A "Good" Law

No I paid 90 a month and no deductible

Sorry...I got your info confused with EddieBeCrazy's. He just keeps spamming; it's hard to have a convo with anyone else.

At that premium, I'm assuming it was a catastrophic policy. Would that be correct?
It paid everything. I had a 20 dollar co-pay and no deductible. Meds were around 7 dollars

Was this also through your employer?
Yes

If it were me, I'd compare the old policy with the new one to see whether your employer has switched carriers or reduced their contribution to the group plan.

You're not obligated to stay with the company plan if you can find a better one on your own.
Their explanation was they had to change because of Obama law

Sorry...I got your info confused with EddieBeCrazy's. He just keeps spamming; it's hard to have a convo with anyone else.

At that premium, I'm assuming it was a catastrophic policy. Would that be correct?
It paid everything. I had a 20 dollar co-pay and no deductible. Meds were around 7 dollars

Was this also through your employer?
Yes

If it were me, I'd compare the old policy with the new one to see whether your employer has switched carriers or reduced their contribution to the group plan.

You're not obligated to stay with the company plan if you can find a better one on your own.
Their explanation was they had to change because of Obama law

The PPACA says you have to have health insurance or pay a fine. The reason I asked about catastrophic coverage (which, as you explained it, was not what you had before) is because it's no longer acceptable, but AFAIK that's the only restriction.

It may seem like a pain in the butt, but if you can possibly compare the policy you used to have with the policy your employer says you have to have now, you may find out that your employer's not being entirely honest with you. They may have gone for something that saved them money by passing it on to the employees, for example, or there could be some other reason why you're paying more for less coverage.

Having more detail at your disposal could help you save some $.

Single-payer for the win!

exactly!! heath care is a right!! and so are more important things like food, clothing and shelter so single payer food clothing and shelter ought to be a right too. Its like John Lennon said: imagine what a wonderful would it would be.

Too bad liberals are stupid monkeys who don't believe in science.

Forum List

Back