And no their will be no catching up or ramping up and modernization of the grid

They couldn't supply the power either ......if we're supposed to be electrifying vehicles why can't they supply the power or wire the place to handle the load ....

It's a feature ...not a bug
And no their will be no catching up or ramping up and modernization of the grid
The article didn't say they couldn't supply the power. Where did you get that information?

It was an Illinois municipality that couldn't supply the power not California
I got em backwards

Like most silly women You wanna believe it's not so

I'm not aware of any cities that supply electricity. I thought power companies did that.

You haven't heard about all the infrastructure improvements planned So it isn't possible today. Big deal. It will be, and soon.

I'm not aware of any cities that supply electricity. I thought power companies did that.

You haven't heard about all the infrastructure improvements planned So it isn't possible today. Big deal. It will be, and soon.
The local ,or county bureaucrats get involved whenever you do something like that ..and private power companies ...err most are not so private ....you've never built a business that actually moved or made something have you ...

Like what ? Planned ?
Anything that's made any progress with tangible results ?

Or just a lot of pipe dreams you read in the guardian or ny times ?

Are you a heavy domestic mining advocate or a third world child slave labor advocate ?

On contolling the global weather and saving the planet Which do you prefer ?

The local ,or county bureaucrats get involved whenever you do something like that ..and private power companies ...err most are not so private ....you've never built a business that actually moved or made something have you ...

Like what ? Planned ?
Anything that's made any progress with tangible results ?

Or just a lot of pipe dreams you read in the guardian or ny times ?

Are you a heavy domestic mining advocate or a third world child slave labor advocate ?

On contolling the global weather and saving the planet Which do you prefer ?
Sure, local or county bureaucrats get involved. They want to take credit for anything that happens in their area, but they can't do much. Perhaps a tax abatement, or expediting permits, but that's about it. They certainly can't make decisions about whether the power company can supply the needed infrastructure.

I see no need to give you an exhaustive list of my accomplishments before retirement.

Sure, local or county bureaucrats get involved. They want to take credit for anything that happens in their area, but they can't do much. Perhaps a tax abatement, or expediting permits, but that's about it. They certainly can't make decisions about whether the power company can supply the needed infrastructure.

I see no need to give you an exhaustive list of my accomplishments before retirement.
Ok but what planned infrastructure projects are you referring to so we can track their failures and the grift

Ok but what planned infrastructure projects are you referring to so we can track their failures and the grift
Try to keep up. I didn't mention any planned infrastructure projects. The article didn't even mention the specific location of the imagined company location.

Forum List

Back